GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,296
1 members and 1,295 guests
bapitytts7552

Old 05-26-2016, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Congratulations to Hypo! Generallygreek graduates tomorrow. Today was non-sectarian baccalaureate, picnic lunch, President's reception, fine arts awards and reception. Tomorrow is graduation and the Pi Beta Phi reception. She and her little are wearing matching Lilly dresses both days, which is a "thing" in their chapter. I've been down here since last week, when she had her senior voice recital. On Monday, they had the senior BBQ with fireworks - it started to pour right after the fireworks, and she called me to come pick up a group of her sisters. We were all joking that it was like they were back in middle school getting a ride from their parents.

Where did the time go???
And Congratulations to Generallygreek! So incredible that it's over already!
Old 05-28-2016, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

We're just getting home from the Minnesota science museum. They gave away black hole sized marbles. I got one! It's hilarious because the marbles look like normal black marbles, but they're about as heavy as a 16lb bowling ball! How they made these is beyond my thought process, but it's amazing! lol.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 05-29-2016, 07:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
We're just getting home from the Minnesota science museum. They gave away black hole sized marbles. I got one! It's hilarious because the marbles look like normal black marbles, but they're about as heavy as a 16lb bowling ball! How they made these is beyond my thought process, but it's amazing! lol.
I don't get it?
Old 05-29-2016, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I don't get it?
https://youtu.be/i0Q3yk7KzYA

Hope that helps.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 05-29-2016, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Sent my kid on a plane, not to return to school, but to start living her own life now. I'm so proud of her, but this is much harder than I ever dreamed it would be.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I hope all goes well...sounds like he's in good hands!
Thanks! He's doing really well and is now able to walk without a sling. He started Physical Therapy yesterday and did really well. We've pulled out a twin mattress and are taking turns sleeping in the living room with him. lol

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Glad to hear he's doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Not only did it not help, I now have one more thing to worry about! lol

Seriously, though, I'd really like to know what that marble is made of, to weigh 16 lbs. They didn't tell you?
Old 06-02-2016, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
^^^ Glad to hear he's doing well!

Not only did it not help, I now have one more thing to worry about! lol

Seriously, though, I'd really like to know what that marble is made of, to weigh 16 lbs. They didn't tell you?
Lol it didn't help me either. I don't understand how they equate.

CG should have been an astronomer instead of a vet Lol
Old 06-03-2016, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

At the airport heading to San Jose. Going to see the Sharks play tomorrow night. First time to watch the Stanley Cup live. I am beyond excited....
Old 06-03-2016, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xibair View Post
At the airport heading to San Jose. Going to see the Sharks play tomorrow night. First time to watch the Stanley Cup live. I am beyond excited....
Hope you enjoy the game. I live in SF. The media hype has focused on the Warriors and not on the Sharks. Hopefully, the Sharks will pull off a win.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm pleasantly surprised that more hasn't been made of the fraternity party the Stanford rapist and his victim attended. As soon as I saw "fraternity party" in the initial headline, I was expecting the media to run with it. Glad they didn't.

I'm not the type to wish bad things on others, but I have to hope that karma has a thing or two in store for Brock Turner (and his dad, based on the sympathy he's attempting to garner for his son instead of his son's victim) since his sentence doesn't seem to fit his crime.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised that more hasn't been made of the fraternity party the Stanford rapist and his victim attended. As soon as I saw "fraternity party" in the initial headline, I was expecting the media to run with it. Glad they didn't.

I'm not the type to wish bad things on others, but I have to hope that karma has a thing or two in store for Brock Turner (and his dad, based on the sympathy he's attempting to garner for his son instead of his son's victim) since his sentence doesn't seem to fit his crime.
Could not have said this better. I also expected a storm of anti-Greek hatred, which I haven't yet seen.

I did see that Stanford has expelled BT, and that he is not permitted on the campus. I sent a letter to the NCAA, requesting that he be barred by participation in NCAA events.

How's that for "20 minutes of action"?
Old 06-09-2016, 12:14 AM

When I visit my father (who lives about an hour's drive away), he usually takes me out to dinner at the local Morton's. The valet staff must know me as "that chick with the banged-up Acura with the out-of-state plates and the old guy that needs a walker" ... and they notice me helping my father to the door, and bring my car around without asking for the ticket.

Said banged-up Acura is currently in the shop, thanks to an unfortunate encounter with another driver who chose to try to violate the law of conservation of space (i.e. she rear-ended me) amongst other laws (e.g. stay in your own f*cking lane).

So, I drove my husband's car down to visit my father this week. And when we arrived at Morton's, guess what ... the valet staff didn't recognize me, my father, his need for a walker, or the car.

I'm not surprised. But it's totally understandable. And, as always, I tipped well.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post

What he did was so heinous, and the punishment he received was so minimal that I don't believe it leaves any room for people to be outraged over the Greek life aspect of this story.

And did you also read the letter from BT's friend (I believe the first name is Leslie; can't remember the last name). He/she also defended Turner and made it seem like he was the victim of the whole ordeal. Sickening.

ETA: Ironically, I just jumped over to check out the news, and here is the lead story. Some of those character witnesses, including Leslie Rasmussen, are retracting their statements:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/brock-turne...ry?id=39716863

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 06-09-2016 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Heading to see game 4 of the NBA finals early on Friday. GO DUBBS!!
Then I have my 35th HS class reunion on Saturday.
Then my great nephew's baptism and luncheon on Sunday.

Back home to SF on Monday. Whirl wind of activities in Cleveland.