GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,329
2 members and 2,327 guests
John

Old 04-06-2006, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

nobody institutes fines?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-06-2006, 02:03 PM

Nationals requires a 2.5.

We have study tables also. The # of hours per week are assigned according to your GPA. There are 4 study table leaders and they coordinate study tables at different times days/times during the week to fit everyone's schedules. They are held either in the chapter room or in the library.

If you fail to earn a 2.5:

1st time: You get 5 extra study table hours and you now are required to attend proctored study table hours held by the Ed. Dir. These are only twice a week and are for everyone who is on phase one for academics.

2nd time: Proctored hours + midterm progress reports from your professors. You are also limited to ONE social event for the semester.

3rd time: Everything above + NO socials+presenting an academic program for the chapter. You are also not permitted to take a little sister on this step.

4th time: Everything above +surrendering of badge+loss of voting privileges.

After your 4th semester of not making the GPA, your membership can be revoked.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-06-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC

2nd time: Proctored hours + monthly progress reports from your professors.

Wow, I'm surprised the profs agree to this. Many of them seem to only calculate grades just before the university requires them (i.e. midterm and finals). To expect a prof to just hand over an accurate progress report seems demanding, disprespectful of his/her time, and extremely juvenile... like high school.

Is this a national policy of Sigma, or is this just something your chapter does?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SydneyK
Wow, I'm surprised the profs agree to this. Many of them seem to only calculate grades just before the university requires them (i.e. midterm and finals). To expect a prof to just hand over an accurate progress report seems demanding, disprespectful of his/her time, and extremely juvenile... like high school.

Is this a national policy of Sigma, or is this just something your chapter does?
They actually AREN'T monthly. I'm mistaken. They're more like a midterm grade check since my school doesn't give midterm grade reports for anyone but freshmen.

And suprisingly, like 90% of profs don't mind filling them out. They have to fill them out for other people like student athletes all the time.

It's an option that HQ gives us to use as part of our scholarship programming, but it's not requirement for all chapters.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

We had study hours.

If you had a 3.0 you had to do 2 study hours, and then it went up drastically from there. Also if you had a 2.5 or under you had social probation. We had two girls who's GPA was 0.5 and I think they had to do 18 study hours a week.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Quote:
Originally posted by amanda6035
our national GPA is a 2.5. Our chapter goal is a 2.75.

If your cummulative goes below a 2.5, you go on academic probation. You have ONE SEMESTER to bring it back to a 2.5 otherwise your membership is suspended. You CAN appeal once your grade is back where it needs to be though.
Yeah that is true but one thing that you forgot is if your cum drops below a 2.5 you will be on academic probation for a semester. If the following semester you do not get a 2.5 cum but your semester gpa is a 2.5 you can stay a member but still be on academic probation. So some one has 2 semesters to bring up there cum gpa. After that second semester if you do not have a 2.5 cum they will be suspended.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again