GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,924
0 members and 1,924 guests
No Members online

Old 01-01-2016, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Love Boots. Their #7 tinted moisturizer is great for when you just want a light coverage. I use it everyday. I love all the #7 Boots products. (Ulta and Target)
If you need a lot of coverage for special issues I recommend IT cosmetics (Ulta carries this product) it is pricey to my taste.
In my younger days I was all over expensive products that I could name but Boots is a great price and I think works as well as the more expensive products.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I love Sephora lipsticks. Color lasts and they don't dry my lips out. I have had hundreds of mascara samples from Sephora, but I seem coming back to the bright pink fat Scandal Eyes mascara tube by Rimmel.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

SKIN:
  1. Miscellar water makeup remover (night only - currently using Byphasse)
  2. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (night only - after miscellar)
  3. Cetaphil Lotion (morning and night, face and body)
  4. Paula's Choice Clinical 1% Retinol (only some nights, usually cut with Cetaphil lotion)
  5. (LOVE!!) La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+ SPF Ultra-Light Fluid (European kind with chemical sunscreen, not the U.S. version)
  6. Clarisonic (only a couple of times a week)
  7. Looking to add an anti-oxidant serum in the morning, something like Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. Paula's Choice serums made me break out.
  8. I hear really good things about Cerave Baby lotion, so I may try that soon.

MAKEUP:
  • (LOVE) Bare Minerals foundation and Bisque Concealer (in love with that concealer!)
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics (also used to fill in eyebrows with angled brush)
  • (LOVE) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
  • (LOVE) elf Contouring Blush and Bronzing powder (I bought this last year on a whim, and I surprisingly really really like it)
  • Maybelline Great Lash BIG (the one with the big, bushy brush)
  • Looking to try the NYX wonder pencils for concealing/contouring
  • Looking to try a good all-in-one brow solution like Anastasia's Brow Wiz
I've used mineral makeup since college, and love it. I had a long streak where I used Everyday Minerals, but just recently went back to Bare Minerals - it's much more expensive, but the colors look better on me, and the concealer is so much better than other mineral concealers.

I used a primer for a little while, but nothing I've used seems to make much of a difference (especially the Bare Minerals primer).

I bought the Smashbox contouring palette and brush set from Sephora last year, and I'm so underwhelmed - the light shade didn't show up on me, yet I quickly looked like a drag queen with the medium shade. I quickly stopped using it.

NAILS:
  • (LOVE) SensatioNAIL Gel Starter Kit (with the LED light) - really like the base/top coat system they have, too.
  • Usually wear OPI "Black Cherry Chutney", Sally Hansen "Pat on the Black", OPI "Funny Bunny", Sally Hansen "White Away". Also good: Essie "Major Moments" and "Puffer Up".

HAIR:
I struggle with hair things. BUT - my best find is the John Frieda Hot Air Brush. I CANNOT get my bangs to shape the way I want without it.

Last edited by LAblondeGPhi; 01-02-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Speaking of mascaras which makes me think of eyelashes, I've been using Careprost which is a generic version of Latisse and a LOT cheaper. It works just as good and my lashes have gotten very long. Now I just maintain with a couple of applications a week. I got my bottle at the place I'm having laser hair removal for $30. IIRC Latisse is $80 a bottle. Don't waste your $ on Latisse.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

...unless you buy it in Mexico. Then it's $40/bottle.

I use my Clarisonic every day and love it! My daily routine goes something like this:

1. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
2. Urban Decay B6 Prep Spray
3. Lancτme Multivital Daily Moisturizer during the day; at night I use the night formula
Old 01-03-2016, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
Speaking of mascaras which makes me think of eyelashes, I've been using Careprost which is a generic version of Latisse and a LOT cheaper. It works just as good and my lashes have gotten very long. Now I just maintain with a couple of applications a week. I got my bottle at the place I'm having laser hair removal for $30. IIRC Latisse is $80 a bottle. Don't waste your $ on Latisse.
So, what's the deal with the warnings that Latisse will cause a darkening around the eye? Have any of you all heard that?
Old 01-03-2016, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I've heard of it, but never happened with me with Latisse or Careprost. I have blue/green eyes and mine haven't changed color.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAblondeGPhi View Post
So, what's the deal with the warnings that Latisse will cause a darkening around the eye? Have any of you all heard that?
I have heard that--and that's the primary reason I haven't tried Latisse. Of all the people I've spoken to about it, no one has experienced that specific side effect. The most common is itching around the eyelids. Ouch!

Our wedding is in October and I'm debating eyelash extensions or Latisse. I'll do a trial run with whichever I pick to ensure there are no weird reactions, though.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
I have heard that--and that's the primary reason I haven't tried Latisse. Of all the people I've spoken to about it, no one has experienced that specific side effect. The most common is itching around the eyelids. Ouch!

Our wedding is in October and I'm debating eyelash extensions or Latisse. I'll do a trial run with whichever I pick to ensure there are no weird reactions, though.
I've been using Latisse since last May and it is everything! My eyelashes are dark but now they are longer and thicker. I apply about 3x a week, use a MAC angle brush and wet it with a drop of Latisse put in the cap. When curled and mascaraed they look like false lashes. Good to know about the generic version for when I run out of Latisse. I haven't noticed any darkening of my eyes.

Last edited by AOIILisa; 01-04-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I have used Latisse for years with great results and no side effects. Recently I have tried RapidlLash. It is sold over the counter without a prescription and doesn't have any of the skin/eye darkening problems sometimes reported with Latisse. It also sells for a fraction of the price and has a much better container and brush. My doctor told me that the Latisse container and brush system are designed in such a way so that you will discard approximately 75% of their expensive product. I have been switching off, using with Latisse one day and RapidLash the next. As far as I can tell the Rapid Lash works just as well as the Latisse.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Can you get Latisse or Careprost over the counter? Or are they still prescription only?
Old 01-04-2016, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I work for a large health system that has a Facial Plastics department, that's where I got my Latisse - without a prescription. I think there are groupons too for Latisse in various areas. Definitely going to look into the other growth serums when my Latisse runs out since they are way cheaper.

On another note, has anyone tried the IT Cosmetics CC foundation? I've been using for a few months now and I really like it. You really don't need too much at all, I put it on with a foundation brush and it looks great. I was a Bare Minerals fan for years but I've been using the IT since the weather turned less humid.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Careprost can be bought without a prescription. When I do use mascara and curl my lashes, they look like I'm wearing extensions. My little bottle has lasted me three months so far. May have to try RapidLash. Sounds cool.

Lisa, I've used IT Cosmetics' Bye Bye Redness under my foundation and love it. You just have to use it sparingly. I heard about it through a makeup vlogger. It's lightweight.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
On another note, has anyone tried the IT Cosmetics CC foundation? I've been using for a few months now and I really like it. You really don't need too much at all, I put it on with a foundation brush and it looks great. I was a Bare Minerals fan for years but I've been using the IT since the weather turned less humid.
I have yet to try IT Cosmetics anything, but I have heard NOTHING but good things. I'll have to try something soon!

This is the thread made for me!!

Here's my faves:
- Shadows: Urban Decay hands down. I have Naked, Naked 1 Basics and Naked 2 Basics and a few singles and love them all! Some fall out issues on a few shades, but overall, they are just so pigmented and blend well for me. I've also been pleasantly surprised with Too Faced shadows. I bought a palette and hardly reach for it just because I've overwhelmed myself with eyeshadow but every time I do I am SO happy with the results. I've also been generally happy with Mac.
- Eyeliner: Mac fluidline and elf's gel eyeliner. I like the Mac one just a bit more but elf's works REALLY REALLY well for $3. I'm starting to get back into liquids and need to find my perfect liquid. I hear good things about Stila's and Kat Von D's.
- Mascara: Okay, I have a few categories here. Too Faced's Better Than Sex is my all time favorite. I have long, thick lashes so these just make mine over the top bold--and I LOVE it. I know it's hit or miss for people though. For length/definition, I like CoverGirl's Clump Crusher and Benefit's Rollerlash. For "natural", I like Smashbox Full Exposure and Benefit badgal.
- Brows: I have pretty good brows that just needs a little fill ins here and there so Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz works great for me.
- Blush: I have one from theBalm that I love! I can't remember the name. Tarte has some nice blushes too. I need to explore this category more.
- Foundation: Best formula I have worn hands down has been Estee Lauder's Double Wear. Unfortunately I bought it during the Sephora sale (online) and guessed my shade. I was close but no cigar. Went into to exchange it only to realize that they don't carry that brand in store!!! Since I was completely out of foundation and couldn't get to a local department store with an Estee Lauder counter, I had to try a new brand. But, I'll be going to a counter to get matched soon! In the meantime I've been using Too Faced Born this way and it's become my 2nd favorite of all time. I've heard it be VERY hit or miss for people, but works great on my skin!
- Highlighers: Becca. Hands down.
- Bronzers: I don't do a glowy bronzer too much so I'm still on the hunt for a perfect bronzer. I do contour though and I'm like the Lorac Contour Palette for that. The lightest shade is almost perfect for me, so I will be on the hunt for slightly cooler, single shade contour shade when I run out of this one.