GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,209
0 members and 2,209 guests
No Members online

Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's one of the most unique Kappa badges I've seen... white gold and very custom. This went for beaucoup bucks on the-site-that-shall-not-be-named, although it didn't list its age. The color (white gold instead of yellow gold), jewel placement, and gold detail are all very different and unique. If only I had limitless funds....

Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Tygerlily, that Kappa badge is *stunning*!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I love looking at all of the different jeweled badges. But I can't imagine the AOII badge with anything other than Rubies or Pearls (or maybe diamonds). So as much as I love the Opal badges and all the other ones, it just wouldn't look right to me on an AOII badge!

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
WOW at that Kappa badge! BEAUTIFUL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I love looking at all of the different jeweled badges. But I can't imagine the AOII badge with anything other than Rubies or Pearls (or maybe diamonds). So as much as I love the Opal badges and all the other ones, it just wouldn't look right to me on an AOII badge!
I feel the same way about AXiD badges. I like the classic pearl ones that have always been offered, and I like the new ones with diamonds or blue colored jewels, but I do NOT like the pink jewels at all...Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like idea of having a color that is not one of the organization's colors on the badge.

I'm anal, I know.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
I feel the same way about AXiD badges. I like the classic pearl ones that have always been offered, and I like the new ones with diamonds or blue colored jewels, but I do NOT like the pink jewels at all...Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like idea of having a color that is not one of the organization's colors on the badge.

I'm anal, I know.
Hey, in my book that's a good thing! We anal folks have to keep the wild children in check. Or something.

I do agree though that in general I prefer badges with the actual colors. I really like that Kappa's badges are primarily plain, sapphire, pearl, or diamond. Sapphire is our gem and represent the color, and for whatever reason I always see pearls and diamonds as neutral. It keeps it unified and meaningful. And as a perk, when I see a badge with different stones I know it's either really old or custom, which makes it special. So I like that I have options, but not too many options Although if I could, I would choose that white gold one I posted this morning, no questions asked!

ETA: for AXiD, I especially love the new light & dark blue stones you offer since they're beautiful AND representative of your colors. I'm more than just a little jealous, I'd love to have a blue & blue key!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I kind of agree. And if I were to get a new, colored-jewel quill, I would either want double blue stones on a gold badge, or double blue and gold stones. The pure sapphire is pretty, but doesn't fully represent our colors.

I think the idea of the pink is that it's represents the pink rose. Nevertheless, I'm not a fan.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Beautiful Gamma Phi Beta Badge

I found this on ebay today. It is absolutely beautiful!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-10K-Soli...item335758b674

Old 11-16-2009, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetygerlily View Post
While on the topic of sharing some of the more unique or older badges, this is one of the most beautiful Theta badges I've seen- even if only online (darn ebay). It's from 1944 with opals, and the points are more elongated than the standard badge of today.

This is a very similar badge on ebay right now. I recognized it from reading this thread. I am just in awe of these badges. I wish we could have jewels. Sigh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10K-OLD-KAPPA-AL...item19b7c0bb93

Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDlady View Post
This is a very similar badge on ebay right now. I recognized it from reading this thread. I am just in awe of these badges. I wish we could have jewels. Sigh.

What does the Tri Delta badge look like?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
What does the Tri Delta badge look like?
All of our badges are standard. It is a gold crescent moon with three stars and three deltas in black enamel. We do have pearls in each of the stars, but I wish we could have diamonds, sapphires, or emeralds. The only "custom" thing we can do with our badges is order a trident guard with none, one or three pearls. I also think chapter guards are available, but I am not sure. Our founders discussed using emeralds in the badge, but decided against it so badges would be affordable. Sorry I can't post a picture. I am not as computer savvy as I would like to be.

Last edited by DDDlady; 11-16-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: physics has fried my brain
Old 11-16-2009, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I'm anal, I know.
You're not alone, I think so too. I am definitely not a fan of the pink. But oh well, I just won't get one.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartmouthPanhel View Post
I kind of agree. And if I were to get a new, colored-jewel quill, I would either want double blue stones on a gold badge, or double blue and gold stones. The pure sapphire is pretty, but doesn't fully represent our colors.

I think the idea of the pink is that it's represents the pink rose. Nevertheless, I'm not a fan.
Oh yeah, I suppose that's why they have the pink...But yeah, if I were to get one, I'd either get the double blue with yellow gold (all three colors!) or the 20 pearl vintage one.

Quote:

That badge is stunning! I really like the elongated points on those old Theta badges.

lol @ Kappa Alpha Omega
Old 11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Here is a photo of a Tri Delta Badge. The crescent is the standard badge that every member gets. The trident guard is optional as well as the pearls on it. You have the option of no pearls, one pearl, or three.

Last edited by DDDlady; 11-17-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Here is a photo of a Tri Delta Badge. The crescent is the standard badge that every member gets. The trident guard is optional as well as the pearls on it. You have the option of no pearls, one pearl, or three.

I've always thought the tri-delta badge is really beautiful. It's simple and elegant. And of course there's a crescent moon!!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I absolutely LOVE the Tri Delta chapter guard...I think it's so cool!!