GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,277
0 members and 2,277 guests
No Members online

Old 09-26-2006, 11:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Unhappy Kappa killed in a hit and run

Sorry to crash (absolutely no pun intended). Hope they find the sumbitch

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/4232041.html

UT Students Remember Sorority Sister Killed in Hit and Run Accident
11:48 PM Sep 25, 2006
It's been two days now since the hit and run accident that took the life of 20-year-old Morgan McCarty on the UT campus. Monday night, her sorority sisters are ready to talk about their friend and talk to the person who has yet to take responsibility for the accident.

A silent walk to the intersection of 17th and Highland for the sisters of Kappa Kappa Gama. The spot once a route to class for these girls, now decorated with flowers and a memorial site where Morgan McCarty was killed.

"It was especially good to be able to come out here our whole sorority put something here at the accident site. So when people come here they can see something did happen here, so she won't go forgotten," friend Jennifer Hendrich said.

"We have our light blue ribbons on for Morgan and Panhellenic all the different sorority are wearing them for her," friend Kelsey Gentry said.

Now Morgan's pledge sisters with her early Saturday morning just moments before the accident say her last words are giving them some closure..

"She even told us she was so happy she loved her life that gives us all some peace," friend Liz Jennings said.

But not the closure they say will bring their friend justice. Now they have a message for the person behind the wheel the night of the accident.

"Take responsibility for your actions i know its an unfortunate twist of fate for everyone involved," Jennings said. "You have to take responsibility for what you have done."

Until that time, this lantern at the memorial will burn for Morgan.

"Her life is effecting all of us and with the light still burning she's still burning in our hearts," Hendrich said.

Morgan's friends will be holding a campus wide candlelight vigil at Circle Park Wednesday night at 7:30. Anyone in the community is invited to attend.

Police are looking for a young white man with short hair, driving a white Chevy blazer with a damaged headlight. There may be more damage on the front of the vehicle.

If you have any information, call the KPD hotline at 215-7212.

here is the link to the articles that lists her affiliation
http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/4228956.html

http://slideshows.knoxnews.com/index...template=plain
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM

OMG! THAT IS REALLY HORRIBLE! I have been inside that very Kappa house and met some of the girls (5 years ago), so I feel a bit of a connection to the story.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Knoxville Kappa hit-and-run (Photo Links)

Hello all!

I am new to the forums and I don't mean to intrude. Here are links to two images I took of the site where this tragic accident occured. The location is only a few blocks from my home. My thoughts and prayers still go out to the family and friends of the poor victim.

http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_...geViewsIndex=1

http://jreb.org/gallery/main.php?g2_...geViewsIndex=1

Last edited by Knoxstudent; 06-09-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

no intrusion at all-it was extremely thoughtful of both of you to post and let those of us around the country know what happened. Thank you so much.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Hit and Run

It looks as if they caught the person who hit her according to the picture. It seems as though hit and run accidents so frequently involve drunken or drugged drivers. Very sad. Another promising life tragically cut short.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenphoenix View Post
It looks as if they caught the person who hit her according to the picture. It seems as though hit and run accidents so frequently involve drunken or drugged drivers. Very sad. Another promising life tragically cut short.
Yes, a suspect was apprehended several days after the incident. The driver was reportedly driving to purchase drugs- what a waste!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Man convicted in hit-and-run death released

UPDATE:Man convicted in hit-and-run death of UT student released from jail

A judge convicted a Michigan man in a hit and run that killed a UT student then sent him home on Wednesday.

28-year old Jason Stanke of Flint faced a maximum two year sentence.
The judge saw fit to set Stanke free yesterday, since he's already be in jail for close to eight months....
Read the full version here: http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=45268
Old 06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

The article states, "Mr. .Stanke maintains he had nothing to do with it. He was not there. He was not in the white SUV. He wasn't driving. He wasn't involved in this at all. He was a just arrested for it."

I feel bad for the family. If this guy is guilty, justice was not served because 8 months isn't enough. And if this guy isn't guilty since the conviction rested on one witness from the sounds of it, then the real driver is out there somewhere. I just pray that a guilty heart of whoever really did do it haunts them until they confess to police or to the family.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Update

Man convicted in UT hit-and-run death appears in court, tests positive for drugs.

The man convicted of leaving the scene of the accident that killed 20-year-old Morgan McCarty appeared in court today for sentencing.

Court officials say Stanke tested positive for drugs in violation of his bond. Now, Stanke is re-scheduled for sentencing August 16. He remains in custody until that day.

This is not the first time Stanke's sentencing has been rescheduled. He failed to appear at his sentencing June 29, prompting Knoxville Police to arrest him on July 1.

Read the full story here: http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=46994
Old 08-29-2007, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Epsilon Lambda is my chapter! I had no idea this happened! I know I'm a little late, but keep your heads up ladies! This UT kappa alum mourns with you! L&L