GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,119
3 members and 2,116 guests
3DGator, zashlytopo8836

Old 07-15-2002, 03:28 PM
UMgirl

Welcome to GC Joycelyn
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2002, 01:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
Welcome AlphaGamJLo!!

Hope to hear from you often!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to fairytate Send a message via AIM to fairytate
Cool

Name: MaryKate
College/Chapter: Lafayette College, Zeta Theta

I am a collegian, and am President of my Chapter.

Why I joind AGD: On preference night, Alpha Gam was not my first choice. On bid day, my bid was from AGD, and I accepted it because I knew a few of the sisters and figured I'd give it a shot. I am so glad I did, and I wouldn't change my decision for anything. I love being an Alpha Gam, and I love all of my sisters!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Welcome MaryKate! We're glad to have you and look forward to getting to know you!
Old 07-17-2002, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Woo hoo, MaryKate is my granddaughter! Glad to see you finally got a chance to check this out.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to fairytate Send a message via AIM to fairytate
Hey Grandma!! Yeah, I finally had time to look at this, and it's pretty cool.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Welcome MaryKate! Enjoy this site, it's fun to get to know all the sisters here on GC. Lisa Fishman

Last edited by Lisa Fishman; 11-11-2002 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:31 PM
UMgirl

Welcome to GC Mary Kate!

Tonya
Old 07-24-2002, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Alpha Gams!

Name: Jessica Carlton
University/Chapter: Brenau University/Mu Chapter
Initiation: November 1999
Collegian/Alumna: Collegian...currently V.P. Scholarship
Why I joined: I am not a crier, and AGD was the only chapter during recruitment to make me cry. But still I wasn't sure...I believe today that I joined Alpha Gam through an act of God. He gave me no other choice but going Alpha Gam. Now almost in my fourth year, everything Alpha Gam makes me sentimental, and I can't imagine being anywhere else! My sisters have been there for everything and supported me every step of the way!

Last edited by JayceAGD; 07-24-2002 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to GC, Jessica! I hope you stick around and make a really positive contribution to our boards!

LIEP,
Maria
Old 07-25-2002, 03:11 PM
UMgirl

Welcome to GC Jessica!

Tonya
Old 07-25-2002, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Jessica, Welcome to Greekchat! Have fun here! How are Brenau and Mu these days? You can probably see my composite picture at the house. I was there 1989-91, back when Brenau was Brenau College not Univ.
Lisa Fishman, Mu '90

Last edited by Lisa Fishman; 11-11-2002 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
Sorry this is sooo late but welcome to MaryKate and Jessica!!!

Hope you become as addicted as some of the rest of us!! I m not quite there yet but Im now over 300! WHOO HOOOO!!
Old 07-27-2002, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to neener Send a message via Yahoo to neener
Name: Jeneen, Theta Delta Chapter, North Georgia College and State University

Alumna

Why I joined AGD: All of my closest friends on my dorm hall at the time were Alpha Gams. I started going to COB events and wound up making 50 other new friends who liked me as an individual not as something they wanted me to be or something that I'm not. They knew how to have a good time and AGD has the BEST sisterhood on our campus which stood out amongst the other sororities.

Best AGD memory: Going to one of my sister's weddings this past June. All of the bridesmaids were sisters and during the reception we all got in a circle and had a candlelighting for the bride. Everyone there was watching and I was so proud to show the bond we all share.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to StarDust7381
hello!!

Hi all! THis is my first entry here and I want to say hi to all the other Alpha Beta girls. So yes, I'm Judi from Alpha Beta at University of Michigan.

Why I Joined AGD...interesting story acutally. I joined fall 2001 as a junior and i was one of the oldest people going thru formal rush. I wasn't planning on rushing but a good friend in another house convinced me to rush and was really rooting for me to join her house. I knew alot of girls in her house and thought that her house was the one for me. I went thru rush thinking that when I had to go to the other houses I just had to entertain myself bc I thought I knew the only house I wantedn. I had convinced myself and told everyone else that it was that house or nothing at all. The next day, we got our invites for 3rd sets and my heart was (temporarily) crushed when I didn't get invited back to that house and I dropped out of rush. At the time, I thought dropping out was the right thing to do but I knew there was soemthing missing in my life. I wanted sisters and a place to call home. I kept thinking about rush and all the "what ifs" such as "what if I had been a freshman going thru rush" and "what if i had been feeling better the night of 2nds so then i wouldn't have been spacing out quite so badly". Oddly enough, when I looked back at the houses, the house that I thought was my top choice wasn't really the one I thought about. What really stuck out in my mind was AGD. Those girls were definetely genuine, REAL girls and they were the ones who I remembered as genuinely wanting me as one of them. About 2 weeks after the original bid day, I heard that AGD was doing COB. I couldn't bear the thought of finishing the rest of college with all the "what ifs" and knowing that I would never have girls to call my sisters so I emailed Webbie (who I knew somehow thru HS), got a reply that same day, and went to COB at Cava Java. I was nervous but at the same time I wasn't. Jessica gave me the bid that very night and I didn't hesitate to accept. Joining AGD was the best thing that has happened to me and ever since then, my heart hasn't ever been empty. How could it? I have sister's who are always with me in my heart.

(ok sorry for the sappiness but I really luv u guys..beware of funny jokes in the fall...heh heh heh...)