GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,048
0 members and 1,048 guests
No Members online

Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Im a Junior or Soph to a Fraternity?

Ok my situation is a bit different from most people. I currently go to a school where I play football but my school is dropping the program that I am studying and at this point in my life I find my education is more important that athletics so I am transferring after the fall semester. I want to try and rush because I still want to be involved and still have that sense of belonging and brotherhood.

I am in my first semester as what be called my "junior" year but I will not be a junior academically till next fall. So my question is when they ask me what year I am what do I say?

Also will fraternities find my situation acceptable or do you think I would not be a good pledge because I am "older"? Any advice would be great!

Thank for reading.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Your academic standing is what it says on your transcript. If you lose credits in your move, I think that could drop you down to a sophomore, but you'll want to confirm that with your new school.

As far as the other stuff, you're just going to have to jump in and find out. There are too many variables - the school, the fraternity/ies you are interested in, how much school you have left, your personality, your ability to get along with guys who are going to be younger and presumably less mature than you - to be able to guess this. Go through the process, consider as many options as you can (I know fraternity and sorority rush are different but as a guy with some things going against him, I'd cast a wide net), and be honest with yourself and with them.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

It all depends on the culture of the school and if you're flexible to joining a colony or a chapter may not be "top tier". What school?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the replies! I am going to try and join a house at the University of Missouri.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

You might look at colonizing fraternities or recently colonized chapters. This might suit your maturity level better and be more of a challenge.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMiz View Post
Thank you for the replies! I am going to try and join a house at the University of Missouri.
Alpha Tau Omega just colonized and is looking for new members. If you are interested message me for more information.