GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,560
2 members and 2,558 guests
baangelasteaxdy, JayhawkAOII

Old 11-24-2001, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Sister Friends,

Yes, I also like to post on different message boards, but lately I have been posting on Sgrhos and yours (Zetas). Interesting thread!

Serioussigma22
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-25-2001, 04:42 PM

As I mentioned before on a topic similar to this. I am a silent observer for the most part. And I have just about had enough of the cyber cliques. You know the "cool kids" mentality is enough to make me lose my lunch. It's funny how this mirrors exactly how it is on my campus. (You can always count on the same people to be down to earth and the others to just be walking stereotypes of their org.)

HOW COME God don't like ugly, but pretty is as pretty does. So does that make some people pretty ugly??

Last edited by ms. understood; 11-25-2001 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

You know, my friends and I have formed strong bonds through GC, and I guess some simply don't understand that. Therefore we too may be termed as a "cyber clique". This isn't the case for us at all, it's just that people can tell we have a good time and want to be a part of that and don't understand. We talk with eachother on a DAILY basis and are like a close knit family. We chat with all of GC when they IM or PM us, but our friendship is a bit more. Maybe if you got a bit closer to some or maybe even strike up a chat, you could see what I mean. There's nothing wrong with friendships right?
Old 11-25-2001, 06:35 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by exquizit
You know, my friends and I have formed strong bonds through GC, and I guess some simply don't understand that. Therefore we too may be termed as a "cyber clique". This isn't the case for us at all, it's just that people can tell we have a good time and want to be a part of that and don't understand. We talk with eachother on a DAILY basis and are like a close knit family. We chat with all of GC when they IM or PM us, but our friendship is a bit more. Maybe if you got a bit closer to some or maybe even strike up a chat, you could see what I mean. There's nothing wrong with friendships right?
Now lets not be silly, of course there is nothing wrong with friendships, we all know that. But there is something wrong with "The Air around GreekChat" as of late. For example this forum has had many interesting topics, and now after over 556 posts elsewhere you now choose to respond why?

P.S. not everyone wants to get "in" with your circle of GC friends, they just want to participate in a decent coversation, not get ignored in the flow of the conversation, not get belittled or be the butt of an "inside joke". Of course if people see a thread where people are having a "good time" they are going to want to post. If I'm not mistaken thats the purpose of this whole set-up right?

Last edited by ms. understood; 11-25-2001 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: ???

Quote:
Originally posted by novella000

On the other hand...
I have posted comments, and have deleted some of mine... But it's usually b/c I re-read what I posted and find that there was something I didn't like about my verbiage. Or perhaps the topic gets off the chain, and I would rather disassociate myself/my comments (sorta like walking away from the brawl). I agree with the person(s) who've posted and said that there is some hypersensitivity... So I usually, well, sometimes I re-read my posts, and if they sound antagonizing or sardonic, and I wasn't trying to be -- I have deleted them.
However, if I am piquing, then I usually offer an apology to the individual... Via PC, IM, or post... depends on who/how I offended.
I have to be careful, b/c I dooooo have a very sarcastic wit... And while it may be funny in person, on the web it's different. Sometimes, things/people get BENT. But those are the only times I'll really delete my posts. If no one really responds to a post or topic I bring up in a general manner, then I suppose that it wasn't of interest.
I agree with you Novella. Some posts get ignored for a day but then when everyone gets off from work or even during lunch break times it'll catch like wild fire. My opinions may not be appreciated by some but at least I expressed myself. If you don't get a reply, at least you know someone will view it.

Last edited by exquizit; 11-25-2001 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ms. understood

Now lets not be silly, of course there is nothing wrong with friendships, we all know that. But there is something wrong with "The Air around GreekChat" as of late. For example this forum has had many interesting topics, and now after over 556 posts elsewhere you now choose to respond why?

P.S. not everyone wants to get "in" with your circle of GC friends, they just want to participate in a decent coversation, not get ignored in the flow of the conversation, not get belittled or be the butt of an "inside joke". Of course if people see a thread where people are having a "good time" they are going to want to post. If I'm not mistaken thats the purpose of this whole set-up right?
Touche!
Old 11-25-2001, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to novella000
Re: Re: ???

Quote:
Originally posted by exquizit

I agree with you Novella. Some posts get ignored for a day but then when everyone gets off from work or even during lunch break times it'll catch like wild fire. My opinions may not be appreciated by some but at least I expressed myself. If you don't get a reply, at least you know someone will view it.
True true...
It's kinda like in general conversation... If no one laughs @ my joke, I am not going to feel disquieted over the matter. Speaking of vocal conversation, I am a listener a lot of the time. I am usually the one folks rely on for an open ear. But if I chose to participate in a conversation I realize that what I have to say may not warrant the appreciation of some.

On the other hand, I think I can perceive where some may be coming from... Kind of like being a new student in a new school, an entire lifetime -- maybe? Not sure.

I was reviewing my prior post in this topic -- I never addressed the question on hand (whoops )... Yes, I post -- when and where I find interest. I have no aversion to posting in other forums, although I will ignore some mess if it gets outta hand. Fun is fun, nice is nice, joke here joke there... But when I see peeps running on HIGH OCTANE, emotions and arms flailing... I begin backpedaling. LOL

Last edited by novella000; 11-25-2001 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Novella,

To answer your question, I say that my posts are ignored because no one responds to them. If no one responds to them, why not delete them. There is no point in taking up space with posts that are not going to spark conversation. It's not a matter of changing what I think. In fact, in the posts I delete I will usually ask a question of other forum members. I only delete the posts that I start myself and that is only if after a few days they get no response.
I am never apologetic. I stand firmly behind my opinions and generally only post after I have given some thought to the matter that I would discuss.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to novella000
Wink Little32

I understand what you're saying. Thanks for responding!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I say post anywhere if you have something to add or need help.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey there. only my second thread....brand new but wanted to say I was a Tri Delt @ U of A, Fayetteville AR and loved every minute!! Should rephrase......Still lovin it! I'm in Little Rock now, about 3 hrs away. I'm a personal trainer and during the summer I always get several of my Deltas back n the gym while they're on break. Its awesome hearing these precious young ladies (well sisters) talking about their college days! I'm definitely not young anymore but at least it makes me feel like I am!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

YEAH REALLY....GREEKS NEED TO UNITE AND TALK AND COMPARE IDEAS.......I LIVE IN MONTANA I JUST MOVED HERE FROM LOS ANGELES AND IT IS HARD TO FIND EVEN A COPTIC CHURCH HERE BECAUSE ITS SUCH A SMALL TOWN