GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,216
0 members and 1,216 guests
No Members online

Old 06-30-2018, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Chapter I’m Transferring To Hasn’t Contacted Me?

I’m transferring from Mississippi State University to The University of Memphis and plan on re-affiliating with the ADPI chapter there. The MSU chapter’s adviser and president both signed off on my form and sent it in last month (May) and I myself sent 2 emails to the Memphis chapter. Memphis is currently out for the summer but I’m worried, I haven’t heard anything back yet. Especially since the Memphis panhellenic page and chapter’s Facebook page haven’t been updated. I’m concerned the emails are going to emails no longer in use and that my transfer form may not even be seen. Any advice is welcome, especially from other ADPIs who have re-affiliated
Old 07-01-2018, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

You need to make local contact. What you're doing right now is telling the world that your prospective chapter isn't too good at communication. Don't air your dirty laundry.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-01-2018, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree. They will have contact info on the Panhellenic recruitment page, instagram, etc.
You can find them.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Lort. Think about your timing - you submitted paperwork either at the end of the semester, or after, because University of Memphis ended their Spring 2018 semester in very early May. Last day of classes was April 27! Did you expect a response after school was out and people had dispersed for the summer? I've had experience with transfers who requested affiliation, and this process isn't like a drive-thru window at Taco Bell. It takes time to verify all the information you submitted. There may be additional hoops to jump through at your new chapter's end.

If you're thinking you'll get to participate in Fall 2018 recruitment at your new chapter, that may not be possible. NOTE: I don't know ADPi's policy(ies) on affiliations so that needs to be considered. I'm only speaking to my own experiences with a different GLO (obviously). Not going into any more detail than that.

Please contact ADPi headquarters for help. They don't take summers off. Also, I'd contact my current chapter's (MSU) advisor and president for help.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-02-2018, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Some organisations require a chapter vote on transfers, so it would have to wait until they meet again. Also, at a school like that, I would guess that the officers that are still working in their offices are recruitment officers who don't deal with transfers. Patience is your best friend!
Old 07-03-2018, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
Some organisations require a chapter vote on transfers, so it would have to wait until they meet again. Also, at a school like that, I would guess that the officers that are still working in their offices are recruitment officers who don't deal with transfers. Patience is your best friend!
Agree. My chapter had a couple of sisters who transferred to our school and I seem to recall that we waited at least a month or so before voting - my chapter was one of those that voted whether or not to affiliate a member which we always did, but it was a formality that we followed.

All that is to say you likely won't hear anything until the members return to school and if rush is held before the semester begins, I don't know if the affiliation could take place in advance of recruitment. Be patient!