GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 1,567
1 members and 1,566 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 08-01-2001, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Do brothers look good in...

I was in the store today and saw a tall chocolate brother with beautiful muscles, nice smile, etc. However, he had on two things I find totally unattractive on men - overalls and sandals. The overalls were clean, pressed, not even faded, and the sandals were nice leather sandals. Is it just me or do other sisters find men in overalls and/or sandals a turn off?
Is there sometihing that a man can wear or not wear that would negate all other points?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-01-2001, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
I HATE, HATE, HATE men who are muscular and wear those tight black t-shirts that are shiny. That style is so played! It makes them look like a 3rd rate wanna-be gigolo.

Burn those shiny shirts my brothas!
Old 08-02-2001, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovely:
Is there sometihing that a man can wear or not wear that would negate all other points?

Definite CAN wear--those chunky ribbed sweaters from the Gap with some nice jeans or khakis and Tims--the one outfit that can make almost any man look good. Also a nice black pinstripe suit that fits right with a monochromatic shirt/tie combination (preferably white, cream, or grey--depending on the stripe) and some nice black dress shoes. I could go on but these are my favorite two.

Definite NO-NO--too tight pants, wide leg pants (short guys), bright colors, muscle shirts (I don't care if you have muscles or not), shirts that have too much going on, and dirty shoes-my personal pet peeve. A brotha can be head to ankle in Platinum Fubu, but if the kicks ain't clean, its over.

I work in a men's store, so I see the good and the bad daily. As for the overalls and sandals--as long as its put together right, I don't have a problem. Translation: no tight shirts, button down shirts, or ashy feet.
Old 08-02-2001, 01:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to MissPradaLover
Overalls, muscle shirts, sandals I HATE them. I also dislike shoes with laces that are too tight! That is like, the nastiest thing to me! And by all means, if a guy wear Timbs...keep the scuffs off. Dirty shoes are a major No~No.
Old 08-02-2001, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: So close to the city of Big Shoulders, that I can almost taste it
Overalls! There is something about them that seem so....effeminine to me. And please, if you must wear them (if it's laundry day or something), do not wear them with a tank top!

Also, no dress socks with shorts, please.
Old 08-02-2001, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Tight stonewash jeans, with a matching denim jacket. Even if the jeans aren't tight, I hate stonewash denim on a man!!!! I want them (men) to just stick with dark denim.

------------------
"22 Resurrected Jewels of DiSTinction"
Gamma Pi '01
Columbia College
4/12/01
Old 08-02-2001, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

I was feelin' the same thing Mocha- the brothers be lookin' kinda sweet in em' and even the hint of that is a turn off.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

I don't hate the overalls if they're done right (no wife beaters, and NO TIGHT SHIRTS!!!!). However, for some reason, I'm starting to really dislike guys in shorts. I meet quite a few who look right, but I meet some that are kinda short, or have funny looking legs...not very attractive.

I think we should start a nationwide petition to ban any man from EVER wearing those tight, shiny Black shirts. Y'all know.

------------------
Celebrate life, in all its amazing glory!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Pet peeves

Sandals
tight clothes of any type
girly colors
I am not really feeling shorts and I just don't like shorts and timbs (is it summer, is it winter?)
fur- this to me is the ultimae in feminine. I know this is an opinion I formed as a child but for some reason the furs were for my mom not my dad and that is just the way it should be. Now some coats with a fur accent, maybe, but I will run from a man trying to rock a full length mink coat. Ick.

Shoes- have to be on point, clean and cared for
Any man gains at least a point with a good (read good amterial, good cut, well coordinated with shirt and tie, well altered) suit.

------------------
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Baltimore Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter
#3 of ER 30
Spring 1999

"No finer girls will you ever see, and I'm so glad I pledged- for what?
For DST!"
Old 08-02-2001, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Burn those shiny shirts my brothas![/B]
ROTFLMAO @ shiny

I can't get with the overalls/overhauls. There was a couple at Essence where they BOTH (EEKA, EEKA) had on the same overall get up. THEN, to make it bad, ole boy had the ends crossed over then rolled up like we used to do in the 80's. I was like ohhhhhhh no! AND, he had on sandals with them.

I don't have a problem with guys wearing sandals. It just depends on the KIND of sandal AND his feet. If the feet are hooked and crooked:
1. Get a pedicure (the tech doesn't discriminate, men can get one, too!)
2. Wear the athletic sandals with some CLEAN white socks. If they are not clean, oh well.
Old 08-02-2001, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Brothers look good in sandals provided they are wearing them with appropriate athletic (for the picnic like sandals) and linen suit kinds of attire (for more dressier sandals). I love looking at a well dressed man who knows when to adorn his outfit with certain types of shoes and is wonderfully masculine.
Old 08-02-2001, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Painting the Bronx, NY pretty PINK and gorgeous GREEN
Oh man I can't even get my man out of Tims and it is August! I would love to see him in sandals, he has nice feet and if I see him in black tims again this summer.... Hot!
Old 08-02-2001, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I have never seen a man with pretty feet, when they're that pretty I'm running.
AKA2D'91 those brothers may have been dating.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

I'm surprised no one's mentioned shiny denim.
I HATE to see a man in shiny denim, it just kills it. Or one hot item and one played item. No, you cannot wear Iceberg and Filas. Its against the law.

I have to co-sign on shorts, too. I used to think it was just me.

And short guys in anything baggy-it looks like they are playing dress-up.

Old 08-02-2001, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Ok, so I hate men who wear those matching short sets. I like to call them leisure suits.. I got that from a friend of mine . Anyway I hate short sets it just seems so ghetto to me. I also hate those shiny shorts, and I definitely hate brotha's in tight jeans. Can they please be a little loose. I hate when men wear suits that can be bought at those bargain down places because they tend to look a little cheap. Ok, really the last thing is, I hate when people wear their gold chains outside of their dress shirts and ties........ Just my .08

[This message has been edited by Lil' bit (edited August 02, 2001).]