GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,133
0 members and 2,133 guests
No Members online

Old 07-21-2003, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm Casper cuz I'm friendly and I'm like a ghost; besides being somewhat pale, I'm also very quiet which makes me "invisible".
At a mixer once I was sitting next to my Big and she asked "Where's Jen?", when I was sitting right next to her on the same couch!!!

Yeah, so that's me, Casper, the friendly ghost.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-21-2003, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Well then. Sheesh. I was never given a pledge name. But my nickname for the last 3 years has been Bubbles, and most anyone who hears that nickname thinks of me. Yup. Cuz I rawk like that.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to steelepike Send a message via Yahoo to steelepike
well i was given the pledge name "Chamber of Secrets".

first off for some reason I got the nickname Potter from the Harry Potter books and that movie was just coming out. So my pledge name had a tie to my nickname.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Scudz

To this day I still haven't figured out why.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
Quote:
Originally posted by SigkapAlumWSU
You know, that remids me, there are about 5 Scuba Steve's on my campus, all in different houses. And apparenly, almost all for different reasons!

*falls out of chair* haha---we only have 1 of those on this campus, didn't think Scuba Steve would be a really common name!
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

My name was originally Chipmunk because of the way I laugh. It morphed into several things over time, but I hated it. No worse than my pledge sister's name of Blow Pop.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
I never had a nickname while I was pledging, but I'm one of 4 Nicoles so I'm Nicole #1 or just #1. And for some reason our newest New Member class decided they love my last name so they scream my name at the top of their lungs and write it all over campus with chalk.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 07-22-2003, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Back in the days when I was a pledge... on Bid Night we all got drunk out of our skulls. Reportedly they found me passed out next to the keg, tap in hand, thus I earned the pledge name of 'Keg Monster'. (My tolerance for massive alcohol comsumption is a lot less these days.)

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 07-22-2003, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhirlwindTNX
Well ours isn't called a Pledge Name, but it's along those lines. . .

Here's mine: Whirlwind, but the meaning is a secret. . .
Old 07-22-2003, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Mine is Little E or Lil E...they've completely stopped calling me by Erinn, except when they get pissed at me I got it because there was another girl named Erin and she refused to go by 'Big E' she thought is sounded bad The sad thing about a small school is that names get spread to other houses so most people call me Lil' E now oh wells

One of my favorites was 'shadrienne' and our Pres we call 'Puppy' the best nicknames come from drunken nights at Phi Psi
Old 07-22-2003, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally posted by Little E
Mine is Little E or Lil E...they've completely stopped calling me by Erinn, except when they get pissed at me I got it because there was another girl named Erin and she refused to go by 'Big E' she thought is sounded bad The sad thing about a small school is that names get spread to other houses so most people call me Lil' E now oh wells

One of my favorites was 'shadrienne' and our Pres we call 'Puppy' the best nicknames come from drunken nights at Phi Psi

Yeah, we have that happen by us also! There are greeks that I dont even know there real names all I know is there pledge names!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 07-22-2003, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Buttonz
Yeah, we have that happen by us also! There are greeks that I dont even know there real names all I know is there pledge names!
Oh man - I'm that way with a whole fraternity. I hated it because this dad was looking for directions to his son's house one day. I was wearing letters so he stopped me and asked directions to the XYZ house. I told him where it was and then he asked if I knew Billy Bob, his son. I said I didn't think so, just to be polite. Later on I see the son, who I know as a rather derogatory pledge name, eating dinner with them and he says "Hey, how's it going, these are my parents, blah blah blah..."
Old 07-22-2003, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Quote:
Originally posted by SigkapAlumWSU
You know, that remids me, there are about 5 Scuba Steve's on my campus, all in different houses. And apparenly, almost all for different reasons!
haha we have suba steves here too or at least 1 that I know of. thats funny. anyways I want a pledge name. lol that would be cute we dont do those....I guess it could be but I dont really understand why. oh well.

Nichole
Old 07-22-2003, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AXOMarq
not too creative

We don't have pledge names, but we do have some nicknames. The president was introducing my roommate (who was rushing a semester after I did) to some other actives and she somehow messed up my name. So for a long time I was just called by my last name (I swear, I heard my last name shouted across the campus at times). Then at greek bowling, they started calling me bags (a shortening of my name) and that's sorta odd.... because a guy in a fraternity has the nickname of bags.

It's kinda embarassing because someone will call "Bags" at greek bowling and we'd both turn around....
Old 07-22-2003, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never had a pledge name, cause I guess we just don't do that, but I have a very common name. Each semester there are at least two of us with the same name, and as of right now, there are three. (I am dreading another in the fall pledge class!) Since it's just too hard for us all to be called the same thing, I started getting called BC because of my last name. It's much easier, and now when I'm on campus, if I hear my real name, I hardly ever answer to it, but if you shout BC, I'll know it's for me right away!

The only problem is when I get introduced to people, I tell them to call me BC and it always involves a lengthy convo why, so now I just tell them "BC, like British Columbia" and they shut up.