GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,979
0 members and 1,979 guests
No Members online

Old 01-07-2009, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
As NF as it is, I'm a big fan of the Rock of Love series.

I'd marry Marcia and I hope Mindy wins.
LOL, EW, admitting the "NF".

And ew! (pun intended) You'd marry the girl who puked and then immediately went and kissed him? Gah!

While I can appreciate the brain-numbing nonsense hilarity of these shows, the huge downside is that it's giving the spotlight to women (and men) who were mainly contained in the strip club arena previously and further validating them in some cases by giving them their OWN SHOWS. See Daisy (and ew! are there men that really find her attractive? and did anyone else think that strange little girl on the bus show looked freakily like her?), Megan (giving her a show is nothing short of a travesty), the Real & Chance freakos, etc. I'm afraid the exploitation of these folks for obvious fiscal reasons will cause an unfortunate explosion in the "ho" and "skank" look/lifestyle/trend especially among the young and undereducated populations and I just don't think the ozone layer can take. that. much. more. aerosol. hairspray.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post

And ew! (pun intended) You'd marry the girl who puked and then immediately went and kissed him? Gah!

While I can appreciate the brain-numbing nonsense hilarity of these shows, the huge downside is that it's giving the spotlight to women (and men) who were mainly contained in the strip club arena previously and further validating them in some cases by giving them their OWN SHOWS. See Daisy (and ew! are there men that really find her attractive? and did anyone else think that strange little girl on the bus show looked freakily like her?), Megan (giving her a show is nothing short of a travesty), the Real & Chance freakos, etc. I'm afraid the exploitation of these folks for obvious fiscal reasons will cause an unfortunate explosion in the "ho" and "skank" look/lifestyle/trend especially among the young and undereducated populations and I just don't think the ozone layer can take. that. much. more. aerosol. hairspray.

You mean it hasn't already?

I wish Megan would fall off the face of the earth. Props to Sharon for beating her ass. That chunk of hair looked painful and she deserved it.

Daisy is just stupid and yes that new girl did remind me of her.

Bret needs to find love elsewhere. Obviously he's not finding it in the skanks half his age that keep coming on the show. But I suppose his true goal has been reached, since he's become popular once again and his career has been restarted.

KLTC
Old 01-08-2009, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post

I enjoy Latina train wrecks.

Plus I'm pretty sure I've done that before.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by Elephant Walk; 01-08-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Lol this is the one on the bus right?

Haven't caught it yet, but these shows are the type you hate to watch but can't stop watching.

And btw, I know quite a few people who've kissed girls with puke residue... It's college :P
Old 01-17-2009, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Thumbs up

I'm ashamed for two reasons.

1. THIS is the thread I come out of hiding to post on. What does this say about me? *smh*

2. I watch Rock of Love. I LOVE Rock of Love. I admit it, I'm not ashamed. Generally speaking, I hate "reality" shows of any nature - mostly this kind... But this one is just PURE ENTERTAINMENT!!!! I can hardly stand it sometimes, it is so freaking funny...

Meanwhile, if anyone of you haven't yet checked out the recaps on VH1's blog on Mondays (or any time after that), YOU MUST!! I want to meet the guy that writes these up, because he is one funny mofo. (see blog.vh1.com)

In other news, I can't stand Brittanya (sp?) I have no problem with piercings, as I used to have a plethora myself... But there's something about her that just makes me shiver and want to sanitize myself.

I don't care how annoying she is, I like Marcia. I hope Ashley falls out of the bus while it is in motion.

*sigh* I can't wait for the episode tomorrow...It's always an event at my house.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Brittanya is disgusting! Spitting and fighting just made her look trashier than she normally is. Ashley's ex is fugly. WTH was she thinking when she said he looked hot. Ugh! I'm glad Bret booted both of them tonight. I laughed when someone on the bus made the comment about all the blondes being gone.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe that ABOMB is gone! I thought she was going to beat them all hands-down. Brittanya is nasty and should have been booted a long time ago. And all Beverly did was whine the entire time. I'm ready for her to go. Mindy's adorable and I hope she wins!

I love this show. My girls and I even have a pool going. Too bad I was out early in the season. However, we do have a finale party to plan!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I think final 2 will be Taya and Mindy. No idea who he'll choose just yet.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Are Reality Shows Setting Unrealistic Standards for Skanks?

Ask The Onion

Old 03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post
That is hilarious.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Taya is way too melodramatic when she gets her pass though.

I loved this episode though. This season was starting to get lame!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I liked Brittanya. I wish she would have stayed over Ashley. I hope Beverly goes, she should have gone a looooooong time ago (like when she kissed Brett's bandmate).
Old 04-13-2009, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

It looks like my final 2 prediction was correct but I genuinely thought he'd choose Mindy over Taya.

That whole picking out a ring but hanging on to it was just lame.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
It looks like my final 2 prediction was correct but I genuinely thought he'd choose Mindy over Taya.

That whole picking out a ring but hanging on to it was just lame.
I stopped paying attention after he chose Taya. I wonder if he'll regret his decision when he sees how many times she mentions being a Penthouse Pet and constantly wearing her tank top.

KLTC
Old 04-14-2009, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I was pissed when he didn't pick Mindy, she's hotter than that cougar.

She's also low maintenance and seems like she'd be an easygoing girlfriend.