GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,146
0 members and 2,146 guests
No Members online

Old 05-21-2001, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok Ya'll get your boo's and Hisse's ready
cause I AM A YANKEE FAN

Smooches
DGPhoney~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-21-2001, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DGPhoney:
Ok Ya'll get your boo's and Hisse's ready
cause I AM A YANKEE FAN

Smooches
DGPhoney~
Thank goodness I am not the only person in the state of Maryland that doesn't give a hoot about those damn Orioles!

Old 05-21-2001, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Rob--youi're awesome! I love talking baseball with you! You're very hard-core I see . Well, I should be studying for Soc..but what the heck I love baseball so much anyway!

Thanks for the update about how the Cubbies are doing--I had no idea that they had slipped into 3rd! I heard from Media people, Scouts, etc. (though sometimes they aren't very reliable at all!!) that supposedly if you were to pick the best team in the NL right now...it would be the STL Cards. They're supposedly the best out of the mediocre NL this year . Now, I'm still shocked as to how come the Phils/Twins are doing so well...but hey, it goes to show you that money can't buy everything!! Actually, I'm kinda glad then that the PHils and Twins are on top--it will be good for their cities and for their management, and fans. b/c I bet you that they have a low payroll--so it goes to show that not every team has to have a 90,000 payroll to do well! Plus last season I heard how there were rumors that baseball would move out of cities like Minnesota, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, etc. Do you know how well Kansas City is doing?

I know that TB is really bad though...I have no clue though as to which players they have...but I have heard that they are VERY willing to trade their players away! Maybe the Giants will steal some top-notch talent away from TB or another team , our General Manager Brian Sabean is a whiz...always gives us great trades...hopefully he'll deliver this year, too! Last season he got us Tim Worrell (Pitcher) for Billy Mueller...and though we miss Billy terribly...Tim has done a great job for us this year! Though recently he has been worked a LOT...so he has been struggling just a bit...

Yes, we in SF miss Billy and ELlis terribly...especally our dear Billy...you know, though, I feel terrible for Russ Davis (who has replaced Billy), b/c he is constantly booed after making an error or an out when batting. A lot of our fans mention Billy, and Russ davis of course is not too thrilled about that.

I think my Giants only have like a 60 K payroll if I'm correct. I really wish it was higher though!!! YOu know what, Rob? I really can't wait for the July 31 Trading Deadline--I know this sounds really mean, but I REALLY want Russ Davis and Alan Embree TRADED AWAY, AWAY!!! They have really done nothing for our team lately. Of course they have all contributed at some point...but it just doesn't seem to be working, ya know?

I"m so sorry to keep on rambling about my team!! But it's really cool how you're on the East Coast, and how you know a lot about the Giants, even though you're not an SF fan. Most ppl don't know a lot about our team...they only think about LA, ATL, NY, etc.! Also--please feel free to tel me more about Boston and how your Sox are doing...I'm interested to know! I have a crush on Nomar . haha. how is he doing now?

Oh yeah if any of you MLB fans out there are voiting for the All-Star game...please VOTE for Barry Bonds (left field...CANNOT say enough about this man...what a star!! on an unhuman HR tear of late!), Rich Aurilia (shortstop...I think he has the highest batting AVG in all of the NL (some ridiculously high number like .394 or something like that! ), J.T. Snow (1st base...have you seen him play defense? WOW!), and Jeff Kent (2nd base...what a gritty player!)

They are all Giants. If you do vote for them, THANK YOU graetly! I wanna see them at the Game . Oh yeah--who else should be voted for (deserves to go)?

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited May 21, 2001).]
Old 05-21-2001, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Oh, I'm sorry..the link to vote for the All-Star Game (you can vote I think a max of 25 times! eek) is http://vote.mlb.com/

HAPPY VOTING!! GOOOOOOOO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2001, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose:
Thank goodness I am not the only person in the state of Maryland that doesn't give a hoot about those damn Orioles!

haha, you and me both killarneyrose, i am a die hard yankee fan, it's too awesome, can't stand them O's, maybe I should get a new job, then cause I work at the stadium, lol, not on yankee days though, lol
Old 05-21-2001, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Oohh, DGPhoney!! You work at Camden Yards??!! I've always wondered about working at Pac Bell..but I still want that Starbucks job (it takes me bout an hour/40 min. to get to Pac Bell)!!! My friend works there; he likes it, but I don't know if I could get out to a lot of Night Games (I usu. only go to day games ).

What kind of work do you do? BTW--Derek Jeter is one hottie. Sorry, I had to get that in
Old 05-21-2001, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

BOO I hate Arizona. Sorry...but their fans just piss me off. Jeering and jeering at the ejections of my beloved player j.T> snow and the ejection of my manager Dusty Baker .

Those frickin umpires can't even call a rightful HR...J.T. obviously hit it FAIR, and the umps called it FAIR at first but changed their mind saying it was FOUL after seeing that all of AZ was exclaiming that it was foul. That darn umpire Charlie Relaford. *shaking head* Ughh that ump has like something against the Giants or something...i swear. J.T. and Dusty simply ARGUE about the umps' calling of the plays--and good ol' Charlie Relaford can't handle a little dissagreement???!!! So he just decides to take it upon himself to throw them outta the game. What ever happened to checks and balances of power? Our umps need it sometimes! J.T. only threw a bat on the ground...and the umps think of it like he spit on them or something

We always seem to get into some brouhaha with Charlie Relaford, BTW . When he comes to Pac Bell to umpire--I can almost bet y'all that there will be some "excitement" shall I say..

back to the game...I want us to KICK the D'BACKS' butts! I hate them as much as I do Los Angeles and NYM and Atlanta (though no offense to any of you GCers out there!)

But my man BARRY BONDS is the lone "shining star" (haha) in this game so far...hitting YET ANOTHER HR today. If he hits another one--he will be setting 2 new records in the books! He has already set one record this week, I think...just an amazing tear he's on!

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited May 21, 2001).]
Old 05-22-2001, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

hey newbie,
ok, I am in LOOOVEEE with Derek J. Phew he's a hottiefscottie(real hot)lol. Yeah I work at the stadium, it's kinda cool, I work around beer mostly,(perfect job right, lol) but i work in the club boxes as a bartender, but if I want a break then I work at the concession stand, selling none other then BEER, lol
DGPhoney
Old 05-22-2001, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I am a HUGE Mets fan... even though they've had an extremely disappointing season so far I'm hoping they're gonna start picking it up soon! I'm going to see them on my birthday when they come to play the Orioles
Old 05-23-2001, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

DGPhoney--oh goodness, Derek jeter is one hottie!!!!!!!! Too bad that I don't get to watch him more often, , since I'm out here on the WEst Coast, and we barely get highlights about other games other than our local teams! (A's/Giants) He is soooo fine , yet he seems like a total sweetie too. Do you know if he has a gf now??!!

I have the hugest crushes though on Shawn Estes and J.T. Snow of the Giants, though ...*sigh* if I am ever to meet them (well, talked to Shawn Estes, but only briefly!), wow, will I be one happy girl..

SSS1365--I know what you mean. Even though my Giants aren't doing that bad, we are still struglling big-time, especially the last few games, losing the last 5 outta 6...depressing isn't? How are the Mets doing lately? Don't worry...like all teams they have their ups and downs, I'm sure the'll pull out of their slump! I still remember last season in the playoffs where you guys beat us...it was a good series though, just I hated the outcome of it!

Oh well, I'm really glad that my GIants at least have Barry bonds...PLEASE oh please Barry don't get injured , I really want him to hit more than 70 hrs to set a new record! he just set a couple of awesome records in the past few days...he's the ONLY bright spot really on the Giants right now

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited May 23, 2001).]
Old 05-23-2001, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
newbie - love ya dude, but that JT Snow HR was definitely foul - on the replay you can see the ball in front of the foul pole . . . however, snow did impress me by performing a solid bat-toss after being gated - nice touch JT

anyway - sox lost today to the f-ing yankees - shut down by andy pettite. Manny had 2 RBI though - he's up to 55, well on his way to hack wilson's record of 190, and the sox are still a half-game ahead with pedro throwin tomorrow. Overall, they're having a decent year - although manny's knocked in 25% of the team's runs, that's not good - the other guys need to step up. Nomar's cast is off soon i think (before I came home, a bunch of my friends ran into him - apparently he's rehabbing at BU, so any of you ladies mad in love with him, he's doing rehab 3 blocks from the kappa sig house at boston university), after that it's probably 1 to 2 months, hopefully he doesn't rush back and hurt himself again.

Bonds is a stud, yeah - but look at his RBI: he has like 40 right now, and 24 are HIM from HRs! That's the big reason they're not doing better - if all of those were 3-run home runs, they'd be 33-10 right now like the mariners. Marvin Bernard's ass needs to get on base, actually everyone but aurelia needs to get on base.

(Can you tell I don't have a job for the summer yet? some labs need to call back . . . )

Anyway - the best teams in baseball right now, in my opinion? All are AL: Mariners, Twins, Indians. After that, the cards, yanks, sox, and phillies are all pretty close, and if the NL west ever stops beating up on each other than any of those teams could get hot (esp the dodgers, b/c of pitching, and the giants, b/c of hitting).

One last note: bonds has more HRs at this point in the year than Mark McGuire did at this time during the season he hit 70 homers . . . food for thought (and newbie i guess)

peace,
Rob
Old 05-23-2001, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Newbie,
last scoop I heard about MR. Hottie fscottie, was awhile back he was dating a New Yorker(who orginated from MD, lol) but now I do believe he is single !!!!!!
Yahhhhoooo
Old 05-24-2001, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by newbie:

SSS1365--I know what you mean. Even though my Giants aren't doing that bad, we are still struglling big-time, especially the last few games, losing the last 5 outta 6...depressing isn't? How are the Mets doing lately? Don't worry...like all teams they have their ups and downs, I'm sure the'll pull out of their slump! I still remember last season in the playoffs where you guys beat us...it was a good series though, just I hated the outcome of it!
The Mets are currently 19-27... not exactly wonderful, but I suppose it could be worse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll start doing better. The fact that they lost their best pitcher isn't helping them

Old 05-26-2001, 05:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE talking about baseball (bet y'all can tell ), thanks for letting me!

Rob--I'm just afraid that Barry's gonna be traded (scary thought isn't???) or signed w/another team after this season . While I love his HRS, I just realized after reading sev. articles recently that that only makes his worth upped a whole lot...and I have to admit...the Giants org. CAN be somewhat "cheap" sometimes..........unfortunately for my beloved Giants fans all around. Barry is fastly becoming one of my FAVE players...always delivers (except for playoffs) and he's just the man around here. But without him--what are we gonna do? I know that lately he has been a lil "rude" to the media--but hey, he's the only chance we can at ever winning a World Series, unless we get somebody like Griffey (not happening, I don't think!) .

Oh sorry about the botched J.T. call of mine--I was watching the game that night, and they showed the shots of it being fair (from the camera angel). but i watched the news after that, and they showed more accurate shots of it being foul. But I still love my J.T. . He is RELALY struggling thoug--its sad, the best defensive 1st basemen in all of baseball has to sit down and not play every few games b/c right now he cannot hit . He has always been a slow starter--but it's killing us now since the rest of the team is also struggling too.

The NL West is so competitive these days--it's starting to frustrate me! LA, SD, and AZ are in a 3 way tie for 1st right now--and of course the standings change about every day!!! SF is only 1 game out--yet we are in 4th (since they are all tied). CRAZINESS eh?

The Giants somehow need to get rollin. We need to get something shaked up round here! We started to win some games, but we lost tonight...basically, we kinda suck right now... not that bad, since we're above .500, but we are just not that team that we used to be.

Rob, I really wish I was in Boston I really think that NOmar is really cute--*sigh*, baseball players in general are cute (well some of them at least) . I hope to get married to a pro baseball player haha.

Are your Sox in 2nd place or 1st? Also intersting..today the Twins for the first time this season are in 2nd...amazing ain't it?

DGPhoney--YAY!!!!!! Derek better be single
He and Nomar make a pretty studly pair of shortstops .

SSS1365--you know what, your Mets are really starting to put on a good streak lately it seems...they have been winning quite a few lately! Also the Braves, too, it seems?
Old 05-26-2001, 05:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, BTW, can you believe that SD is in first place? (Not meant to sound mean—it’s just that they were supposed to be in last—but then again, even the last place in the NL west is still prolly more competitive than those in 3rd place in other divisions.)

Also--Rob, here's a tidbit of trivia for ya--Bonds is the fastest player EVER in baseball to reach 24 (or was it 23?) HRs so quickly in a season..he is on pace for about 84 or something . He has 25 right now! Gosh--he just BETTER remain a Giant!! I want him to enter the Hall of Fame as a Giant! He said he'll go into the Hall of Fame as whatever team he played with last. He supposedly really wants to stay here in SF--but he also has one of the most demanding sports agents, too--Scott Boris.

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited May 26, 2001).]