GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,539
1 members and 1,538 guests
oncegreek

Old 09-04-2012, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Disney Villain Recruitment Story!

Hi! Number 1, I just joined GC after deciding to go through recruitment, so I'm super excited to be here. I'm a sophomore transfer student, and they had a very, very tiny Greek system at my old school. Now I'm attending a large state school in the Midwest! I'm doing this live, so I won't be able to update the rest until Friday, which is when we have round 2.
SO!
There are 9 chapters at my school, and we had open houses yesterday. I chose Disney villains because I love them

1. Evil Queen: This was the first house we visited, and the girls I talked to were very nice, but there were a lot of awkward pauses and we didn't seem to have a lot in common. It was a good warm-up house, but I didn't really think I would fit in there at all.

2. Maleficent: LOVED this house. I'm actually a legacy here, and I was really surprised that I liked them as much as I did. Their song/chant was super catchy and fun, and the girls I talked to were super nice and the conversation flowed really easily.

3. Scar: This house had a TON of energy, & I had a lot in common with the girl I talked to, but she interrupted me a couple times (rude...). Everyone was crammed into this little room and it was really hard to hear. I had an okay experience, but it didn't really seem like my kind of chapter.

4. Cruella de Vil: This chapter was okay, they seemed kind of bored with the whole process, but the conversation wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. It wasn't a memorable party, but I had a decent experience.

5. Captain Hook: I was definitely surprised by this house. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did, but I had a lot in common with the three girls I talked to and they were really easy to talk with. One of the girls was an acquaintance of mine in high school, so that was a nice surprise! Definitely not one of my top houses, but I really liked them.

6. Ursula: Love, love, loved this house! They seemed so down to earth and like I could fit in with them really easily. Everyone I talked to was really, really nice and I had a lot in common with all of them. It didn't seem like they were just asking generic get to you know questions. I also love their philanthropy, and I overall had an AWESOME time here.

7. Queen of Hearts: I was really surprised by this house too! Both of the girls I talked to seemed genuinely interested in me, and not like they were just recycling conversation topics. I had a really, really great time here, but I don't know if I'm really their type of girl. But I loved my experience at this house.

8. Gaston: This house seemed a little generic, but they were really fun to talk to and I overall had a good experience. It was nearing the end of the day so I could tell they were getting tired of talking to PNMs, but I still had a good time.

9. Jafar: This was the last house we visited, so everyone was really tired after a long, long day. I got a little bit of a weird vibe from this house, but both of the girls I talked to were really nice and fun. Our conversation was a little generic, but I had a decent time here.

So at the end of the day, this was my ranking:
1. Maleficent
2. Ursula
3. Queen of Hearts
4. Captain Hook
Gaston
6. Cruella de Vil
7. Jafar
8. Scar
9. Evil Queen

I cannot WAIT for Round 2!

Last edited by rapunzie; 09-05-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-04-2012, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish you all the best, but I would encourage you not to post live.

You never know who is reading, and it's often easier than you might think to figure out what school you're at.

Last edited by amIblue?; 09-04-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

love the theme

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Gooooo Maleficent!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Love the theme! Good luck. My vote's for Gaston!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the theme! I've gotta root for Gaston, too. Although I do love Scar....

I also agree with amIblue? Keep a word document/diary of your rush experience, then put it all together after Bid Day. Best of luck!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

"and every last inch of me's covered with hair!!!!"

I've gotta root for Gaston. I've always loved that line.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Maleficent!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay okay okay I'll wait til recruitment is over. I honestly don't really care if people find out what school I'm from, but I have no problems waiting! But either way, I PROMISE this will not be another unfinished recruitment story.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzie View Post
Okay okay okay I'll wait til recruitment is over. I honestly don't really care if people find out what school I'm from, but I have no problems waiting! But either way, I PROMISE this will not be another unfinished recruitment story.
Excellent! The reason it's best to wait is that you never know if an active at your school is on GreekChat looking at your posts. It's a remote possibility that they figure out who you are or which sorority is which (Disney villain), but it's always good to be careful.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Best wishes...very much looking forward to hearing your story!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Ursula: "Life's full of tough choices, innit?"
Best wishes for a wonderful and fulfilling recruitment!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 2!

Hi, sorry I'm taking so long to post this stuff! I've been super busy the past few weeks!

Okay for round two, house tours, I was invited back to five houses out of the possible seven. Evil Queen, Jafar, Cruella de Vil, Ursula, & Maleficent! I was super excited to be asked back to my top two, but was disappointed to see some of the other houses higher on my list go. But I still had an open mind this early in recruitment!

1. Evil Queen: I still got a weird vibe from this house, and honestly I wasn't really looking forward to coming back here. They were all very polite, but I could just tell I wouldn't fit in here. The girls I talked to seemed very self absorbed and we didn't have anything in common.

2. Jafar: This house was super cute! I was actually surprised because it doesn't look like much from the outside, but it was reaaaally well decorated on the inside. The girls I talked to were really funny and I had a lot in common with them, but I still wasn't sure if I really belonged here.

3. Cruella de Vil: I LOVED this house the second time around! I'm glad I got another shot with them because the girls were so down to earth and easy to talk to. Their house was so cool and had tons of character, and I really felt like I could fit in there.

4. Ursula: I also loved this house! The girl I was talking to was a little stiff and it sounded like she was reading from a script, but she was very nice and I knew not to eliminate a whole house based on one member. I had talked to some girls during round one that I really clicked with and I very much wanted to come back here.

5. Maleficent: I didn't love this chapter as much as I did during round 1, but I was still pretty confident that they were my favorite. The girl giving me the tour was so candid and hilarious and it didn't seem like she was bored with talking to me at all, despite it being the last round of the day. I had a really, really, great time here.

SO at the end of the day I ranked;

1. Maleficent

2. Cruella de Vil
3. Ursula
4. Jafar
5. Evil Queen

Stay tuned for round 3
Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope you post again soon! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the story.