GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,759
0 members and 1,759 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I was under the impresion that GPhiD was social. Hence my question. As it is business, my question is answered. Thanks.

ΓΒΦ, BΓΣ, ΦKΦ, OΔK
Societies

Old 04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Dragon View Post
2. Also, is dual membership allowed between two PFA fraternitiess?
With Professional fraternities, you can not join two of the same type, but can join more then one, so long as they are different.

ie, you could join a business and a law fraternity (my dad did), but you couldn't join 2 law fraternities.
Section 71 Chair
Old 11-24-2010, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

How about the combination of cultural Greek + NIC/NPC?

I know a girl who claims to be a member of a multicultural Greek and an NPC, though I am pretty sure that the multicultural is just colonizing at her school. Or she could just be shitting me because she's too afraid to ask outright whether it's allowed or not.
ΦΒ To be rather than to seem to be.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriverite View Post
How about the combination of cultural Greek + NIC/NPC?

I know a girl who claims to be a member of a multicultural Greek and an NPC, though I am pretty sure that the multicultural is just colonizing at her school. Or she could just be shitting me because she's too afraid to ask outright whether it's allowed or not.
She's probably lying.

Who has time to do both?

Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

It isn't an issue of time. The issue is whether or not dual membership is permitted on the part of the NPC and MCGLO.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
It isn't an issue of time. The issue is whether or not dual membership is permitted on the part of the NPC and MCGLO.
Hence, the "she's probably lying," since a lot of LGLO/MCGLOs don't allow dual memberships.

The time commitment part was in reference to the second part of her post.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

Okay.

Time commitment still doesn't have anything to do with what she posted. People make time for all sorts of things if they are allowed to do so.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to shannakate
What happens if your chapter gets shut down at the school you are initiated at? Do the rules still apply?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannakate View Post
What happens if your chapter gets shut down at the school you are initiated at? Do the rules still apply?
Yes, the rules apply whether your chapter shuts down, you transfer to another school and they don't have your sorority, you are shot to the moon or you forget that you got initiated. It doesn't matter. Once you get initiated, you can't join another group.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I am amazed how often this question gets brought up.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

And I can't believe I reread the whole thing and still didn't get an answer to a question I had (even though I was re-entertained)
Old 01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

As I do not wish to reread the whole thread, what was it?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a question: I'm a part of a National group, but we are not NPC, nor are we NPHC, or service oriented. We are not off campus either. I have been in my group for one year and although we are on our way to becoming NPC, it will not be when I am an undergrad. Now when I say on our way I don't mean that we're waiting for the decision and I'm just being impatient. I mean that we are beginning to accumulate the right number of quality chapters and other criteria.
I'm going to go to grad school and I'm wondering if I should attempt to join an NPC sorority when it it is possible that my group could become NPC?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorin_Kanoe View Post
I have a question: I'm a part of a National group, but we are not NPC, nor are we NPHC, or service oriented. We are not off campus either. I have been in my group for one year and although we are on our way to becoming NPC, it will not be when I am an undergrad. Now when I say on our way I don't mean that we're waiting for the decision and I'm just being impatient. I mean that we are beginning to accumulate the right number of quality chapters and other criteria.

I'm going to go to grad school and I'm wondering if I should attempt to join an NPC sorority when it it is possible that my group could become NPC?
You mean that you are part of an org that wants to eventually expand and JOIN the NPC? Understand that new orgs haven't been added to the conference since 1951. Not saying that it would NEVER happen, but it's not an overnight (or even a "few years") thing.

Also, just a note, not every NPC member org allows grad students to join. Even if a particular org does allow grad students, it doesn't mean that a CHAPTER traditionally does. Ex: XYZ might allow grad students according to its bylaws, but the chapter at Traditional Greek System University may have never actually bid a grad student (because all NMs at that school are typically traditional students.)

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorin_Kanoe View Post
Grad school issue aside, if you did join an NPC sorority and your current sorority eventually became the 27th NPC group, you most likely would have to surrender your membership in your current sorority, as the group who's been an NPC member the longest would take precedence. This is what happened when the newest members of NPC joined in 1951. Does that help?