GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Nu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,202
0 members and 2,202 guests
No Members online

Old 08-06-2007, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Websites

In this day and age I think it's crazy if your chapter does not have a website. Domains are like $8 a year now. And most schools even provide free web server space to student organizations.

Arkansas boys - any reason why the great Gamma Upsilon doesn't have a website???

Hell, I'll build it for you if you want
Old 08-06-2007, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

What? Someone doesn't have a website? Dang... come on people. I love y'all like brothers (well, because we all are an all, minor details) but still... there comes a point where you've gotta say screw it and get it done.

Here's out website: http://www.sigmanumsstate.com/ ...it needs updating, though...alot.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

We've apparently been having hosting issues. I don't know the specifics though.

When it works, we have a very well designed website.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-06-2007, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNUIGC View Post
What? Someone doesn't have a website? Dang... come on people. I love y'all like brothers (well, because we all are an all, minor details) but still... there comes a point where you've gotta say screw it and get it done.

Here's out website: http://www.sigmanumsstate.com/ ...it needs updating, though...alot.
SNUIGC,

I was looking through all the new posts and noticed that your chapter uses the company I work for. If you have any questions about updating the website please PM me.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Kevin, when it's up, that UCO SN site is very nice.

I really like MTSU's site. Ton's of info and pictures. Very glad they are back on campus already.
http://www.sigmanumtsu.com/

Nebraska's is fairly new, and nice: http://www.sigmanu-unl.com (I dig house tours).

Bowling Green's site is very clean: http://www.bgsigmanu.com/
Old 08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Ours just got redesigned (twice actually) and isn't quite finished. Theres still some typos and images missing, and I need to rewrite the history and house section.

http://www.sigmanu-su.org

Getting this thing up was a fucking nightmare. I got appointed as Historian and Recorder after the previous guy sucked so bad he had to be replaced, and wanted to change our website which was terrible. After alot of politicking I managed to sell the idea of an external server and domain to the rest of Exec, which was made up entirely of burnt out seniors who were graduating that year.

I wanted a domain like "sigmanustetson.org", but they blocked it with two of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard.

A) We might get sued for using Stetson's name...while we're an officially recognized organization on campus...riiiight.

B) Burnt out Seniors hated Stetson with a passion and didn't want to "advertise" the school. This one made me want to punch someone. Its a DOMAIN! The only people who see it will have already come here!

So in the end I had to pick sigmanu-su.org (for Stetson University) which sounds like some sort of martial art. Fortunately, all the irrational seniors are now gone.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

The new Stetson site looks great man. I especially liked the little house-tour. That place looks huge; and I love the middle patio setup.

Your housing is admin'd by 5th Point Properties now isn't it?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZK761 Send a message via MSN to ZK761 Send a message via Yahoo to ZK761
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrphi View Post
SNUIGC,

I was looking through all the new posts and noticed that your chapter uses the company I work for. If you have any questions about updating the website please PM me.
I talked to Chris Healy quite often about this issue. He tells me about how he tries to get the colonies to use Chapter Communications for their website. My question for other chapters who use it, is how do you guys like it. I usually do all the website work for our chapter and was recently trying to convince the chapter to use this company. I'd just like to know more about them.

http://www.sigmanufresno.org
Old 08-06-2007, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZK761 View Post
I talked to Chris Healy quite often about this issue. He tells me about how he tries to get the colonies to use Chapter Communications for their website. My question for other chapters who use it, is how do you guys like it. I usually do all the website work for our chapter and was recently trying to convince the chapter to use this company. I'd just like to know more about them.

http://www.sigmanufresno.org
I like the scroll over the guys name shows his nickname that is cool.

I wouldn't mind talking to you about a website if you want to do a commercial site. I have a small business that would benefit from a fairly simple website with e commerce capabilities. Hit me up with a private message if you are interested I don't have a great deal of money to spend but I can give you details of some ideas I have.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, supposedly there is somebody on that, should be up by rush I think. I need to ask about that again.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ealymc
University of Central Arkansas - Conway, AR

www.lambdaphi.net

I think it is pretty updated, but I did graduate last December, so no promises...
Old 09-06-2007, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaNuHX766
Ours is currently broken, as we're doing a server migration, but here's the link:

www.SigmaNuODU.com

In the mean time, we at least put our Rush calendar on there... We're doing mainly Rush Coordination through Facebook because of the ease of mass-messaging (for Brothers as well as potentials).
--Since 1869--
S N E T T