GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,471
1 members and 2,470 guests
Cookiez17

Old 11-14-2004, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
Smile Lavaliered

Since there is a story with it, I decided it best to just give it its own thread...

So this past Wednesday the 10th, was Joel and my 1 year anniversary. We went to the movies and saw the Incredibles, and the only thing he gave me was a white gold chain, with the sarcastic remark of how "well since you have a history of breaking chains, I figured I'd buy you in case you break another" (since I have a bad habit of getting my necklaces caught on things every couple months and them breaking easily). Which made me really mad that it was all he had done for me... but evidently it was his plan...

So Thursday, he smoothes things over. He gets me 20 roses and this pair of earrings that match the first necklace he had ever given me way back in December for Christmas. That was pretty sweet of him, though it was still suspicious because they weren't expensive earrings or anything and he had told me I was going to have a really awesome one year...

Friday, we had been talking for the past week or so about going to the Phi Mu Alpha house, since that's his fraternity, and we generally go once every time he comes out to visit me as they're great guys and all. So this seemed like nothing out of the ordinary to me. So we went... Things started to seem odd when my 3 friends who NEVER go out to party or anything, especially they never go to fraternity houses w/ the exception of my one friend who is a dating a boy from a different fraternity house...but still she is not a party girl... well they showed up at the house... but still nothing happend for a short while... so I was just like "wierd... but ok, they must be bored." About 20 minutes or so after they had arrived, the guys all congrated in the dining room... my friends all backed away into the living room... leaving me standing in the middle of these two rooms... with my boyfriend right there too. The guys started singing one of their serenading songs, and my boyfriend pulls out the white gold chain from Wednesday, this time with the lavalier attached to it with FMA letters.

Needless to say he tricked me quite well and I was very pleased... and after that we had my lavaliering party! None of my sisters were there though because he's known for a while that I've been eager to have a candle and didn't want to ruin my chance at having a candle... and the very next day I had my candle right before we all went out for Monmouth Duo, which definitly rocked.

What a great anniversary.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay!

Congratulations on your lavalier! I am so excited for you. You're lucky to have such a sweet (although tricky!) boyfriend. Be proud to wear his letters; I know you are!

And congrats on one year! That is truly something to celebrate!

Boy oh boy. Stories like this one make me feel all fuzzy inside! My chapter (Eta Alpha) is currently all abuzz with romantic love stories (friends getting engaged, planning/anticipating engagements...etc.). I love to hear stories from my long-distance sisters!

Love and Loyalty,
~*~*KTK*~*~
Old 11-14-2004, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Yay!

Quote:
Originally posted by KappaLadyK
My chapter (Eta Alpha) is currently all abuzz with romantic love stories (friends getting engaged, planning/anticipating engagements...etc.). I love to hear stories from my long-distance sisters!
Hehe!! Yay!

Congrats Shima!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

So...I have a dumb question. It comes from being in a brand new chapter with a small Greek system. I know what a lavaliere is (I've seen pictures), but how do you wear it? On a necklace? Sorry for sounding like such a noob!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
So...I have a dumb question. It comes from being in a brand new chapter with a small Greek system. I know what a lavaliere is (I've seen pictures), but how do you wear it? On a necklace? Sorry for sounding like such a noob!
Yep. Usually as a pendant on a chain. You can also put them on charm bracelets. The lavaliere I got when I was a new member is now on my Kappa/ATO charm bracelet.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.