GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,449
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, bvelesyjnay197

Old 06-08-2005, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Dean: GOP a "white, Christian party"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/....ap/index.html

Mr. Dean....Howard...can I just call you insane senile geezer moron?

If you're saying the GOP is PRETTY MUCH a "white, christian" party, I'd like you to please look at the leaders and key people in your party and pleaee tell me what color skin and religion they are.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

He is an embaresment to poloticians every where.

Oh, never Mind, Hell, they are all embarresing!

Delay does His best to be the biggest crook and now Sam Brownback from Kansas ( ) is working on the stupid regimen!

Look for this snake oil salesman from Kansas to be running against Hillary in the future.

Once again no damn choice!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

Dean evidently is a black man with pagan beliefs since he is not in a white Christian party.

He was so black that "Russell Simmons, a loyal Democrat, met in Washington yesterday with Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman, but not with Democratic Party chief Howard Dean. "When it comes to reaching out to poor people and minorities, I think there's no enthusiasm on Howard's part, while Ken shows a real willingness to listen," Simmons told me."

He was so in touch with Democrats that this is what fellow Democratic leaders said after his comments a few days ago:

Dean ''doesn't speak for me with that kind of rhetoric, and I don't think he speaks for the majority of Democrats," Joe Biden, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said yesterday on ABC's ''This Week."

John Edwards said Dean ''is not the spokesman for the party."

Dean is ''a voice. I don't agree with it," Edwards, a former senator and the Democrats' vice-presidential nominee in 2004, said Saturday at a party fund-raising dinner in Nashville.

-Rudey
Old 06-08-2005, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Eh, I still like Dean. He certainly keeps things interesting. Anyway, isn't the republican party something like 85% white and Christian?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Eh, I still like Dean. He certainly keeps things interesting. Anyway, isn't the republican party something like 85% white and Christian?
I'm pretty sure it's about 85 percent white -- I don't have stats on the Christian part though.

A few people of color in high-profile spots (some of whom are clearly there to be the tokens) does not equal a diverse political party. Of course, that could be argued for most of the Democratic party as well.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

I have to admit, I like Dean. If I were still a hard-core party person, I'd probably be behind him all the way. I mean, that "yee-haw" of excitement was, well, terribly exciting!

As it stands, though, he's one of the best things that ever happened to the Republican party.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:23 PM
ADPiZXalum

Quote:
As it stands, though, he's one of the best things that ever happened to the Republican party.
That's what I was just thinking!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Dean: GOP a "white, Christian party"

Cause its true.

BTW, how much is Russell Simmons worth? Of course hes gonna be republican.

He probably should have clarified his statement by adding, "made up of old white men" at the end.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Dean: GOP a "white, Christian party"

Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver
Cause its true.
Stop it! You're interfering with the republican fantasy that they're actually diverse!
Old 06-09-2005, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Dean: GOP a "white, Christian party"

Quote:
Stop it! You're interfering with the republican fantasy that they're actually diverse!
It reminds me of an anecdote on diversity from my undergrad days. Was at one of our regional conferences for the fraternity and there was a chapter there that was FULL OF THEMSELVES. All through the 90's they thought hey were the ISHT.

(I wont tell you which school it was, but it was a four year univeristy, that had Methodist in its name, was in the DFW area and claims Laura Bush as an alum.)

Anyway, one of the first breakout sessions was on diversity. My chapter had just gotten there. There was 7 of us: two white guys, a black guy, two mexicans, an asian and an iranian. A brother from the 'methodist' university got up to speak and said, "We're probably one of the most diverse chapters around. In fact, we even have a catholic."

Yeah. He said that. Kinda reminds me of the Republicans. "were diverse. We even have a few women and a mexican."
Old 06-09-2005, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Re: Dean: GOP a "white, Christian party"

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaSigStan
If you're saying the GOP is PRETTY MUCH a "white, christian" party, I'd like you to please look at the leaders and key people in your party and pleaee tell me what color skin and religion they are.
And using that logic, we understand why people insist on calling NPC/NIC orgs "WGLOs".
Old 06-09-2005, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
I'm pretty sure it's about 85 percent white -- I don't have stats on the Christian part though.

A few people of color in high-profile spots (some of whom are clearly there to be the tokens) does not equal a diverse political party. Of course, that could be argued for most of the Democratic party as well.
Exactly - which is why what Dean said didn't make sense. The leadership of the Democratic party doesn't exactly scream diversity either. There's no reason for either party (or its supporters) to take a high and mighty stance on the issue.

I'm not too upset about it either way; it's all just part of the rhetoric.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a Catholic going to a Methodist University somewhat akin to a Methodist going to Notre Dame? The analogy just doesn't hold as much water as you'd like.

Quote:
Originally posted by KSig Kid
Exactly - which is why what Dean said didn't make sense. The leadership of the Democratic party doesn't exactly scream diversity either. There's no reason for either party (or its supporters) to take a high and mighty stance on the issue.

I'm not too upset about it either way; it's all just part of the rhetoric.
You got that right!!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: Dean: GOP a "white, Christian party"

Quote:
Love it.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Dean: GOP a "white, Christian party"

Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver
Cause its true.

BTW, how much is Russell Simmons worth? Of course hes gonna be republican.

He probably should have clarified his statement by adding, "made up of old white men" at the end.
How is it true?

How much is Russell worth? I'm not sure. Are Democrat candidates poor now? By the way the words "a loyal Democrat" followed his name in my post.

-Rudey