GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,725
1 members and 1,724 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 05-13-2002, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Embarrsing another GDI wearing Greek Shirts

I was shopping the other day for a mothers day present when i saw this guy wearing a UF Greek Week shirt. So i was like hey man what Fraternity are you in, im a Sigma Chi?" Hes like what makes you think im in a fraternity??? Im like ummmm welll maybe that greek week shirt. And he says haha oh ya well im on the UF soccer team and one of my teammates left it at my place and I just wear it for the greek letters. So im like oh so your trying to act cool then huh?! He got a little pissed and was like hey i play soccer for UF, i am cool. Im like well would you get pissed if you saw someone wearing a UF soccer shirt who didn't play soccer for UF. Hes like hell ya i would....and then i laughed and was like well why the hell are you wearing a Greek week shirt when YOUR NOT GREEK!!! He didn't say anything and his friends laughed at him. It was so great! Anyways thought i had to share.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking LOL

Way to go UNFSigmaChi!!!!!!

Bravo!

Proud to see you went about it in an intelligent manner as well and beat him at his own "game" (pardon the pun).

wait a minute? This IS my signature.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Duh!!!!!

Old 05-13-2002, 09:36 PM

This wasn't the same jackass that wore the AXO letters trying to pickup chicks, right?
Old 05-13-2002, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

haha no it wasn't him, I can't believe you remember that one. St. Augustine is definatly a unique town. The majority of the people there are redneck/white trash, or the Flagler College(Art college) where all the art people go or as some say, "where rich parents send their stupid children." The first place where you can get a degree in Stage Combat haha. But when im home and I wear letters around people look at me funny and the white trash people at wal mart are like, "hey youse in one of dem frats...can I buys one of dems shirts from you to wear." If it wasn't for all the cool tourists that visit Id go nuts. I have a lot of funny stories about greek imposters i've met over the past couple of years since my parents moved there from Sarasota. A lot of people i guess give their old greek shirts to goodwill and people will buy them up. One of the girls i work with that goes to Flagler found a KAT shirt at a goodwill and wore it for a few times cause she wanted people to notice her as a "sorority girl" and thought people paid her more attention....like guys.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

This and the other GDI wearing AXO letters threads make me think of one of the funniest things I ever saw: In the late 80's, a homeless woman got a hold of a t-shirt with Kappa Alpha Theta block letters that someone at USC (CA) had thrown away. Theta had and has an outstanding chapter at 'SC, full of beautiful and bright women. So it was pretty hilarious when the Row Run (the greek system's newspaper back then) hit the stands with a FULL PAGE picture of this woman on the front cover, close up and looking very disheveled but very proud, missing all sorts of teeth, greek letters on her chest larger than life, with the simple caption: RUSH THETA.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Quote:
Originally posted by SoProud2BeAnAlphaXi
This and the other GDI wearing AXO letters threads make me think of one of the funniest things I ever saw: In the late 80's, a homeless woman got a hold of a t-shirt with Kappa Alpha Theta block letters that someone at USC (CA) had thrown away. Theta had and has an outstanding chapter at 'SC, full of beautiful and bright women. So it was pretty hilarious when the Row Run (the greek system's newspaper back then) hit the stands with a FULL PAGE picture of this woman on the front cover, close up and looking very disheveled but very proud, missing all sorts of teeth, greek letters on her chest larger than life, with the simple caption: RUSH THETA.
I was not greek at the time I attended USC, but I remember the Row Run.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Embarrsing another GDI wearing Greek Shirts

Quote:
Originally posted by UNFSigmaChi
And he says haha oh ya well im on the UF soccer team and one of my teammates left it at my place and I just wear it for the greek letters. So im like oh so your trying to act cool then huh?! He got a little pissed and was like hey i play soccer for UF, i am cool. Im like well would you get pissed if you saw someone wearing a UF soccer shirt who didn't play soccer for UF.
...even funnier is the fact that UF DOESN'T HAVE A MEN'S SOCCER TEAM!!!

We have a very very good women's soccer team, but not a men's team (one of the ironies of Title IX)

So pretty much this charming young man was:

1) ALSO lying about being on the soccer team,
2) too stupid to know what sport he plays, or
3) on an INTRAMURAL team, which anyone can join if they're a student and have enough brain cells to present themselves and their student ID card on the sign up day.

Way to go, buddy. I bet the fraternities here at UF are just falling all over themselves to rush you.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
heh heh. this thread reminded me of something. this is kinda funny too. i was at walmart in tennessee 'bout two or three weeks ago and i saw a white woman wearing a shirt with the greek letters for "kappa alpha psi". i wasn't quite sure what she was thinking and i just couldn't walk away without knowing so i actually worked up the nerve to ask her 'bout the shirt. i told her it was an interesting shirt and she told me that her sister had picked it up from some store and given it to her as a gift because her name is Kay. heh heh. she was kinda older and i didn't have the heart to break it to her that the shirt didn't really mean her name. i just kinda laughed my ass off when i got outside.

marissa
A GD
Old 06-21-2003, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

lol thats kinda funny, we had some kid that actually had enough balls to come to one of our parties in our letters. We went up to him and he was like my dad was a Phi Sig so I'm like whatever. Later we found out that he was going around telling girls that he was a brother and shit, so we tossed his ass. Your dad might have been one but you sure as hell aint nor ever will be haha.

PHI SIGMA KAPPA-damn proud
Old 06-21-2003, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Daaaaaggg!~~~!!! Some people are crazy~!
Old 06-21-2003, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by squirrely girl
heh heh. this thread reminded me of something. this is kinda funny too. i was at walmart in tennessee 'bout two or three weeks ago and i saw a white woman wearing a shirt with the greek letters for "kappa alpha psi". i wasn't quite sure what she was thinking and i just couldn't walk away without knowing so i actually worked up the nerve to ask her 'bout the shirt. i told her it was an interesting shirt and she told me that her sister had picked it up from some store and given it to her as a gift because her name is Kay. heh heh. she was kinda older and i didn't have the heart to break it to her that the shirt didn't really mean her name. i just kinda laughed my ass off when i got outside.

marissa
LOL, such a freaking shame.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to uwwsweetie
Quote:
This and the other GDI wearing AXO letters threads RUSH THETA.
Do we have a link to that thread?
Old 06-21-2003, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This is why when I have to throw out a t-shirt with my letter that has been riddled with holes, I always cut out my letters beforehand. I might never know who could pick it and wear it and possibly ruin a GLO's good reputation. My advise is if you're going to throw out some shirt (or any article of clothing) with your letters, cut them out.

UNFSigmaChi, that's great that you ridiculed this guy in front of his friends! What a f*cking moron!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!

Last edited by CatStarESP4; 06-21-2003 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by squirrely girl

marissa
Working up the nerve to say something is pretty impressive, but it would have been kinder to tell her that it was a fraternity instead of laughing at her later. I hope no one is rude to this poor woman who has no clue later.