GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,341
0 members and 1,341 guests
No Members online

Old 06-20-2004, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Queencece
GC Moms and Moms to Be Only...

Just more out of curiousity...

What were some of your pregnancy signs? What was it that made you notice that something was "different".

Q
Old 06-20-2004, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Besides the obvious of no period--you can have some spotting around your normal time of the month.

Weird cramping feelings

Tender or sore breasts

Smells are intensified

Little things that are different with you--weird taste in your mouth, areolas darkens.

And (i can't believe i am typing this)--- apparently you taste different too. If you are in a long term relationship--ask him. If know several women who have 2 or more kids and their husbands claim to have known she was pg before she did.

-wendi
Old 06-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Banned

I am so fricking grossed out right now.

-Rudey
Old 06-20-2004, 01:29 PM

The, um, boobies definitely feel sore. That is often the first indicator. Also, extreme fatigue and definitely being sensitive to smell.

If you (or whomever you are asking for) are *not very* late but would still like to know, a doctor can do a blood test that is 100% accurate and yields results much earlier than a urine test.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BirthaBlue4
Co-sign with everyone. Definately tender breasts, that's usually the first universally (if you get symptoms that is). Then comes the NAUSEA. It'll be slight at first, then it'll come on full force. Oh, and a bad taste in the mouth, I didn't know this at the time,but its a part of morning sickness. If you can't afford a blood or even a store pregnancy test, try to find a pregnancy center in your area, they (usually) do the tests for free. You may have to sit through some discussion of birth and what not, but at least youdon't have to pay $15 for an EPT or something .
Old 06-20-2004, 11:48 PM
cutiepatootie

heighten sense of smell
tenderness in the breast
nausea
late
Old 06-21-2004, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

If you are irregular like me, you'll just notice signs and not be late.

I thought I had the flu. My whole body was so fatigued, I ached. And, I was SO sick at my stomach. It was worse than any food poisoning. (But, I also had a very severe form of morning sickness called Hyperemesis Gravidarum.) And, EVERYTHING had a smell. My breasts were so tender that my husband could not even think about hugging me because the pain was so intense. They swelled from a D to a DD in two weeks.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe it would be just me for this, but I was going to the potty every 15 secs!! I would be like "pull over - I need a tinkle stop" and hubby would say "we left the house not even 5 minutes ago" -- I had NO idea that I was prego, but when I called the nurse and told her some of my symptoms (including the soreness, the heightened sense of smell, etc.) the big "YEP" was when I told her about the potty stops!

Hahaha, Tippie - I too thought I had the flu. I was drinking like a bottle of NyQuil at a time. After we found out, I started sobbing "oh no - I've been giving my baby alcohol" -- the nurse thought it was hilarious and was kind enough to explain that no, my baby would not have three heads because of that

Queencece -- my thoughts and prayers are with you -- hoping that you get your wish, whichever wish it may be
Old 06-21-2004, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum
I can't believe it would be just me for this, but I was going to the potty every 15 secs!! I would be like "pull over - I need a tinkle stop" and hubby would say "we left the house not even 5 minutes ago"
Co-sign...

And yes, I felt like I had the flu...I kept NOTHING down for a week straight, I acutally lost about 20-25 lbs my first trimester (don't worry, it's all back, plus now )

And this sounds weird, but I'm sure some of the other mommies(to-be) can attest to this...you just know...I'd had times before when I thought I might be pregnant, but this was the only time when I acutally felt compelled to go buy the test...something inside me said to...
Old 06-21-2004, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Another question for our GC Mommies...when did you start to lactate?

I have a feeling that I'm a few more weeks then they think I am...