GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,277
2 members and 2,275 guests
flirt5721

Old 10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupidelta View Post
Dang you for telling me that!!! Now I'm going to have to go read WE website. I don't think even Dr. Phil can heal Marsha and her hubby though. I saw the episode your talking about. She cried the whole time and all she could say was "Im the only one taking this wedding seriously!!!" Wah!
And I would never plan my own wedding. Not without a fleet of trained people helping me. I was in charge of formal twice when I was in college. And I was part of a small GLO and that was hard enough. No way I would touch my own wedding with a 10 foot pole!!! I know I would freak out.

But I feel this year they have really found some loony birds. Whay about the one where the girl took out an addtional morgage on her home so she could rent a castle? Or the one who wanted a celebrity wedding so bad she had to have "the dentist to the starts" and the "photographer to the stars"? The only sane one they've had all season was the lawyer. I think her name was Angela? She wasn't so much a Bridezilla as a little pushy....

They might not have this season's updates on WE's website yet. Right now, they have the ones from last season up, so I'm thinking that these won't go up until next season.

Ok, I'll give you that the celebrity wedding chick was over the top. She was trying to live a dream, which has always seemed ridiculous to me. What's the fun of being a 'fake' celeb for one day, and then having to go back to your real life the next? Also, I would NEVER re-finance my home to pay for a wedding. That was BANANAS! Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to be a bride, and I would want to have a nice celebration. However, going into debt for one day is not my idea of a fun time. The lawyer girl was cool, and she added some spice to her relationship b/c her hubby seemed dead.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
They might not have this season's updates on WE's website yet. Right now, they have the ones from last season up, so I'm thinking that these won't go up until next season.

Ok, I'll give you that the celebrity wedding chick was over the top. She was trying to live a dream, which has always seemed ridiculous to me. What's the fun of being a 'fake' celeb for one day, and then having to go back to your real life the next? Also, I would NEVER re-finance my home to pay for a wedding. That was BANANAS! Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to be a bride, and I would want to have a nice celebration. However, going into debt for one day is not my idea of a fun time. The lawyer girl was cool, and she added some spice to her relationship b/c her hubby seemed dead.
Cost is exactly why I haven't gotten married yet. I want a custom Vera Wang and the boyfriend wants a custom Armani tux. And we want to have a wedding more like the ones you would see on the Plantinum weddings. We sooooo can't afford that right now! So rather than take on an a**load of debt, we're waiting. If I want a $100,000 wedding I need to be able to pay for most of that upfront, not re-fi a home. That's just dumb. What if you get divorced?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the most hilarious one was where this lady was getting mad at her wedding planner because she thought that the WP had lost the bride's marriage license. She's bitching at her mom abou the WP, crying up a storm....and then she goes to her car and what does she have in there? Her marriage license.

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 10-17-2006, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw that one. I thought it was hilarious that she made her wedding party come down the aisle like the queen in Coming to America. My friends would have been like "Ummm...no."
Old 10-17-2006, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I have always wondered how they get their bridemaids to do some of the things they do. Unless my ladies are wearing normal-looking, normal-colored dresses and just walking normally down the aisle, I promise they will refuse to participate.

Anyone noticed that the last 2 seasons the cops have been called in for some reason or another? How crazy do you have to be to get thrown out of a wedding venue?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have always wondered how they get their bridemaids to do some of the things they do. Unless my ladies are wearing normal-looking, normal-colored dresses and just walking normally down the aisle, I promise they will refuse to participate.

Anyone noticed that the last 2 seasons the cops have been called in for some reason or another? How crazy do you have to be to get thrown out of a wedding venue?
Oh god, the 26 year old with two? kids marrying the dumbass 19 year old? And she couldn't understand why his mother doesn't like her.
She's only with him because he's stupid enough to cater to her every whim. When he finally puts his foot down and says no, she'll take off again. It'll be glorious.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 10-17-2006, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
Oh god, the 26 year old with two? kids marrying the dumbass 19 year old? And she couldn't understand why his mother doesn't like her.
She's only with him because he's stupid enough to cater to her every whim. When he finally puts his foot down and says no, she'll take off again. It'll be glorious.
Most of these are humorous but that woman disgusted me!! Get someone your OWN AGE!!!! No sh*t his mom didn't like you. I call that marriage over in under 3 years. But she'll be sure to to have a least one kid with him.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, the chick who I think shocked me the absolute most was the woman who's mother-in-law was over an hour late to the ceremony. She said such horrible things about this woman. I'm not sure if they can ever be friends after see views the tape and see's what was said. I was in shock.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok, the chick who I think shocked me the absolute most was the woman who's mother-in-law was over an hour late to the ceremony. She said such horrible things about this woman. I'm not sure if they can ever be friends after see views the tape and see's what was said. I was in shock.

While I agree that was over the top I can't promise that I wouldn't have some harsh words as well if my mother in law was that late. Her son was getting married! How could she be an 1 1/2 late? Was there something more pressing to do that day?
Although her language was over the top.....
Old 10-17-2006, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I remember that one! While she was late, the bride was a total beeyotch, especially when she gets a little tipsy and starts mouthing off at the reception. Even if my future MiL was late to my ceremony, I think I'd just be really relaxed. Probably because I'll be late to my own wedding anyway

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 10-17-2006, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I looked on the website today. Sadly I'm thinking we may have seen all the new ones for the season b/c they've already shown 18 episodes and that's fairly close to what must regular TV shows shoot and call a season. Dang, now I'm going to have to go by season one on DVD to feed my fix!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
While I agree that was over the top I can't promise that I wouldn't have some harsh words as well if my mother in law was that late. Her son was getting married! How could she be an 1 1/2 late? Was there something more pressing to do that day?
Although her language was over the top.....
I guess I just feel that I have to treat my MIL like I would my own mom. No matter how wrong she was, that sort of disrespect just wouldn't be tolerated. Plus, its just one day. Yes its an important one, but one day she's gonna be the grandmother to your kids and inevitably in your life. The kinda stuff that bride said would be a barrier to future peaceful relationships in my family. You really can't take that back.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I guess I just feel that I have to treat my MIL like I would my own mom. No matter how wrong she was, that sort of disrespect just wouldn't be tolerated. Plus, its just one day. Yes its an important one, but one day she's gonna be the grandmother to your kids and inevitably in your life. The kinda stuff that bride said would be a barrier to future peaceful relationships in my family. You really can't take that back.
Oh I agree. Her behavior was out of control. You don't just marry the man, you marry his family. She did her fair share of damage. But did you see the way she spoke to her OWN parents??? You just have to wonder was she raised in a barn by wolves?

If my MIL did that to me I'd be mad but my rage wouldn't even be close to what that girl did!!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh I agree. Her behavior was out of control. You don't just marry the man, you marry his family. She did her fair share of damage. But did you see the way she spoke to her OWN parents??? You just have to wonder was she raised in a barn by wolves?

If my MIL did that to me I'd be mad but my rage wouldn't even be close to what that girl did!!
Co-sign. The whole situation was bananas. I would really be speechless if someone 'important' showed up that late. Its so random, that it wouldn't even be on my anxiety radar.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Now for anxiety.... what about the one who her flower vendor never even bothered to show up or call and cancel on the day of her wedding?