GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,760
0 members and 1,760 guests
No Members online

Old 08-23-2002, 05:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Last edited by Curiousgirl; 10-18-2002 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Just think-
You're not as cute as you were 5 years ago, but you're cuter than you will be five years from now!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

oooo words of encouragement there!
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-23-2002, 07:58 AM

I believe that when you're in school, if one guy says a girl is pretty, all of a sudden the other guys will agree, it's like a chain effect. they all want to chase after one girl only because it becomes a competition thing. And plus, school ground is so much more compacted people see you everyday, they grow to like your face, or they know your personality etc. even if you weren't that attractive in the first place, people can see your inner beauty.

now that you are older, like when you go to clubs, they are all strangers to you. they know nothing about you and there are so much more girls around in the real world than just in high school. U're probably not ugly, it's just that the world and choices have expanded for you and everyone else.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I've actually gotten much better looking as I've gotten older
Old 08-23-2002, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I would say that my looks are on the decline. I don't have as much time as I used to and now I roll out of bed and go to work.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

ktsnake-oooo words of encouragement there!

LOL! Yes, I read a facsimile of tht this a.m. It struck me so funny and alas so true...

Juniorgrrl-I cleared my box-SORRY!

Have you ever noticed that often, girls that are late bloomers end up the most beautiful, striking women?

Many of the girls who were considered "darling" in HS seem to lose it, others, just blossom.

Moochagoo-I agree with you.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:57 AM
Unregistered-

Granted, I was 20 pounds lighter in high school and my body structure was more ideal than it is now...but I'm happy because I'm finally "developed".

I know how you feel though. I went through the same thing--the guys don't line up like they used to, so if a guy calls me beautiful, it's a compliment that's hard to take. I usually call him a crackhead for saying such a thing...either that or he has his beer goggles on.

I think it's just a phase that you'll eventually grow out of. I was dreading my 23rd birthday this year, but I got over it after a while. Enjoy life now and don't worry about how it was before. You see life differently now and it's much more "real" than it used to be--and that's a great thing, because you finally can appreciate things for what they're worth.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Nope, I'm getting cuter each day.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 08-23-2002, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I'd have to agree with Moochagoo - the atmosphere at a campus bar or party is much different than that of a random club in the city. There's a lot less flirting going on, and people pretty much just talk to the people they came with. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you.

I have to say, I'm happier with myself at 26 than I was at 18. Granted, there are about 10 pounds which have attached themselves to my thighs and rear, but other than that, I look a lot better now. I think part of it is that I'm now better educated on what clothes really look good on me, and what styles, cuts, and colors I should skip. I wasn't nearly so discriminating when I was "younger".

And for the record, I take compliments whenever I can get them. The other day as I was crossing the street, a car slowed down and the guy (older) in it said "lookin' niiiiiice" out the window. I just gave him a little smile and went about my business.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Exactly, RedRose! I know what looks good on me (some of those h.s. pictures are embarrassing!), and I think I have more confidence than I did then.

I think there's something to the fact that guys are getting more confident, too, and they've figured out what kind of girls they really want. They don't feel the need to say, "Everyone else likes her, so I should, too."

I bet the number of men who *really* like you (not just think they are supposed to) is the same - and after all, those are the ones who really want anyway!
Old 08-23-2002, 01:00 PM

I think that I am much happier with myself now than I was when I was younger. But, maybe that's just because the older I've gotten the more self-assured I've become. If you're confident with yourself, it'll show. You'll feel more beautiful and therefore look more beautiful.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

hmm.....I definitely think that I'm hotter now. When I was in HS, I was Eating Disorder Girl, which was unattractive on so many levels.

Then I got all of that lovely freshman weight packed onto my hips and thighs and cheeks.

Now, I eat healthier, work a lot , and exercise, so I'm in pretty good shape!

My attitude and confidence is much better than it used to be before...and I swear inner beauty does make the outside look better.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I look much better than I did when I was younger!

Apparently I look young for my age (although I'm not *that* old) and people usually guess that I'm 6 or 7 years younger than I am. However, like others have said, with age comes a few things -- confidence, better fashion sense, better hair, and for me at least, better shape because I never used to work out and now I do all the time. I get much, much, MUCH more attention from guys than I did when I was in college.

And curiousgirl -- you're probably a hottie, and guys might be intimidated by you at clubs. Stuff like that happens all the time. You should make the first move if you see someone interesting!!

Last edited by valkyrie; 08-23-2002 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

To answer your question, no. I am MUCH more attractive now, I feel, than I was 10 years ago. Some of you may know I had breast reduction surgery at 20...well, know you ALL know but anyway when I was in high school I was so embarrassed by the size of my chest that I didn't bother doing much else with the rest of my body. I had boyfriends and all (who didn't date me for the size of my chest, they were long-term), but I was embarrassed by my appearance. Since the surgery, I've changed my whole outlook. I can now exercise and stand up straight and wear fashionable clothes, and I've gotten more into taking good care of myself. Guys hit on me much more now, because I'm much more self-confident.