GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,484
0 members and 2,484 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Can an interest change his interest?

I've seen and heard of interest catching alot of flack for changing their interest from one organization to another. Is this a bad thing to do? I have made the mistake of showing interest to another organization for the wrong reasons and have come back to my original choice. Would it be a bad thing to even pursue Alpha or should I just remain an individual. I accept all comments good and bad. I would like to know what to expect if I pursue Alpha now.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-17-2005, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to laidbackfella Send a message via AIM to laidbackfella Send a message via Yahoo to laidbackfella
Folks are back to blogging again.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Can an interest change his interest?

Quote:
Originally posted by uptownsfinest
I've seen and heard of interest catching alot of flack for changing their interest from one organization to another. Is this a bad thing to do? I have made the mistake of showing interest to another organization for the wrong reasons and have come back to my original choice. Would it be a bad thing to even pursue Alpha or should I just remain an individual. I accept all comments good and bad. I would like to know what to expect if I pursue Alpha now.
So you originally wanted to be an Alpha, then you switched to Kappa and they hurt your feelings and now you want to be an Alpha again? Umm...."remain an individual" (as if one ceases to be an individual once they join an organization) and follow the advice of your signature.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 05-18-2005, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Too Funny!

Looks like SKEEphistAKAte was right!

http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showth...62#post1008462

In the Kappa Alpha Psi forum, he is talking like he is greek. What's going on with the "we" this, "we" that? I don't know maybe my interpretation of his post is just that, an interpretation.

Po' baby.

Last edited by The Truth; 05-18-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Too Funny!

Now that's "the the truth!"
Quote:
Originally posted by The Truth
Looks like SKEEphistAKAte was right!

http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showth...62#post1008462

In the Kappa Alpha Psi forum, he is talking like he is greek. What's going on with the "we" this, "we" that? I don't know maybe my interpretation of his post is just that, an interpretation.

Po' baby.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

A Message for uptownsfinest!

Hotep Brothers. "Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you."[Rev. 16:15]

Uptownsfinest, I suggest to take notice of the above stated and take notice to govern your desires and interest very closely.

P.S. An Alphaman is ALWAYS nearby closer than one knows!

Last edited by PHAShriner/1906; 05-18-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

The president of my grad chapter openly admits that he wanted to be a member of Omega Psi Phi, only he read the Alpha history book while looking for the Omega book and changed his mind. I don't think there is anything wrong with being "interested" in one organization and changing your mind if you find out more info or something like that.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GammaPhi1906
The president of my grad chapter openly admits that he wanted to be a member of Omega Psi Phi, only he read the Alpha history book while looking for the Omega book and changed his mind. I don't think there is anything wrong with being "interested" in one organization and changing your mind if you find out more info or something like that.
Right. The way to do it is to keep your interest to yourself until you have finished your research. And even then no one needs to know until you go to the smoker. But if you are telling the world of your interest in xyz and then change your mind to abc, chances are you will need to wait until grad chapter in another state to pursue abc.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 05-21-2005, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks for all the feedback. As a rebuttle to some above comments, I say "we" as black people. As far as getting my feelings hurt, definitely not the case. I realize that I am not a man that is fit for KAPsi. There is still much love for the org, just not for me. I have love for all greeks and any positive organization for that matter. But thanks for everything.
Closed Thread