GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,505
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, babradaittle863
» Online Users: 2,015
3 members and 2,012 guests
No Members online

Old 03-09-2014, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

What? No Dawson's Creek skit? ; - )
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-09-2014, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
DrPhil, I was going to say that Golden Girls is the kind of "retro" we're talking about that would actually work well. Oh, and please tell me what song you guys did that had people jamming to Butterfly Kisses (BLEEEAAAHHH) instead.
The first time I was ever in a strip club (courtesy of a few fraternity friends my freshman year of college), one of the first strippers danced to a BK remix. The song is toeing the creepy line to begin with, but in my mind, it's WAY OVER.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
What came to mind to me right away is Hey, you could do a MAUDE theme! Never heard of it? That's the point.
Laughing because I've heard of it and now I have the song stuck in my heard lol

Clemsongirl--I like the idea of doing "The Voice" you mentioned with the four judges.

I think in a few years, Frozen will be a great Disney skit when current elementary school girls get to college. Great songs and great theme about sisterhood and sacrifice.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPiEE View Post
I think in a few years, Frozen will be a great Disney skit when current elementary school girls get to college. Great songs and great theme about sisterhood and sacrifice.
Why wait? Most of my high school girls have seen it, love it and have downloaded the songs to their iPods. Frozen could be a good theme next year!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Why wait? Most of my high school girls have seen it, love it and have downloaded the songs to their iPods. Frozen could be a good theme next year!
My entire campus is OBSESSED with that movie. I feel like the only person I know who hasn't seen it! When it snowed here a few weeks back all anyone could sing was "Do You Want To Build A Snowman". There would definitely be enough PNM recognition for that to work as a skit, IMO.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Agreed. I think Frozen would be a great theme! Chapters back in my day were doing Disney themed skits based on recent releases; think this would work well.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
My entire campus is OBSESSED with that movie. I feel like the only person I know who hasn't seen it! When it snowed here a few weeks back all anyone could sing was "Do You Want To Build A Snowman". There would definitely be enough PNM recognition for that to work as a skit, IMO.
Glad to know college girls like it too. I haven't seen the movie but my daughter listens to it nonstop and the songs are great!

"Do you wanna be an XYZ?" instead of of "Do you want to build a snowman"
Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a feeling that the OP wanted our advice but isn't going to take it as she has "blown off" the thread thus far.
But then again, some people come on greekchat claiming they want "advice" but they really just want us to say that they are right.

To the OP: I really, really hope that I am wrong, that you are reading our advice and that you are LISTENING to your sisters! We aren't saying these things to hurt your feelings but to HELP your chapter become successful, especially as a reinstalled chapter.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

As a new chapter, I'm confident that she has the support from our national organization to use a great skit.

Good luck Alphadeltapie and know that we're all supporting you! Keep us posted
Old 03-14-2014, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you everyone for the input. And just so the few of you who were quite opinionated can sleep tonight, we will put this skit theme in the can. Thanks again for taking the time to respond, I appreciate the advice!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadeltapie View Post
Thank you everyone for the input. And just so the few of you who were quite opinionated can sleep tonight, we will put this skit theme in the can. Thanks again for taking the time to respond, I appreciate the advice!
Good. But, trust, they weren't losing sleep over this.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadeltapie View Post
Good - I vote for a Frozen skit.

Sisterhood, great songs, classic feel-good Disneyness. Plus, I think that PNMs who haven't seen the movie will have seen commercials for it and been able to get the gist of the plot. It's not terribly common that a new movie comes out that's perfect for a recruitment skit - you should capitalize on the timeliness.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Good. But, trust, they weren't losing sleep over this.
I know, it was a joke.

I'll see if I can find anything about Frozen, I haven't seen the movie but it sounds like a good idea. Everyone is talking about it.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
I have a feeling that the OP wanted our advice but isn't going to take it as she has "blown off" the thread thus far.
But then again, some people come on greekchat claiming they want "advice" but they really just want us to say that they are right.

To the OP: I really, really hope that I am wrong, that you are reading our advice and that you are LISTENING to your sisters! We aren't saying these things to hurt your feelings but to HELP your chapter become successful, especially as a reinstalled chapter.
I wasn't blowing off the thread, I was on vacation but I finally got to read through all of the replies, I'm shocked so many people replied! I really do appreciate the responses and I hope you all don't think I'm stuck-up and I was just looking for affirmation. Its nice to know people actually care and want to help. I think I had my questions answered and I'll see what I can do from here.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't seen the movie either but that song let it go is SOOO annoying. However, it's the kind of annoying that is also the ultimate earworm, so maybe a good choice for a rush skit.