GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,538
1 members and 1,537 guests
navane

Old 02-06-2006, 07:12 AM

Sephora waterproof mascara is wonderful!

Anyone else use Bare Minerals makeup or Philosophy skincare? I just got the monster 32 oz. Purity through QVC for for around $36! I've just started to use Hope in a Jar and Eye Believe and really like both.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Banned

I too have been looking for a new mascara. My old favorite was discontinued and I really don't like what was brought in to replace it! WHY do companies go and do that - they have a great thing (and there are LOTS of people out there that think so) and then go and change it.

I'm also looking for a good foundation. I have tried MANY and most don't seem to stay - even those that are supposed to (i.e., Mary Kay's Medium Coverage). They either disappear or rub off. ARGH!!! I was told yesterday by the Clinique person that was doing the return (after she looked down her nose at me asking why I didn't not take it back to the counter in the town it was purchased) that it didn't stay because I wasn't using their skincare, that you should be using the foundation from the line of skincare you are using. I definitely did not go into the 'I've done that and it still doesn't make a foundation stay' discussion (or that I DO use a moisturizer and plenty of it, etc). Anywho!

Some of my must-haves:

Mary Kay lip gloss in Beach Bronze and Cocoa Creme
Lancome Resolution eye (definitely takes care of the circles, puffies, and lines!)
Lancome and Mary Kay brushes
Lancome Vinefit lip (though discontinued)
Aveda Phlomolient (sp?) - a wonderful light-weight styling foam
Mary Kay Microdermabrasion
American Beauty lipstick in Napa Berry

That's about it for my must-haves! I have been both a Lancome Counter Manager and a Mary Kay Consultant which will explain the trend - oh, and I live in a small town so I am basically limited to Lancome, Estee Lauder (iritates my skin), clinique (causes me to break-out), Elizabeth Arden, Kohl's lines, and various home party companies (Mary Kay, Avon, BeautiControl, etc)

Sarah
Old 03-24-2006, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok...So I just HAD to bump this thread! I have pretty oily skin that breaks out, plus I have red cheeks, so finding makeup that doesnt A) make my face look like someone struck oil, and B) actually covers up my skin without it looking dry and flakey is pretty hard to find! I've been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin powder for about a month now, and I must say, I absolutely LOVE this powder! It was like 10$, but honestly, I'd still buy it if it were 20 or 30 just because it really covers! Normally when I put my makeup on within a few hours it's already looking oily and yucky-but tonight, I put my makeup on around 4, and 7 hours later my skin is STILL looking pretty great! Not really oily, the red is showing through a little bit, but it's sooooo much better than how it was!

So a few questions for yall Any recs. for a good foundation that will cover my redness but won't make me look like an oil slick?:P Also, has anyone tried the new Almay Skincare line? I really wanna try it, but it's a little expensive for a d/s brand, so I wanna know that it actually COULD work for me before I shell out the $$$$ for it, lol.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I have just discovered Arbonne skin care products. The woman I bought them from said I should sell for them because I've been pushing the product on all of my friends. LOL. No thanks, I'll keep my day job-- but the stuff is great!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
I just discovered MAC's StudioFix liquid foundation and I love it!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Rimmel's new Recovery foundation is really nice. I bought it because it was supposed to take the look of fatigue out of your skin, and by george, it does. Rimmel's Stay Matte power is also really nice, and give it gives great coverage. Rimmel is kinda weird though, because your shade you buy looks wrong until you put it on.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:49 PM

A few months into my Bare Minerals experiment and I'm hooked. It doesn't feel like foundation and it covers my redness pretty darned well. I think I'm a convert.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIalum
A few months into my Bare Minerals experiment and I'm hooked. It doesn't feel like foundation and it covers my redness pretty darned well. I think I'm a convert.
Oh my gosh I LOVE Bare Minerals! On my way back from Spring Break vacation, I went to the Bare Escentuals store in the airport in Atlanta. I'd never tried Bare Minerals before, but I got the starter kit (only $75 for a ton of stuff!) and some other stuff. I'm seriously addicted to the stuff.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

So fun!! I love:

St. Ives Apricot scrub, and also their new Apricot Cream Cleanser

Smashbox Foundation Primer in Clear and Bronze

anything by Benefit

Nars Orgasm Blush

Benefit Bad Gal Mascara

L'oreal Voluminous Mascara

Palmers Cocoa Butter chapstick ( so cheap, yummy, and it works!)

Olay Quench Body Lotion

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Lotion in Vanilla/Jasmine

Stila Convertible Eye Liner/Shadow

Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride

Tarte lip glosses and eye shadows are great too!!

Face Spa Pore Shrinking Mask with Astringent-this really works!! It does everything it says it will, and after I used it the first time, I ran right back to Eckerd's and bought everyone they had left. I LOVE it!!

So, I do need a new foundation though-I have not been loving the last 2 ones I tried-I need oil control in a big, bad way! Any suggestions?

Last edited by JennRN; 03-24-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 PM

St. Ives body lotion
MAC StudioFX powder
MAC Lipglass (in any color)
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
Dior Addict lipstick
Aveeno facial moisturizer
ProActiv solution
Victoria's Secret body wash and spray (Love Spell)

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to add my new fave!!!!

Chanel Precision Gommage Microperle Eclat - or more humanly known as Gel Exfoliant - Makes my skin look radiant and fresh and smells like roses!!!!

mark. Glow Baby Glow lip gloss - Its very easy to apply over and over again, which comes in handy when I get ocd about my lip gloss.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIalum
Sephora waterproof mascara is wonderful!

Anyone else use Bare Minerals makeup or Philosophy skincare? I just got the monster 32 oz. Purity through QVC for for around $36! I've just started to use Hope in a Jar and Eye Believe and really like both.
I love Philosophy stuff - i buy so much of it through sephora.com! The Purity face wash is so gentle, yet it really does clean your face really well. Since using the Hope in a Jar moisturizer, my face glows. I just got the Microdelivery Peel from them too, and it is awesome. It just wipes all of the dead skin cells and build up right off your face. Color me impressed with the Philosophy line!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UKDaisy
I'm going to add my new fave!!!!

Chanel Precision Gommage Microperle Eclat - or more humanly known as Gel Exfoliant - Makes my skin look radiant and fresh and smells like roses!!!!

mark. Glow Baby Glow lip gloss - Its very easy to apply over and over again, which comes in handy when I get ocd about my lip gloss.
YES! I am not the only one that suffers from lip gloss ocd!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
YES! I am not the only one that suffers from lip gloss ocd!
hehe...i suffer from "chapstick ocd"-i LOVE lip glosses and whatnot, but i have pretty full lips (bigger than i'd like honestly!) and i think making them all shiny just makes me look like a clown or like i went out of control with my makeup ya know?:P hehe
Old 03-25-2006, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ilddd3
I love makeup!!

I use

-Clinique wash away gel cleanser, superdefense lotion and all about eyes for my skin care.
-Sometime need Clinique Anti-acne spot treatment.
-Clinique rinse off eye makeup remover
-Physician's formula concelor dou
-Physician formula multi-colored pressed powder
-Arbonne thermal enzyme mask
-Arbonne mascara
-Either clinique blush or maybelline. Both have the blend of colors that I like.
-I use mostly clinique eye shadow, if I put it on and clinique eye liner.
-Kiehl's intensive tx body cream.
-Chapstick all natural lip balm.

I love, love, love Armani Mania perfume. I also have Prada Amber (I think) I also have something call Rockin Rio by Escada that I like. My aunt use to work at Neiman Marcus and I have lots of her samples.

I went to the Bare Minerals website and really didn't get an explaination. Can someone tell me more?

Robin