GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,693
1 members and 1,692 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 09-24-2014, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

As someone who also had their favorite drop them right before Pref, I get the sting that comes with it. It feels like the rug is pulled out from under you. It took me quite a while to get over it, and I have to say your attitude is remarkable and much more mature than I was during the same time in my life. But I did get over it and now would not change a thing, and I hope the same feeling will be true for you.

I wish you the best in Jazzberry Jam - from what I've read on here all the chapters at Ole Miss are 100% amazing and I have no doubt you will have the experience of a lifetime.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to you, Anonreb! You have an amazing attitude and I echo all the positive comments about you. Have an amazing college career with your SISTERS!!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
I thought the colors were going to be nail polish shades.
Oh...... there should be a nail polish shades story. OPI, Essie, or my new favorite Dior gel nail colors. I digress...sorry. Reading now and hoping for a happy ending.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I felt so bad when anonreb wrote that her #1 dropped her. Then I had an "awwww" mom moment when she wrote about her confidence taking a hit but she kept going. I am so glad you found a home and I wish you the best.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I have LOVED reading this story and was eager to find out where you ended up but I understand you wanting it to remain private. You did a great job painting such an accurate picture. I do a lot of references each year and help with our local panhellenic sorority recruitment information workshop and I think we need a session on just this topic! I think many girls expect it to be a smoother process than it is. However, many places it is just a numbers game and a matter of not that they didn't love you but they just knew or liked other girls more. This is one of those tough life lessons experience that will certainly grow you as a person. And I'm sure in a few weeks or months, you'll not even be able to imagine you in any other sorority than this one!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I too understand your wanting the identity of your final choice to remain private; however, I still intend to pout for the rest of the day. What a cliffhanger!
Congrats again on a successful recruitment, and on a well-written and realistic story.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Jazzberry Jam got a good one! Enjoy every minute!

Congrats to you!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I love that you are not revealing the true identify of Jazzberry Jam. That way all of your GC fans can imagine that you are now their sister. That's how impressed we are with your maturity and overall attitude! In fact, even though OPA doesn't participate in NPC recruitment on any of our campuses, I am deliberately imagining a scenario where Jazzberry Jam turns out to be OPA so you can be my sister, too!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU2Driver View Post
I too understand your wanting the identity of your final choice to remain private; however, I still intend to pout for the rest of the day. What a cliffhanger!
Congrats again on a successful recruitment, and on a well-written and realistic story.
I am pouting, too!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on making it through recruitment and I'm glad that you got Jazzberry Jam! I hope that you have the best time and come back and give us an update later. While I can understand your desire to be private, I'm also pouting!
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 09-24-2014, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on Jazzberry Jam! Your Chapter is lucky to have you!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

congratulations on Jazzberry Jam!

I'm pouting because I want to know who they are, but on the other hand I can live in my little "world" that you are one of my new sisters

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-25-2014, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
congratulations on Jazzberry Jam!

I'm pouting because I want to know who they are, but on the other hand I can live in my little "world" that you are one of my new sisters
This! All this! I can pretend that she is possibly my sister.

Congrats Anon!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-25-2014, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear Anon, I have SO enjoyed following your journey and would like to chime in with my own experience. As a Yankee Mom and non-Greek, my daughter and especially I had no idea how rigorous Ole Miss recruitment was. She rushed in 2012 and her rush experience was identical to yours. I remember the phone call Sunday (Bid Day), the tears, and my daughter's fears that Greek life was perhaps not right for her. I am a firm believer in the adage "bloom where you are planted" and encouraged her to embrace these women who had chosen her...these were the people who had truly WANTED her. In a very short time she told me that it was the best decision she ever made. Fast forward to today. She is so very happy and says she cannot imagine being anywhere else. She serves as an officer, has attended national conventions, and I do not think that she would have thrived like she has at anywhere else. Thank you for not mentioning who chose you...I would like to think you are one of my daughter's sisters.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the sentiment is that all of us would love to have such an insightful, intelligent woman join any of our GLOs....much like my favorite from last year Clemsongirl. Her posts never cease to amaze me with her information and insight for a newer member.

I want a tea party with anonrebel and Clemsongirl!