GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,143
1 members and 1,142 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 12-15-2016, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Any experiences with transferring?

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has transferred colleges their soph/junior year and re-joined or affiliated with their sorority from their past school and what it was like? Like were the girls accepting etc..
Old 12-15-2016, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I transferred junior year and made arrangements to move into the new chapter's house when I transferred. It was pretty seamless and I had a wonderful experience. I participated in recruitment and meetings right from the start, although I didn't have a vote until the chapter voted on my affiliation early the next semester. They did this in secret, and then had a surprise "affiliation reveal." It's one of my fondest memories. I still have the card, with everyone's notes.

Contact your HQ for information on the process (some sororities or chapters require an affiliation vote). Also, contact your new chapter ahead of time -- introduce yourself, tell them of your plans, be friendly and be ready to jump in and participate. Your IH may be able to provide contact information for the advisor, chapter president, etc. Make sure you leave your initiating chapter in good financial standing.

Don't announce a lot of comparisons to your former chapter...we had a another affiliate who came from a top, top tier chapter and her comparisons got old pretty quickly.