GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,362
1 members and 1,361 guests
John

Old 08-09-2004, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I am thinking about getting my second Bachelor's degree. I am not sure in what subject and where I want to study. My concern is that I have my BA in Sociology from Stony Brook and I am not sure if it would be a problem studying for BA #2 in another school.

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2004, 07:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
$65/credit hour? WHERE? That's insanely cheap.
After paying $15K per year 20 years ago for my undergrad, I'm not so up for paying an arm and a leg for the occaissional course.

Columbus State

I'm just taking some web development classes and perhaps a language course as well. Just something to occupy this Stay At Home Mom's time a little. For local Ohio State students, most of their credits transfer right to OSU, so it's a great place to take a couple classes over the summer without losing the shirt off your back.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
i thought about going back and getting my second degree in marketing, but i don't know. if i go back, it would be to miami where i already went. I'd want to finish out the marketing stuff so i could have either a dual major or a second b.s.
i've also considered going back and getting my vet tech degree, but it's not the best pay once you have it. and it's a lot of work. i'm just not sure i want to go back now that i've been out.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 06-06-2009, 03:16 AM
GreekChat Member

financial aid for 2nd bachelor degree

Yes, there are stipulations on financial for 2nd bachelor degrees. Once you have been awarded the first one, you are no longer eligible for pell grants. The only type of financial aid that you are eligible for is loans. And even then, there is a cap of 57,500 for universities and 18,000 for Junior colleges. I found out all this information today. Hope this helps you!!