GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,471
3 members and 2,468 guests
No Members online

Old 02-14-2013, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Re-recruitment in Spring 2013

So as many of you may know, I went through Formal Fall Recruitment in 2012 and had a very disappointing experience. If you haven't read the story, here it is: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=129035
Now, I'm going to be using the same names for chapters so go check there if you get confused.

Ever since I decided in the Fall that I was going to rush again, I had been checking my university's greek page for forms or any information whatsoever. About a week before winter break they posted a new form to fill out. I was so happy that I wanted to fill it out right away. But I wanted to wait until I got my grades in to see if I even could participate. So on December 24th, when I got my GPA of 3.3 (up from 2.7), I filled out that form at light speed. Then I waited and waited and waited...and waited some more, but heard nothing back from the Greek Life office. So I e-mailed them personally...and got no response. I was upset that no one even gave me the time of day.
But one day I was on the Facebook page of my university and saw that one sorority was going to have rush and contacted the recruitment chair and put my name down on the list for coffee with one of the sisters. I was inspired so I e-mailed each sorority individually to ask if they were going to do Spring Recruitment. I got a resounding "no" from all of them. And one of them, Jwoww, had gotten their charter taken away for hazing. But I was happy with just going to one sorority. So I met with one of the sisters for coffee and then went to the open house at their chapter house and met so many amazing girls. I kept thinking that if I didn't get in I'd be totally disappointed. They had told me 60 girls showed interest and they only had room for about 15, so I was totally freaking out. I thought I had made a good impression at the open house and made a connection with a lot of the girls I talked to.
I had to wait 2 days before they made a decision on who they were extending a bid to. I had butterflies in my stomach every second of those 2 days. The day they were supposed to call, at about 8pm, I saw an incoming call from the girl I had coffee with. I had to take a deep breath before I answered the phone. I answered cool and calm. She said to me "Would you be interested in accepting a bid from us?" I about DIED! I said "Of course! I'm so excited!" Then we talked business and I was jumping on my seat the whole time. I was going to be part of a sorority!!!!
I bet you're all wondering which fantastic sorority this is...well...it's RONNIE! Also known as...

DELTA GAMMA
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-14-2013, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and welcome to Delta Gamma! I'm so glad that not only did your recruitment work out a second time but that you'll be joining our amazing sisterhood

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

YAY for a DG ending! congratulations!!!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Yay! Welcome to Delta Gamma!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Welcome to our sisterhood. It's worth waiting for!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Wonderful!!! Congratulations to you and Delta Gamma! And thanks for letting us know!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATS! This is so similar to what happened to me this year. Glad your resilience paid off!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

PackPride!
So happy for you! DG on our campus has a great group of women and I'm so glad that you found your home with them !

Old 02-16-2013, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all so much! I'm so happy to be part of such an amazing sorority. Went to my first philanthropy event today and spent the day with adorable guide dog puppies. Can't wait to be fully initiated and spend tons of time with my sisters!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on Delta Gamma!

Continue to enjoy your new member period and your initiation, as it will be a memory you will cherish forever.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt