GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,103
1 members and 1,102 guests
Sarak24034

Old 09-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Talking Labor Day Rushes: West Ga, Jax State, Mercer?

Okay, all you people at schools with Labor Day recruitment, how'd everybody do?

AGDLynn--how about West Georgia? And orchid2--spill the beans about Jax State!! Is there anyone here from Mercer?
Old 09-03-2002, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

West Ga. Recruitment

Okay, I'm partially awake. I was at Rec. every night since Thursday.

The sorotities at West Georgia are AGD, Chi O, AXD, KD, Phi Mu and Tri Delt...that's how I remember them..in hall floor order, lol.

I think that they started with 189 (?) and ended up with about 130-something at Prefs. I didn't have time to review the stats in detail. They changed the way things were done. Now, sororities couldn't cut after Pref party like some chapters did in the past. The only way that someone didn't get a bid was if they only put one sorority on their bid card and wasn't high enough on the sorority's bid list. (For those of you who haven't had Recruitment yet, just remember, if you only list 1 sorority, you might not get a bid from another group that had you on their bid list....if that's the way I remember it.)

Quota was 22, AGD for 24 with a possibility of more in COB.
Everyone made quota except one, but I will not reveal who that was in this thread.

I can only give the AGD side...

It went wonderfully!! Our hall was totally redone. The beautiful new furniture we ordered didn't arrive on time (does it anytime??) so we had to rent some and I think it goes back today. (The school is finally going to renovate the dorm next summer so we could do what we wanted.)

The AGDs got lots of compliments on their sisterhood and their excercise room (when I was there, we used it as the file room, lol). The bulletin boards were awesome! You could tell they put a lot of hard work into them. Philanthropy Project was creating pails for a new local Women's Emergency Shelter in town.
Theme Day was the Wizard of Oz (you couldn't tell it was a dorm hall!)

Last night all the sororities gathered on the mounds in the Academic Quad. The AGDs went to a local restuarant...the New Members had a short meeting and didn't get there until after 9. I was starving!

I'm extremely proud of my home chapter!

Also, I would like to give a BIG thank you to the wonderful Rho Chi's and the West Georgia Panhellenic Office -- they did a great job!

AGD Always!
Lynn