GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,387
0 members and 1,387 guests
No Members online

Old 05-20-2003, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy I must admit that because of all of these reality tv shows. . .

Folks,

I'm just a bit upset with the networks because the major networks have too many reality series on and I would just like to see a decent sitcom once in a while. Even though I enjoy my detective drama shows there are way too many of them airing as well. Can't a sista just watch an half hour of mindless comedies? I know that ABC and CBS are trying but their shows are boring. I'm sorry but I don't like my "Wife and Kids" or Everybody Loves that @##hole Raymond." I just need to do some venting and now I much better.

Serioussigma22

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-21-2003, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

hey when American Idol is over then I can take your side
Old 05-21-2003, 10:37 AM

CTFU!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SeriousSigma22
Everybody Loves that @##hole Raymond."
thank heaven there's someone else out there who doesn't understand this show's appeal. it's just boring, and his voice is annoying.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
Re: I must admit that because of all of these reality tv shows. . .

Quote:
[B]I'm sorry but I don't like my "Wife and Kids" [B]
But did you ever check out the show that comes on after My Wife and Kids? If not check it out next season. It's called the George Lopez show, and I think it's hella-funny, especially the mother Bennie.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 05-21-2003, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: I must admit that because of all of these reality tv shows. . .

Quote:
Folks,

I'm sorry but I don't like .... Everybody Loves that @##hole Raymond." Serioussigma22

My mother loves this show. Her mother-in-law behaved just like Ray's mom. My mom can relate to Debra's frustration.

Just try to wait out the reality shows. Try watching PBS. You can learn while you wait. You can go on under sea adventures, back in time and learn about extinct civilizations, and don't forget TeleTubbies!!!!
Old 05-23-2003, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BirthaBlue4
The only "reality" shows I like are Trading Spaces and While you were out. And I've been known to get caught up with the Real (Fake) World a few times. But the rest of this mess is full of crap. Its the networks way of making a buttload of money without spending any and regular Joe's can get their 15 minutes of fame. So now there are some poor people who WANT to be entertainer that don't have any work.

I think the worst examples of how far this has gone is the Sexy Person show, which I watched NONE of, and the Ms. Dog America, which is coming on some channel, I just remember seeing the commercial.

And a lot of these musical shows are a waste. American Idol turned out to be a winner for Kelly and I'm SURE for Ruben. And Star Search has turned out MORE than a few stars back in the day. But what happened to Pop Stars? Eden's Crush and Scene 23? And O-Town. And Puffy's group from his show?? They make this big to-do on TV and then they POOF into mist.

Last edited by BirthaBlue4; 05-23-2003 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BirthaBlue4
...and a lot of these musical shows are a waste. American Idol turned out to be a winner for Kelly and I'm SURE for Ruben. And Star Search has turned out MORE than a few stars back in the day. But what happened to Pop Stars? Eden's Crush and Scene 23? And O-Town. And Puffy's group from his show?? They make this big to-do on TV and then they POOF into mist.

you know i was wondering about puffy's making the band. are these young folks going to do anything? are we ever going to hear from them?
Old 05-23-2003, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Quote:
Originally posted by RHOyal-Silence
you know i was wondering about puffy's making the band. are these young folks going to do anything? are we ever going to hear from them?
Part of the reason might have been that Puffy has not had a distribution deal for, I believe, the past year. Now that he has one with Arista, he's getting ready to release a ton of albums frim his artists starting this summer.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 05-24-2003, 07:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

And another thing! That dawg-on NBS is planning on showing a bunch of Reality TV Shows for the summer. I guess that I won't be watching to much television this summer. More time to enjoy the great outdoors, family members, and good friends.

Serioussigma22
Old 05-29-2003, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Voyor-ism (sp?)

Hmmm, just curious does the proliferation & popularity of reality shows say anything about americans having voyoristic tendencies?
Old 05-29-2003, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think it is so much voyerism (sp?), but like someone has said, the reality shows are cheap and easy to make. At first they were fun to watch because they were so different, but now they have done every possible topic that can be done. There is a new one comming on FOX I think where '...a lucky viewer can be chosen to appear in a reality show.', which probably means the producers have run out of ideas so now they are left with the general public as guests.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Exactly!

Girl, now a days they got Reality everything....they are pulling the viewing audience now. Nobody is safe.

What was the first reality show you watched? What is your favorite?

For me, I'm still a die hard COPS fan. Its TV with a purpose. lol I'm still waiting to see someone I know.....Yikes!
Old 05-30-2003, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

There is a thread in this forum, I think, about the tv show 'Cheaters'. That is my favorite reality show. Some people I really feel for when they are cheated on, some are just too funny. If you get caught, don't deny it.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Sadly enough is enough! They all need to be put out to pasture! Bring back the sitcoms, bring back the sitcoms, and while their bringing them back -take your time a create a quality tv show.

Serioussigma22
Old 05-31-2003, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sadly enough is enough! They all need to be put out to pasture! Bring back the sitcoms, bring back the sitcoms, and while their bringing them back -take your time a create a quality tv show.

Serioussigma22

That would take thought and creativity, and actually finding out what people WANT to watch.