GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,658
4 members and 1,654 guests
*winter*, speedsters

Old 09-12-2018, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

As an Alabama alum I'm trying to de-code the names but danged if this last round doesn't leave me scratching my head!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
As an Alabama alum I'm trying to de-code the names but danged if this last round doesn't leave me scratching my head!
I'm pretty sure I know which one my chapter is based on what I've heard and DD4's description. Have figured out a few others I think because of color descriptions and I think she told us which one was DDD.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm reading. I'm laughing. I'm wincing.

Am I the only one who feels just a bit sorry for DD4 having to navigate a world where she is clearly not as special, desired and precious as her sister, DD3? No wonder the poor girl has chosen to walk through life wearing muddy colored glasses.

I'm hoping that she is struck with a lightening bolt of insight and maturity and finds her place in the world so she can forget that she grew up as lesser than.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

For her sake, I hope she had a moment of clarity and came around to the process. I really don't know how y'all kept your patience, I would have lost my mind! This thread is a roller coaster and I am so looking forward to seeing how this worked out for her.

To Bind, To Strive, To Aid
Old 09-13-2018, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Pretty sure about who these are:
Bryant Denny (new group)
National Champions (OP’s sorority)
Southern Charm (colors same as school)
Homecoming (McDonald’s colors)
Sweet Home, Alabama (no Formal Recruitment)

And I have guesses for Tuscaloosa (complicated hand sign) and Football Season (crest on floor). I may or may not have a written out chart with my guesses on it (for those I’ve come up with them for).

Love Grandma’s attempt at making DD4 see reason.

Last edited by unarose; 09-13-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
Pretty sure about who these are:
Bryant Denny (new group)
National Champions (OP’s sorority)
Southern Charm (colors same as school)
Homecoming (McDonald’s colors)
Sweet Home, Alabama (no Formal Recruitment)

And I have guesses for Tuscaloosa (complicated hand sign) and Football Season (crest on floor). I may or may not have a written out chart with my guesses on it (for those I’ve come up with them for).

Love Grandma’s attempt at making DD4 see reason.
Yep...those are the ones I think I have figured out...and I do have a chart...not ashamed to admit it. :-)
Old 09-13-2018, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Absolutely certain who Football Season is...dear to my heart...
Old 09-13-2018, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

PearlGirl13.... my thoughts exactly. Poor thing.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:17 AM
GreekChat Member

By the end of the second day. DD4 hadn’t returned to her dorm. I was contemplating on how to alter a skirt by adding pleats made out of various bits of dish towel so it would fit around my waist and Grandma was pitching me her idea of a Tuscaloosa wine and food tour (“Tuscaloosa Tasties”) when I got a text from DD4 “Mom, I’m at (insert fraternity here), I’m scared. Please come get me.”

Mom mode kicked in and I ran out the door and got in the car, barefoot. I drove to fraternity row, got out of the car, and located my wayward daughter. What was DD4 scared of? She told me that she felt like no one liked her and that she’d moved too far from home too soon, and that she wasn’t like these Alabama girls.

We arrived back to the hotel and grandma gave DD4 the only advice that she could spare. “It’s too late to go back and restart rush but it’s not too late to save rush.” Grandma said. We were both expecting some in depth revelation and DD4 to tell us that she loved her houses and was grateful to be invited, we sat there like Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee expecting DD4 to give us the kind of revelation that would really wake up the nation.
DD4 looked at us, we looked at DD4. “Oh no, I still don’t like my houses because the girls are unfortunate. I’m not changing my mind about that. Who do you think I am? Saint DD3?”
DD4 said with all of the disdain she could muster. Grandma and I kicked DD4 out of the hotel and back to her dorm so we could sleep. The only thing I had over her was a comfortable bed and, by dang, I was going to use it.

The houses:

Nick Saban
Crimsonettes
Big Al
Crimson and White
Homecoming
Crimson Tide
Houndstooth

Nick Saban:
She thought that they were too Texas and too tacky. She also said “Obviously you can mess with Texas because they didn’t cut me this round” and Grandma simply said “The audacity” and went back to bed. Nick Saban is apparently the most popular sorority at Bama but DD4 didn’t like them because they weren’t popular enough for her.

Last edited by TriDDDeltgirl; 09-13-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Tuscaloosa Tasties, Hilarious! MORE!
Old 09-13-2018, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Reading this has been such a delight. I can relate on so many levels having just gone through this with my twins last year at two Big 10 schools. Thank goodness things were simpler back when we went through "rush". We didn't have hand signs or social media, or even houses in my case, to create distraction from the business of focusing on interactions with members. So happy you have Grandma along for the ride. I can only imagine your poor husband trying to offer support as you try and describe the process over the phone, if Grandma wasn't there to share the journey. I am sure that some of the men on this forum must think we are all crazy. LOL. God bless DD4. I hope she finds happiness in one of these houses.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
No, I didn’t know I was having twins until DD3 appeared in all of her near death glory.

I am howling at this and the whole story - you are a great writer and hilarious! I want to hang out with you and grandma and have wine and donuts!
Old 09-13-2018, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there anywhere in Tuscaloosa you can buy pink sequined pantyhose? Asking for a friend.

Glad my sorority is just colonizing at UA this fall - no cred and weird colors. I mean, I love them, but... lavender, yes. Maroon, yes. Lavender *and* maroon? Together? It isn't for everyone.

Also, the hand signs aren't an actual thing. We co-opted them from the Divine Nine.

I seriously can't see our founding sisters in the late 1800s "throwing what they know". I think they would also be alarmed at all the glitter and short skirts, but admittedly I am old school.

Keep writing. I would also like to sign up for your Tuscaloosa Tasties Tour.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Absolutely certain who Football Season is...dear to my heart...
It’s either them or one other—I’ve only found evidence of two houses at Bama that have that feature. I also think it’s a lovely feature, not tacky at all.

Most of the ones I had figured out are no longer in the mix for DD4. We can add Crimson and White to ones I’m pretty sure of, though, based on the “events that were in the news” thing. I’ll admit, I thought this house might’ve been Roll Tide at first because of the architecture comment, but I’m way more familiar with who’s been in the news than the overall architecture of the houses, so.

Seven left, but it only takes one…

Old 09-13-2018, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
I'm pretty sure I know which one my chapter is based on what I've heard and DD4's description. Have figured out a few others I think because of color descriptions and I think she told us which one was DDD.
She liked the colors for your chapter! It’s not that one!