GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,133
2 members and 1,131 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17

Old 01-02-2006, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Rush at the University of Kansas

Hi everyone . I will be rushing at KU this fall, and I am very excited! Kappa Kappa Gamma is my top choice, and I was wondering if anyone could explain what rush is really like, and how bids work and everything. I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!
Old 01-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Unregistered-

Hi Kappas, pardon the forum crash.

FutureGreek, welcome to GC.

Please take some time to read the "stickied" discussions in the Rush forum. They've been set as "Important" because they give great answers to PNMs who have questions about recruitment.

You're going to hear this over and over again until it starts sounding like a broken record, but it is very very very VERY important to keep an open mind when you go through recruitment. KKG is a great organization, but there are many other great sororities at KU that you might be missing out on if you don't keep an open mind.

Again, please take some time to read the stickied threads. If you have some time, doing a search for other questions and topics you might be wondering about might bring up old threads that may help as you prepare for your recruitment this fall.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Thanks for the Advice

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to keep an open mind
Old 06-24-2006, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

As a KU alum, and former Rho Chi, I can tell you that recruitment at KU is very competitive, especially for a Midwestern school. The chances of you getting one specific house you want is always very slim, because only 40 out of about 800 PNMs (or about 1 out of every 18 PNMs) will get into that house -- and unless you are a triple or double legacy to that specific chapter, there are no guarantees.

My best advice is to make sure you get a recommendation for EVERY house. Make sure to dress nicely & trendy but don't push the envelope too much. Learn how to do your makeup so it looks good through an 8-hour day of 90 degree temps. Polish your conversation skills so you're prepared to talk to people with a variety of personalities. When you're going through recruitment, don't talk bad about any house -- that stuff gets back to people, and it can hurt you in ways you can't even imagine.

All the chapters at KU are strong, and you will have a good time and similar experiences no matter what your letters are.