GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,396
0 members and 1,396 guests
No Members online

Old 07-30-2000, 02:15 PM
Christin

Post ***Questions for Sisters***

i was thinking about going through the fall formal rush, and its coming up so fast!!!!i cant wait for it, but i'm also trying to be prepared. i was hoping that somebody has tips on fun stuff to talk about w/ the sisters and i was wondering what its like(do u talk to one sisier for like 2 minutes and then go meet another sister for 2 minutes....b/c i know theres not too much time at those rush parties to really get to know someone!)one more question... what are the pref parties like? how many rushees and stuff are there. sorry about all the ?'s.....im just a little curious!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-30-2000, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Look at the "Rush" board on this site if you want specific tips about rush parties, etc.

Don't worry about how long you talk to each sister. Each chapter has different methods of passing the rushees around, and making introductions, so it's basically up to them and not you. For instance, when you walk into the party, you'll get grabbed by a girl that you may know from class or somewhere else. You'll talk to her for 5 minutes, and then she'll introduce you to another sister. She and that sister will trade rushees, and you'll talk to the new sister for a few minutes until she introduces you to a third girl. The sisters will decide when they've talked to you enough, and then they'll pass you off to someone else. Their goal is to let you meet as many actives as possible, so that they can make an objective, fair judgement of your potential as a worthy pledge. Most sororities don't want the girls to vote on rushees that they've never met firsthand.