GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,336
0 members and 1,336 guests
No Members online

Old 09-19-2002, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
FIU Rush!!!

As requested I am starting an FIU thread so all you rush story addicts can follow along

Sorry it took so long for me to respond but this week has been SOOOOOOOO HECTIC!!!

Yest. was our first day and it went VERY well.... there were soooo many girls going through that it kinda made me nervous even though ive rushed on "the other side" b4...

tonight was philanthrophy night and was alot of fun...general consenus from the new girls is that this night was alot more fun and alot more relaxed since they had a craft to keep them busy

To the FIU DPhiE's out there!....a friend of mine is going through rush and she said you guys were AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!...she is a great girl... I hear you guys are seriously doing VERY well..which is great! GOOD LUCK this rest of the week!!

AHHHH im so nervous (im always the nervous one and tonight i finally came to the conclusion that i have a rush crush!!! I talked to her last night and she knows my big sister and she told me today that if everyone was as nice as me she cant wait to be here...awwww.... i am super excited! Just 2 more days left...and then BID DAY!!! (bid day is my favorite day)

Ill keep everyone updated....This is the biggest rush in FIU history and for sure one that will turn out GREAT!
to any other FIU greeks out there...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2002, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
FIU

This is very exciting! I look forward to hearing all the details. Good luck to all the groups at FIU. This is definitely a wonderful time of year! I wonder if there are any PNM on GC from FIU?

Denise_DPhiE
Old 09-19-2002, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

How wonderful! It sounds as though things are going beautifully! Congratulations on your fabulous recruitment turnout!
Have a wonderful time and good luck!
violets
Old 09-27-2002, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey.....

We never got an update!
C'mon, please tell us how it went!
Old 09-27-2002, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking YAY!!

Only three of the six sororities on the FIU campus met quota....and DphiE was one of them!!!! Not only did the Alpha Gamma Chapter pick up 42 amazing women, we did not go below our top 45!!! We were so overwhlemed at bid day as we received these women into our chapter of 56!!! As i spoke to a few of our New Members, they confessed that they had SUICIDED DphiE because they could not picture themselves anywhere else!! I'm sooooooo estatic!!!
*I wish everyone much luck with thier New Member Clasess!*
Old 09-29-2002, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry it took so long for me to respond...my computer died so i dont check email and such everyday anymore

ANYWAYS! about FIU rush....it was AMAZING!!! i was sooooo overwhelmed @ bid day!...while we were not one of the 3 to make quota @ actual rush...

we did pick up our remaing girls to make quota that week in COB...so we have an amazing 42 woman phi class!!! they are all GREAT..
all of them truly embody what a Phi Mu lady should be...Im so very proud of them all...

This rush went down in history as being one of the largest...all the organizations on campus did a wonderful job portraying how truly unique and special greek life is at FIU...

Congrats to all the other organizations @ FIU Its great to see the campus filled with letters, pins, and ribbons...all over the place girls showing pride in thier organizations!...absolutley CUTE!
Old 09-30-2002, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Wow, so like 200+ girls are now new members of the 6 NPC groups? That is incredible and everyone there has so much to be proud of. Moonstar - time to sit back, relax and enjoy sisterhood for a while. Phi Mu is so lucky to have you!

Denise_DPhiE
Old 09-30-2002, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
It's nice to see a thread that has D Phi E!
Congratulations on a successful recruitment to all of the sororities at FIU!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Question numbers?!

How many girls went through recruitment at FIU?

What chapters are available? and are they local or NPC?

I'm excited to hear about rush at FIU...since I'm from Miami....and have several friends at FIU rushing.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to all the sororities at FIU!!! You guys have done an amazing job with recruitment. Enjoy all your new members!
DPhiE also made quota here at UM along with 5 of the 6 chapters here.
I wish UM and FIU had more chapters in common because it would be awesome to have another ZTA chapter 10 minutes away.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Denise DPhiE...that was super sweet thanks!!! your sisters here are really great girls you should be amazingly proud of them!

Curlygirl,
FIU is a commuter school but we have 6 NPC sororities:
Phi Mu
AOPi
DPhiE
Phi Sigma Sigma
Tri Sigma
AXiD

we also have a few locals: Omega Beta Phi, Delta Phi Omega, and one more but i cant rememeber the name off the top of my head this being 2:30 am ...sorry im a lil tired

this year 396 girls went through rush but i belive only 200+ actually completed the week...

our greek system is HUGE now!
we are taking over campus

heres the link to our greek page: www.fiu.edu/~greeks
we have ALOT of campus support which makes it possible for us to do alot more on campus..

YAY FIU
Old 10-02-2002, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on those numbers!

I definitely know about FIU...I was a transient student there this summer and I live like 5 minutes away. All summer long I saw girls with their letters on and tables talking about their sororities. A few of the girls that went to high school with me actually joined chapters at FIU.

I'm pretty new to this whole greek thing....so since I hadn't heard some of the names (only b/c they're not at UF), I didn't know if they were local or NPC.

Being that FIU is a commuter school...and there aren't any sorority houses (yet!)....how do chapters conduct business? Where do you have socials?--on South Beach?! hehe!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 04:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Not a bad idea curlygirly! Socials at south beach!
Old 10-02-2002, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by curlygirly
Congratulations on those numbers!

I definitely know about FIU...I was a transient student there this summer and I live like 5 minutes away. All summer long I saw girls with their letters on and tables talking about their sororities. A few of the girls that went to high school with me actually joined chapters at FIU.

I'm pretty new to this whole greek thing....so since I hadn't heard some of the names (only b/c they're not at UF), I didn't know if they were local or NPC.

Being that FIU is a commuter school...and there aren't any sorority houses (yet!)....how do chapters conduct business? Where do you have socials?--on South Beach?! hehe!!!
Curlygirly, I'm not sure about FIU, but UNT is a major communter school also, but they are still stong enough to have 6 NPC sororities!! Only one sorority has a house (ADPi) and the others have "suites" in one of the residence halls, where I would assume they have their meetings. I think most of the social fraternities on this campus have houses also, but we dont have a "greek row". Although if it were me, I'd rather have a meeting at south beach !
Old 10-02-2002, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Socials!

You better believe mixers and crush parties are sometimes held somewhere on South Beach!
There aren't many other options other than the Grove.