GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,896
0 members and 1,896 guests
No Members online

Old 02-18-2009, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelandelf View Post
I so agree with the post above. I'll be blunt as well. If you went to school (Grad Girl 08) at A&M Commerce, then one of the sororities you're shopping is mine. My very humble opinion, FWIW, is that you didn't make time to pursue greek life while you were on campus. Many of my sisters were busy...beyond busy with studies in everything from performing arts majors to science majors and they still made time to be a part of our organization. I think you saying you had theatre hours 40 hrs/week and couldn't participate is a copout.
Theatre is very time-consuming - I know. I was a theatre major when I pledged. It can be done.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I was pre-med my first two years of college AND I worked off campus, and I still made time to be an officer in my sorority.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone else wonder if maybe NPHC grad chapters have made people think that there as similar opportunities in NPCs?

I don't think there's a single NPC that has alumnae initiation that is supposed to be sought out by the individual woman.

It's not really designed to be a thing that you research and put your name up for at a group you aren't already working with. If you are doing this, you are doing it wrong.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
Anyone else wonder if maybe NPHC grad chapters have made people think that there as similar opportunities in NPCs?

I don't think there's a single NPC that has alumnae initiation that is supposed to be sought out by the individual woman.

It's not really designed to be a thing that you research and put your name up for at a group you aren't already working with. If you are doing this, you are doing it wrong.

I agree with your point about how it really isn't supposed to be sought out, but I don't think people doing so has anything to with NPHC practices.

Alot of it has to do with a bit of a "marketplace" that GC has created by having an entire forum dedicated to it. Nowhere else is there a forum about this. Why? Because a forum leads people to believe it occurs regularly.

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I agree with your point about how it really isn't supposed to be sought out, but I don't think people doing so has anything to with NPHC practices.

Alot of it has to do with a bit of a "marketplace" that GC has created by having an entire forum dedicated to it. Nowhere else is there a forum about this. Why? Because a forum leads people to believe it occurs regularly.
One of my first big GreekChat threads/flaming exchange of hostility was about the Alumnae Initiation forum. I was in favor of keeping it because I didn't see any harm in giving people a place to ask questions that group members could choose to answer or not answer.

Maybe, since I don't see a big hot issue in the forum right now that would be taken personally by anyone, it's time to close it if you think it's giving people the wrong idea. Who has access to the stats to see if it's even being used regularly? Anything else about AI by regular users could probably go in another forum.

I doubt it's GreekChat alone that's driving the trend but I have no idea. What do they have about it over at Happy Rainbow Pony Land?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

Now that "He Who Shall Not Be Named" and BAtshit have forever been shown the door for GC, maybe we actually CAN put this part of the recruitment forum to rest. Mods?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

o_O
Old 02-20-2009, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Mods, please delete above.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry BA. I was referring to your post as the one to delete.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm pretty sure it's a violation of the GC TOS to keep coming back when you've been repeatedly banned. Not much happening on HPRL? It must really suck to be you.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I had a feeling this thread would be a big, shining bat signal....
Old 02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwright25 View Post
I had a feeling this thread would be a big, shining bat signal....
lollers...

Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
I just can't wrap my mind around that psychosis that causes people to repeatedly register on GC with different usernames after they've been banned.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
Considering most of the AI hopefuls on here have been from PWIs, I doubt that many of them even know what an NPHC grad chapter is.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Considering most of the AI hopefuls on here have been from PWIs, I doubt that many of them even know what an NPHC grad chapter is.
Yeah, maybe it's wishful thinking to assume they'd have been inspired by something positive rather than just unfulfilled undergraduate longing.

Last edited by UGAalum94; 02-20-2009 at 09:08 PM.