GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,340
3 members and 1,337 guests
baadamashtolzea, indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 03-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

The thing is, I have seen more and more Li'l Poundcakes cut from their legacy groups every year. I have to wonder whether the members just don't care anymore if they lose financial support of alums, because I know of several chapters who knew they would lose a lot if they cut certain girls and they did it anyway.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

DoeofDenmark if you can answer this from my other post (you might not be able to) I would be curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1929 View Post
The 1.9 makes me skeptical of transferring in...whether it be from another UT school or ACC - they still have to be admitted to UT Austin, and I know several who were not admitted as transfers. Obviously there's exceptions to every rule and the exception in question may have had two semesters in UT (spring freshman and summer freshman) to tank her GPA.
The options I see for a 1.9 GPA going through as an upperclassman...

1) Can't be their first semester at UT Austin, because the 1.9 would have been from another college/university and I can't see them getting admitted with that GPA?

2) Then it has to be their 2nd or 3rd semester as a UT Austin student...admitted in spring, went through fall recruitment (or picked up as a COB during the late summer or something). Terrible GPA from being a student at UT Austin, but was fine enough at other college to get admitted.

3) Couldn't be Spring pledge because if she was that special of a snowflake, she would have gone through fine in the fall. If she had just transferred into UT Austin in January, she would in the first scenario above.

I'm less interested in the membership selection portion of this (to each their own) and just trying to figure out how this person got INTO the school.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm less interested in the membership selection portion of this (to each their own) and just trying to figure out how this person got INTO the school.
Many schools admit students based on a score comprised of GPA + standardized test scores (and other factors). While it's not necessarily the norm, it's definitely possible to be admitted into a competitive school with a less than competitive GPA. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Many schools admit students based on a score comprised of GPA + standardized test scores (and other factors). While it's not necessarily the norm, it's definitely possible to be admitted into a competitive school with a less than competitive GPA. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Telling me not to worry about it whilst trying to get relatives with crazy high GPAs in (or at least giving them good and accurate information to help them get in!) is like telling a crack addict to not notice the pipe sitting on the table. LOL!

I get that it is possible, but probable with a 1.9? I'm struggling with that.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Telling me not to worry about it whilst trying to get relatives with crazy high GPAs in (or at least giving them good and accurate information to help them get in!) is like telling a crack addict to not notice the pipe sitting on the table. LOL!

I get that it is possible, but probable with a 1.9? I'm struggling with that.
Obviously DoeofDenmark isn’t on the admissions board at UT. She said from the get go that it was her sister who extended the bid to this girl. If you’d like to know how someone got into UT, their admissions office is open Monday-Friday. I don’t think how the girl got into UT is relevant at all, she got in, there’s nothing we can do about it.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

How does a girl get into UT with a 1.9 GPA? Looks like we have our answer! https://finance.yahoo.com/news/felic...190801230.html

True and Constant
Old 03-20-2019, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
“We may have had to endure the indignity of Li’l Poundcake not getting admitted directly onto main campus while OTHERS did, but boy howdy, we can make it certain that she gets into XYZ.”
I love a good RuPaul's Drag Race reference.