GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,003
1 members and 1,002 guests
No Members online

Old 12-14-2006, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

AKPsi Legacy Policy

I am going to rush AKPsi next semester and wanted to know if having an older brother that pledged AKPsi at a different college 9 years ago would help at all. I do not know if he became a lifetime member or not either. Thanks.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-14-2006, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durron View Post
I am going to rush AKPsi next semester and wanted to know if having an older brother that pledged AKPsi at a different college 9 years ago would help at all. I do not know if he became a lifetime member or not either. Thanks.
I don't know Alpha Kappa Psi's specific legacy policy, but "in general", being a legacy does not guarantee a bid. However, it usually doesn't hurt either. It usually depends on the specific chapter, sometimes the campus culture, and what - if any - is the fraternity's policy.

As a professional business fraternity, I'm guessing that Alpha Kappa Psi allows duel membership in other Greek Lettered Organizations. Being a legacy may not matter as much if this is the case. On the other hand, if duel membership is not allowed, then being a legacy might help. Again, it may depend on the fraternity's and or the chapter's policy on legacies. Or lack of one as the case may be.

Perhaps you could talk with your brother and find out more about Alpha Kappa Psi's legacy policy.

Best of luck.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
I don't know Alpha Kappa Psi's specific legacy policy, but "in general", being a legacy does not guarantee a bid. However, it usually doesn't hurt either. It usually depends on the specific chapter, sometimes the campus culture, and what - if any - is the fraternity's policy.

As a professional business fraternity, I'm guessing that Alpha Kappa Psi allows duel membership in other Greek Lettered Organizations. Being a legacy may not matter as much if this is the case. On the other hand, if duel membership is not allowed, then being a legacy might help. Again, it may depend on the fraternity's and or the chapter's policy on legacies. Or lack of one as the case may be.

Perhaps you could talk with your brother and find out more about Alpha Kappa Psi's legacy policy.

Best of luck.
Yes, dual membership is allowed (or was when I was a student). I think that the majority of my brothers were also in social GLO's. Granted I am not involved much but I've never seen anything that discussed a legacy policy.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:54 PM

Iv'e never seen a legacy policy either, but beign a member in other GLO's was not an issue when I was an active 6 years ago and it was actually encouraged.