GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,412
3 members and 2,409 guests
flamboyanttree, MethrenLusia

Old 01-02-2024, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Indiana University Recruitment 2024

I didn't expect to start the first recruitment thread of the year so soon, but Indiana recruitment is here! Here is the schedule:

Open Invite- January 4th-5th (All 22 chapters are visited)
Philanthropy and Service Round- January 6th-7th (max of 16 parties)
Sisterhood Round- January 12-13 (max of 9 parties)
Preference Round- January 14th (max of 2 parties)
Bid Night- January 17th!!!

I'd like to wish everyone involved or going through good luck and may this be a successful recruitment!!

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-02-2024, 08:21 PM

Yikes. I can't imagine having a full schedule at sisterhood and then having to pick just 2 out of 9 to rank as your first choices for pref. Why not 3?

Good luck to all the PNMs and chapters.
Old 01-03-2024, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

It makes sense to me to go down to two. All parties involved have had a chance to meet/mix/know one another during the entire first semester. Why drag out the process if houses/pnms have the idea they know where their hearts are?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Our neighbor girl pledged Theta at IU last year and just went back two days ago to prepare for recruitment. From listening to her, VERY few PNM’s had 9 left at Sisterhood—many had only 3 or 4, some only 2—so perhaps ranking 2 is not that difficult for many.
Old 01-03-2024, 08:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
NPC believes, with RFM, that by preference, PNMs have two solid choices from which to make their decision to join. In many cases, when PNMs had three choices, they were just visiting a chapter that they weren't interested in anyway. By forcing the chapters to cut to this level and PNMs as well, PNMs have two choices and women aren't "led on" by chapters inviting too many back knowing they can't take that many women based off the expected quota range. RFM now pretty much has set that women only attend two pref events at most schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
Yikes. I can't imagine having a full schedule at sisterhood and then having to pick just 2 out of 9 to rank as your first choices for pref. Why not 3?

Good luck to all the PNMs and chapters.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ This. I remember reading that NPC research indicated that PNMs tended to be more disappointed if they had 3 invitations and matched to their third choice, compared to second choice out of two. Is any school still doing a max of 3 invitations for pref, or is everyone down to 2 max?
Old 01-03-2024, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
NPC believes, with RFM, that by preference, PNMs have two solid choices from which to make their decision to join. In many cases, when PNMs had three choices, they were just visiting a chapter that they weren't interested in anyway. By forcing the chapters to cut to this level and PNMs as well, PNMs have two choices and women aren't "led on" by chapters inviting too many back knowing they can't take that many women based off the expected quota range. RFM now pretty much has set that women only attend two pref events at most schools.
Hmm, that makes sense. I went through recruitment long before RFM was a thing, and there were only 4 NPCs and a local at my school - a much different system.

Last edited by aephi alum; 01-03-2024 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:24 PM

From all the things I've seen and heard, nobody has 3 pref parties anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
^^^ This. I remember reading that NPC research indicated that PNMs tended to be more disappointed if they had 3 invitations and matched to their third choice, compared to second choice out of two. Is any school still doing a max of 3 invitations for pref, or is everyone down to 2 max?
Old 01-04-2024, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
From all the things I've seen and heard, nobody has 3 pref parties anymore.
Oh man. My previous uni before transferring had 3 pref parties, but there was only 1 national on campus. None of the typical NPC rules applied.

Since 1888

Old 01-05-2024, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I can't imagine having a full schedule at sisterhood and then having to pick just 2 out of 9 to rank as your first choices for pref.
Would this also be hard for the weaker recruiting chapters? If you invited most of the PNMs back for the round of 9, do you invite most of them to pref, too? Seems like it would be very difficult to assess who is interested.
Old 01-05-2024, 02:29 PM

With the way RFM works, weaker recruiting chapters will invite more women back than strong recruiters. The goal is to have enough women return so that they have a chance to make quota at the end based on historical data. Stronger recruiters will have bigger cuts to make as to not "lead on" PNMs in thinking they have a shot at a bid at a house.

You also have to remember that some women are going to drop out completely anyway the second they don't have the one or two houses left that they want because they refuse to even consider another option. If I had to guess, 90% of PNMs get placed here, and the ones that don't aren't all dropped - they drop out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
Would this also be hard for the weaker recruiting chapters? If you invited most of the PNMs back for the round of 9, do you invite most of them to pref, too? Seems like it would be very difficult to assess who is interested.
Old 01-05-2024, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Here are last year's recruitment statistics, if you're interested. (Note: These stats are or formal recruitment only. Several chapters participated in informal recruitment, but those numbers are not included here.)

Last edited by Sister Havana; 01-05-2024 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2024, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
Here are last year's recruitment statistics, if you're interested.
Does Alpha Sigma Alpha participate in formal recruitment? I remember they used to. Did they become a chapter that only does informal/COB?

Since 1888

Old 01-07-2024, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Have I missed it, or do we know how many young women began the current 2024 IU recruitment process?
Old 01-07-2024, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
Have I missed it, or do we know how many young women began the current 2024 IU recruitment process?
I notice that IU posts recruitment stats after recruitment wraps up, so we'll probably get numbers in the future.

Since 1888