GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,281
5 members and 1,276 guests
acg233, John, Phrozen Sands, Sarak24034

Old 09-09-2002, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear LSU ___, Why did you lie?

Dear_____,

Now that rush has ended and all the PNMs are happy in their houses, I feel compelled to ask why you felt you had to lie? Where you so afraid of rushing against DG you had to tell the PNMs they were on PROBATION and would not have EXCHANGES this year? How sad.

I'm sure you expected all the PNMs to buy into your story, but guess what, many chose DG anyway, even believing what you said was true. Others checked it out and saw you for what you are...liars and dirty rushers. Did you honestly think no one would talk about your actions? This desperate type of action gets around you know and tarnishes the image of your entire chapter.

Will they contact Panhellenc? Hmmm tough one to say. They do have witnesses. (Pleae note that is PLURAL) Why don't you all just stew about it and wonder if probation may be coming YOUR way!

I'm really sorry you weren't content with the girls who would choose you honestly. So sad you felt DG was cutting into your "turf". My daughter once respected your organization. Now, not only have you lost her respect, but the respect of all those who will hear about it-AND HAVE NO DOUBT PEOPLE LOVE TO TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF!

When you are strong, honest and respected,you don't even THINK of stooping to that level! Good luck NEXT year-remember KARMA!
__________________________________________________ __
_OK, got that off my chest! Please no one PM me, The people who need to know-know! My graduate friend with wedding bells-It was not you guys.

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO GET IT OFF THEIR CHEST! We all know this CRAP goes on!

Last edited by justamom; 09-10-2002 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow justamom, that really does suck. How horrible.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Old 09-09-2002, 11:10 PM

Yikes!

Christin
Old 09-10-2002, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Dear LSU ___, Why did you lie?

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO GET IT OFF THEIR CHEST! We all know this CRAP goes on! [/B]
Justamom ~ I feel you and couldn't agree more. My chapter was victim to this kind of dirty rushing at least a couple of years that I am aware of. It was frustrating, especially to find out after rush was over and panhellenic did nothing about it. I wouldn't even know how to interject nasty rumors about other sororities into the rush conversations but maybe that's b/c I like to play by the rules. I definitely sympathize with the DG chapter you are referring to.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry Getting it off MY chest!!

I really enjoyed the fact that the other greeks were pulling for my chapter during rush when the chapters numbers were very low ("We are supporting you" We're behind you all the way" "You're doing a great job") and THEN I hear about rush infractions left and right by the others to get new members. How is that supporting the smaller chapter? Good Lord, I wanted to ask them what their founders would think of their actions!! They would probably just look at me and go "HUH?"

Anyways, we got the ones who wanted to be an AST because of what we stood for and what we believe in, not because we had a pretty, frilly rush party. It's been that way for years, and we're still here!! PLUS, this chapter has FIVE of it's alumnae currently serving in National Staff Positions (ABOVE the chapter advisor level).

It's not for 4 years, it's ANCHORED FOR LIFE!!!!

ahem. . .I feel better!! Thank you for listening!!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
all i can say is it sucks that stuff like that would ever happen..kudos to DG for ending up with the best girls though!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
JAM,
Is this an actual letter that you have sent or are you just venting?

I am glad that everything worked out for the best for you daughter's chapter.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nwsigkap
Angry I hate liars!!

That totally sucks! I don't understand why people are such cutthroat liars, don't they know it will catch up with them in the long run? Way to go DG for being classy though!

Last edited by nwsigkap; 09-13-2002 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy eeek

how sad...
props to dg's for surviving it.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Cream-I was venting! My daughter called last night to tell me about her Lil Sis, plus we are bringing some things to her this weekend. The way she told the story was so funny, they were at a meeting and going over their social calandar. They had 2 exchanges last week and there are 2 this week...

She saw or should I say OBSERVED a group of pledges in an obvious quandry, so asked what was up and that's when they told her about the story that sorority was putting out. Of course at first she and her friends listening were upset-they won't forget this either-but then, she goes you know Mom, we got every girl we "went after" and at least we know they are here for the sisterhood! But then, that's her-she always sees the bright spot.

I think the little ploy backfired-I know they only took one from our area where in the past, it was many more. SEVERAL DG pledges attended their Pref and chose DG. So, maybe DG lost a few over thier story, but THAT sorority lost a whole lot more. I honestly hope (old gypsy curse here?) they reap what they sew for years to come!
Old 09-10-2002, 10:25 AM

Wow, are we feeling the panhellenic love or what??!

I can't believe the things that people will do, just to get members in an organization!! That story about the "mom dying" is so incredibly heinous - as someone who actually HAS had to deal with her mother's death (and who actually DID have her sisters show up) I just want to smack upside the head anyone who would use a false story like that for personal gain.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

JAM - you bet they will reap what they sew -- they will end up with women who either A) wanted to be somewhere else in their hearts and will feel NO LOYALTY whatsoever when they find out they were tricked into this decision or B) will now think that it is okay to have total disregard the rules and for panhellenic sisterhood. Great. What a wonderful way to build your organization!
Three cheers for your daughter (and DG) for being so gracious...
Old 09-10-2002, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Justamom,
Really this is the kind of thing that makes me so upset. What kind of education program does the chapter in question have? Do they place any emphasis on their founding values? I think rush really seperates the women from the girls and it's where you really see evidence of the moral fiber of a chapter.

However, look how well DG did, young women pledged them thinking that they would not have any social activities for an entire year! This has clearly resulted in Delta Gamma gaining women who are truly intrested in the deeper aspects of sisterhood.
Rah rah for DG
Old 09-10-2002, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Personally....

...I hate that this kind of crap is going on and I encourage Justamom to write a note to the main hqtrs of the particular sorority -- I am sure they do not want their sorority's reputation besmirched by these kind of antics. The letter can be totally friendly and helpful, saying that "If it were my sorority doing this I would sure want to know as soon as possible to nip it in the bud, etc" If the sorority's nat'l officers are worth anything -- and not like their LSU chapter apparently is -- they will do something about it. Notifying them is the right thing to do, IMHO, esp if Panhel at LSU chooses to look the other way. A copy of your letter could go to NPC Hqtrs as well as the LSU Panhel office. Don't be mean in the letter though that is the gut reaction -- just sound as genuinely concerned as possible.

Last edited by GPhiBLtColonel; 09-10-2002 at 02:31 PM.