GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,777
1 members and 1,776 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Ole Miss Panhellenic Recruitment Registration Opens on 5/14/12 at 12:00am.
Thank you for posting this... my daughter is getting very excited.

I have to admit that this is bringing back all my memories of my collegiate chapter and I am so glad that she has decided to go through recruitment at Ole Miss.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

While there is no minimum grade to participate in Ole Miss Panhellenic Recruitment potential new members should know that virtually all of the Chapters on campus require a 3.0 GPA to carry the PNM through to Preference Party. This is a competitive recruitment campus and Letters of Reference and Recommendations should be considered to be necessary.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

An anonymous Ole Miss Sorority Girl created this cute video about recruitment. Seems to hit the high points of what a PNM needs to know. http://youtu.be/hdTahnO69E4
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

"Don't dress like a hoe." LOL!

The ironic thing is that the examples she showed would have been hoes back in the day.

How times have changed...

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
Most definitely!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 PM

Nike shorts and shoes? Really? That just seems like so...the opposite of Southern propriety to me.

Spell check would have been nice too. Just sayin'.

Although I did literally LOL at this: "I suggest you pretend you are interested in the skits, even if they suck."
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
"Don't dress like a hoe." LOL!

The ironic thing is that the examples she showed would have been hoes back in the day.

She makes a good point though. The last time I went home, which I think was 3 years ago, I almost died at the girls on the Square dressing like Jersey Shore. I literally STOPPED dead in the road, asked my bf, "What the crap is happening," and went to Ajax (restaurant on the Square). A friend of mine was bartending and I asked him what was up with the Jersey Shore. He said the look had taken over recently. Sad and scary what some of these good Southern girls were wearing.

I think my favorite part was the Grove attire. Of course in my time we called it Grovewear. Either way, I knew EXACTLY what she had in mind. Great video!
To seek the truth and defend it always;"
- Dorothy Mumford Williams, The Delta Zeta Creed
Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

"I promise you like will go one" is possible the best motivational quote ever
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
An anonymous Ole Miss Sorority Girl created this cute video about recruitment. Seems to hit the high points of what a PNM needs to know. http://youtu.be/hdTahnO69E4

Really liked the video. It was nice of her to take the time and effort to make it. :-)

Like some of the others, the Nike shorts thing really throws me. I mentioned that to my daughter, and she was already aware of it and thought it was "cool." (I'm more of the mindset of not wearing gym shorts or gym shoes unless I'm at the gym. LOL!) I guess it's a generational thing. :-)
Old 04-27-2012, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss is really good about providing information to the PNM's. I think I remember the booklet they send out has outfit pictures in it.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Nike shorts and shoes? Really? That just seems like so...the opposite of Southern propriety to me.

Spell check would have been nice too. Just sayin'.

Although I did literally LOL at this: "I suggest you pretend you are interested in the skits, even if they suck."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerdeltaz View Post
Really liked the video. It was nice of her to take the time and effort to make it. :-)

Like some of the others, the Nike shorts thing really throws me. I mentioned that to my daughter, and she was already aware of it and thought it was "cool." (I'm more of the mindset of not wearing gym shorts or gym shoes unless I'm at the gym. LOL!) I guess it's a generational thing. :-)
I don't get the Nike shorts thing, either. I can understand that sometimes a trend just takes over and transcends the time/place for which it was originally meant, but this sounds like a case of trendy vs. fashionable. Fashionable is about being aware of the current and flattering styles, and incorporating them tastefully into your wardrobe. Trendy is about falling prey to any crazy fad that emerges, and can lead to major cases of "What was I thinking?" when you look back at college photos. (I believe the same holds true for sorority house architecture, if y'all know what I mean coughmidcenturymoderncough)

I think it's funny that the advice to wear deodorant appears twice in this video.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ole Miss is really good about providing information to the PNM's. I think I remember the booklet they send out has outfit pictures in it.

I didn't even realize they would be getting a booklet. Is that something they send out after the girls have registered for recruitment?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerdeltaz View Post
I didn't even realize they would be getting a booklet. Is that something they send out after the girls have registered for recruitment?
Yes, once a PNM is registered for recruitment they will receive a copy of the Angelia which is all about recruitment at Ole Miss. I believe they actually get it once they arrive on campus in August. It will list things like what to wear, chapter information, schedule, costs, etc, etc...
Old 04-27-2012, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
Yes, once a PNM is registered for recruitment they will receive a copy of the Angelia which is all about recruitment at Ole Miss. I believe they actually get it once they arrive on campus in August. It will list things like what to wear, chapter information, schedule, costs, etc, etc...
Isn't it a little late to give them "what to wear" info once they are already there?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Isn't it a little late to give them "what to wear" info once they are already there?
Our recruitment happens in late September so there should be time to make adjustments (See first post.)

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 04-27-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Sounded unintentionally snippy.