GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,420
0 members and 1,420 guests
No Members online

Old 10-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Banned

This is the nastiest season of A&E Hoarders. Are some of these people trying to be grosser than gross so that they can appear on the show?

I did chuckle during the opening scenes when one of the experts walked into a hoarded room only to find cups of urine on the floor and the hoarder (an old retired woman) on the floor "taking a nap." The expert yelled "OH MY GOSH" and the hoarder chuckled. LOL.

She has no working plumbing and has not had working heat for years. She uses the bathroom outside. She stays warm in the winter by laying down in the hoard. God bless her.

Last edited by DrPhil; 10-24-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Banned

Awwwww, the hoarder whose parents were famous in the 1950s. He was raised in privilege. All that he can talk about is how famous his parents were and how privileged he was. He has yet to grow up.

He had the most dense hoard that even the experts have ever seen. His whole apartment was a crowded closet. It gave me claustrophobia just by watching the episode.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm watching it right now, Dr. Phil. During the 8 pm episode, I giggled when the man stepped in a squishy bag of his mother's poo. Horrible, I know. The guy in NYC with the crammed apartment needs more help than this show can offer him. I feel like he needs to be hospitalized and completely assessed mentally. He is a harm to himself and his neighbors.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
I'm watching it right now, Dr. Phil. During the 8 pm episode, I giggled when the man stepped in a squishy bag of his mother's poo. Horrible, I know. The guy in NYC with the crammed apartment needs more help than this show can offer him. I feel like he needs to be hospitalized and completely assessed mentally. He is a harm to himself and his neighbors.
Both episodes are CRAZY.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

The Victorian lady is a nut! She got all dressed up for cleaning, with her earrings and matching saloon girl headpiece. Why is she always carrying that fan?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

House > crappy stuff.

But it looks like crappy stuff may result in losing house . . .
Old 10-25-2011, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Kevin: "You can definetly get buried in some piles...a similar televison to this one fell on top of me...dislocated my knee..."

Ten dollars the offending TV broke in the fall, but wasn't thrown out...

I'm sure I'll be back with more entertaining comments, as I shut off the cable in favor of Netflix and TV channel websites. A&E does a great job of keeping the shows updated

Last edited by *winter*; 10-25-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw an episode on rerun where a guy was going to be evicted from a shelter where he qualified for because he had been homeless. 2 days and they fixed the whole place and he truelly seemed to be ready for change and thankful for the help. I wish there were more episodes like that.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I just saw a commercial for an episode with a man who hordes with cats. The line from the commercial was, "How is it that you lose track of how many dead kittens are in your house?" Ahhhhhhh!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I just saw a commercial for an episode with a man who hordes with cats. The line from the commercial was, "How is it that you lose track of how many dead kittens are in your house?" Ahhhhhhh!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyAnn View Post
I saw an episode on rerun where a guy was going to be evicted from a shelter where he qualified for because he had been homeless. 2 days and they fixed the whole place and he truelly seemed to be ready for change and thankful for the help. I wish there were more episodes like that.
Yeah, that was when it first came out and the people were salvageable. This season, the houses aren't even structurally salvageable. Now it's like a contest to see who can stuff the most stuff, animals, dead animals and literal crap into one house.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned

I can't fathom what it would be like to live near that New Yorker's apartment. I'd be beyond angry that he was allowed to continue to put all the other tenants at risk. He needs much more help than cleaning out his apartment will provide.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the crew is with these hoarders for more than 2 days. I kept noticing on the newer episodes that the family members were talking about how they only had 4 days for this or 4 days for that. But then the counselor or organizer would keep saying how they needed to work because they only had 2 days to complete everything. A&E is getting sloppy with their editing.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

"It's the Mount Rushmore of hoarding- the ultimate hoard!"

Yes, that's Randy. Well, let's start by specifying we mean the human Randy. It's important to differentiate him from the dozens of mannequins he has fashioned after himself- complete with his own hair. To aid in the production of Future Randies, he saves all hair from haircuts, and being a hoarder, always has.

I think at some point he gets into an altercation with Matt Paxton, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

The other woman in this episode is pretty bad. Her 15 year old son has already dropped out of high school and hides in his room all day.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Banned

Back-to-back episodes.

Everytime I see this episode, I laugh at the same part:

The ex-ventriloquist's daughter walks into her childhood room and says "what the fuck...this was NOT like this...come to find out the puppets are having a party in my room...."