GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,487
1 members and 2,486 guests
John

Old 12-13-2006, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
Pointedly, there is a difference within NIC or some other GLOs.

You can Pledge or Associate with. Once You Initiate/Ritual with, You know the rules, principles, and regulations from that Organization.

If one got that far, I wonder why anyone would even ask?
\

Why the hell would you pledge a fraternity if you didn't want to be in it? Go through a semester long pledge program and then decide to join another org? No.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25 View Post
\
Why the hell would you pledge a fraternity if you didn't want to be in it? Go through a semester long pledge program and then decide to join another org? No.
Macallan25, from what ProZach said, he sounds interested in this fraternity. However, he is uncertain if he will be transferring, so he's unsure of whether he should begin pledging and depledge if he decides to transfer.

ProZach, I don't know where you go to school, and I don't know where you're thinking of transferring, so I couldn't make judgements based on the campus culture. I don't think a fraternity would look down on someone who depledged at another school because he decided to transfer. In some (but definitely not all) schools, if you pledge XYZ at State U, depledge, and then rush ABC at the same school, ABC could be skeptical of you. They might wonder if you didn't "make" it, or if you are not willing to commit to a fraternity, etc. Transferring is something that shouldn't stir up controversy about your character. Then again, I am from the North, and maybe transferring is controversial elsewhere.

I think that you should definitely wait until you know where you will be going next year. Obviously you don't want to pledge XYZ, and transfer only to find out that you don't fit in with the XYZs at your new school, or that your new school does not have a chapter of XYZ. Even if you end up staying, you could wait a semester later to begin pledging (again, this depends on the campus; some campuses only take freshmen).
Old 01-30-2008, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Ask if the organization goes along with the 30 day retraction period. Some fraternal organizations make you a brother just as soon as you sign the bid card with no pledging what so ever and give you 30 days to retract that bid. I know of one on my campus that practices this. So if that happens then you would be in the fraternity's HQ system as being a member even if you didn't learn all of the secrets and therefore you can not join anyone else. Maybe some of you guys know what I'm talking about if not I can explain furthur.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
No one did. Your comment is pointless.

/Like that's new

Typical, thank you for being you.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-30-2008, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

How drunk are you that you felt the urge to reply to a comment that is over a year old?

Oh wait your comment is STILL pointless.

Too bad you offended so many people at the site you helped "create." Guess sexism, racism, and other prejudices aren't so popular over there either.