GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 649
0 members and 649 guests
No Members online

Old 02-25-2004, 03:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Adelphean1851 Send a message via Yahoo to Adelphean1851
AI Sponsor

hi Guys,
This is a great thread. Heres a Quest Starting on the other side. I am (if you can't tell) an ADPi. I am currently sponsoring one of my best friends for AI, so far shes been to one social event and it seemed to go well and I think shes coming to our badge day dinner. Nobody in my alumnae assocation knows anything about AI but they seem receptive, Anyway I just wanted to know if there were any sucessful ADPi AI's who could share their expirences as I know very little myself. I have all of our EO info but thats about it. If I get any further with this I will keep you posted.
--Deb
Old 02-28-2004, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

that is so awesome! did you approach her about ai or did she approach you? i have a few friends that i would love to talk to about ai, but i don't really know how to approach the subject. one has come with me to a social activity and had fun, but it was like, hey, we are having a ladies night event and it is near your house....want to come?

good luck to you and your friend!
Old 02-28-2004, 03:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Adelphean1851 Send a message via Yahoo to Adelphean1851
I asked her actually, shes been one of my best friends for awhile, and I had just gotten involved in my Alumnae Assocation and was telling her all about it and just on a lark I asked her to attend a paint your own pottery social we were having. Then I remembered reading something about AI and was like, "maybe, if you're interested I could find out about our alumni initation program" then I proceeded to tell her about my org and the benefits of lifelong membership. ie. a nationwide network of friends, philanthropy, a chance to meet other women with similar interests and this struck a cord with her. See, her fiancee is really involved with the Kiwanais and has been since high school and even though she helps him out she still kind of feels like thats "his" thing. Shes been looking to get involved in her own orgaization and Adpi seems to fit the bill she is really excited about the possibilities.

So my advice to you is; don't be afraid to rush your friends, share with them what Phi Mu means to you and the benefits of membership and if you're really close with them tell them how cool you think it would be to call them sister. I know my friend and I both think that is totally cool. I mean, my friend never even thought about going greek in college but now that she knows that Sorority life is about more than just the bonds formed at college she can't wait to get started.
I hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Any updates?
Old 03-31-2004, 03:47 AM
GreekChat Member

well due to schedule clashes I haven't been able to get her to any events lately, but she is helping out at our golf tournament this friday and i'm hoping she'll meet enough girls to get a vote. I'd like to get her paper work started soon so we can beat the cruch around formal recrutiment time.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to you and her...I wish you the best. Keep us posted

MS
Old 03-31-2004, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

If you see Julia M at the event, tell her to call her ADPi sister in LA... and then you can smile at what a small world it is!

I stumbled onto the GO-ADPi site a few days ago and cracked up b/c I found of photo of me and the girls at convention this summer!

Best of luck at the tourney! I miss Orlando!
Old 04-01-2004, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

hey you're in So Cali have you ever met a sister named Tynelle Olivias? shes and old school sister form EP.
Tournaments gonna be great! I miss the west! wanna trade?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Adelphean1851
hey you're in So Cali have you ever met a sister named Tynelle Olivias? shes and old school sister form EP.
Tournaments gonna be great! I miss the west! wanna trade?
I haven't met Tynelle. Good luck with the tournte, and yes, I will trade you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 04:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Update

well.. My friend ended up getting a stomach virus the day of tourney. But unfortunately we had a low turnout of members anyway (the pres., VP of comm, me and one other sister) so she wouldn't have met anyone anyway.

The toruney went well we had 5 teams and I think we raised around $1200 for RMH, which considering this was our first try at it wasn't too bad.

For my friend i'm thinking of going the three alumnae sponser route because I don't think she'll ever meet enough girls to get a asscation vote (and meeting turn out is really low). The Pres has met her and i think she'd sign off and my diamond sis would most likely vouch for her too. so well see.

Sometimes I feel like such a nag cuz i'm always pushing AI, but i'm the only one who cares. I'm breaking ground for future pursuers of AI with my assocation.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I just wondered in here and found this thread! That is exciting! I hope everything goes well for you & your friend