GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,263
2 members and 1,261 guests
FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 09-23-2001, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Do you post in other forums?

Do you post in other forums or read other forums on GC?

Personally, I read other forums other then ZPB, as well as post on some if the topic interests me. I don't see a problem with it, and don't feel like it's a slap in the face to my own beloved sorority. I have noticed that I don't see many other people other then my Sorors posting in this forum, and from the looks of things don't look like many others are visiting. Is it an explanation for that? I also noticed when I start a post on certain forums I get no replies, or very few, or my post gets deleted or told to do a search. What's really going on? This should be all love............
Old 09-23-2001, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow Speaking only for myself

Hello
I post all over the place. I have posted here a few times. When I post, I look for threads that interest me.

As a moderator, I find it to be unnecessary to post the same topic in more than one forum. If I am going to reply to the thread, I will reply where I first find it.

As far as doing a search, yes people should do that. A lot of topics are discussed more than once, i.e. relationships in one of their facets.

What I do is go to the main page and look at the list of topics that are being discussed currently. I am always going through the DST old threads to pull an old one back to the top.
Old 09-23-2001, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks

Thank you Crisomtide for your reply. I like the Delta board and find it very visitor friendly, never had a problem there.
I post the same question on 2 different forums today, my reasoning was that of course I was going to post in the Zeta forum, then I wanted to post on the forum that gets the most traffic, because not everyone visits my house.
As for searching, I actually did, looked at 78 pages, could not find my topic or anything close. Went back to Nov. ,99. How's that for searching? Unless it was under some off the wall subject line, I couldn't find it. But I respect everyones house rules, no biggie.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

When in Rome Do as

I know that a lot of people do not come to the Zeta forum but in a way that is good. You have the chance to get to know your sorors and build a tight little community.

As far as AKAs go and their policies for their forum, I can respect that. . . They have 1932(give or take) topics which is a whole lot of talking. Understandably they want topics that are not repeats. The same goes for DST, we have 600+ threads, at one time we had 800 but we cleaned shop and merged threads. If we kept all of the threads we had, it stands to reason that we don't need to see the same thread, here in the Zeta forum and in our house.

Our forums all have unique features. The more you interact across the street and around the corner, the more likely your neighbors will come down the street for a ZETA GC cookout -- metaphorically speaking.

Leave the lights on for us and we will be by.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Re: When in Rome Do as

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4

The more you interact across the street and around the corner, the more likely your neighbors will come down the street for a ZETA GC cookout -- metaphorically speaking.

Leave the lights on for us and we will be by.
It does work.

I'm not sure if your question was only for ZphiB or not. Personally speaking, I usually post all over the place as well.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Do you post in other forums?

Quote:
Originally posted by Special1920
I have noticed that I don't see many other people other then my Sorors posting in this forum, and from the looks of things don't look like many others are visiting. Is it an explanation for that?
I have a theory that would explain the behavior you are speaking of. In an effort to keep the shiznit from hitting the fan, I won't post it on the board.

For the record, I post wherever I see a topic that sparks my interest.
Old 09-24-2001, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GiggyZ
Re: Re: Do you post in other forums?

Quote:
Originally posted by MIDWESTDIVA

I have a theory that would explain the behavior you are speaking of. In an effort to keep the shiznit from hitting the fan, I won't post it on the board.

For the record, I post wherever I see a topic that sparks my interest.
I am interested in hearing your theory.
Old 09-24-2001, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
I too post where I see an interesting topic.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 09-24-2001, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Soror email me your theory, when you have time.
Old 09-24-2001, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not a Zeta. But I will email you and GiggyZ as soon as I get a chance.
Old 09-24-2001, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Soror,

I also post where I see a topic that interests me.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyPetite
To be honest, I check out most of the boards, but I only post where I like the current vibe.
Old 09-25-2001, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Any and all forums

When I login to GC, I go straight to "View New Posts". This allows me to read all of the recently posted threads and I post a reply in whatever thread that sparks my interest. I also visit the General Forums, and then each of the BGL sororities forums. So in a nutshell, yes, I too post everywhere.
Old 09-25-2001, 04:36 PM

I post on all the boards, when I see an interesting topic and when there's a Greek love vibe going on. As long as I feel my input will be welcomed. Whether I post or not, though...I'm always watching
Old 09-25-2001, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I like this one! Yes, I am one who posts all over the place and not just the BGLO's. Because of this, I have made some new cyber friends from all races and organizations. I post everywhere because I am like that (down to earth and nice) and because I didn't see any "rules" that told me not to. There are some boards honestly, where there is a certain "vibe" that is not too inviting but I ignore it and post anyway because I'm sorry yall, that is how I was raised -- to be nice to people. I don't know any other way to be and quite frankly don't understand people who aren't

When I had a desk job I posted all the time, anyway!! Now I'm back in the classroom and I miss this so right now I am trying to get my GC high back. Sorry I am so long-winded but I miss chatting with some of you.

BTW, Midwest tell me your news too. You've got my address.

Last edited by BlueReign; 09-25-2001 at 10:23 PM.