GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,386
2 members and 2,384 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-03-2000, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Post New Sorority Alcohol Policys

HI everyone

I'm a TKE at University of Pittsburgh. The Sororities here at my school and I think Nationaly just inacted new rules for social functions. As far as I understand it, Sororitys are not allowed to have parties with any fraturnity that has not gone Nationaly Dry unless it is at a 3rd Party Vendor. To make it short the have pretty much done away with Mixers. I was just wondering if that was happening at other schools and what people thought.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-03-2000, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
This policy was adopted as part of the NPC unanimous agreements, in conjunction with the NIC. Seeing as the NIC groups are supposed to (all) be dry in the next few years, the NPC groups decided that their groups should support this decision to the fullest.

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.

Old 03-06-2000, 09:50 AM

Question

Hi Mr. Pitt TKE & Barb-

Y’all must be in my head, I was going to post on this. My sorority mag came the other day and we adopted this policy but a little differently than I originally saw it. The way our nationals put it is the chapter cannot participate in functions with fraternities unless the FUNCTIONS are alcohol free.

I think we did it this way because at most of the schools we have chapters at, there are not chapters of the fraternities that have or are planning to go dry in the near future. We would be left high & dry (hardeeharhar).

Barb – do you know which of the NPC sororities haven’t passed this in some form or another yet? It’s going to basically screw all the Canadian chapters since Canada drinking age is 19. So much for that expansion venue.

This will be interesting as it plays out, since DKE isn’t a member of the NIC and have basically said they will go dry when hell freezes over. If they feel they’re being discriminated against by the sororities, I’ll bet there’s a lawsuit faster than you can say “George W.”