GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 838
2 members and 836 guests
indygphib

Old 03-14-2009, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

LOL - y'all are funny
Old 04-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Hello Friend,

I hope my letter meets you in good health. I'm Kemal, an exchange employee with a security firm here in Istanbul-Turkey. I've contacted you due to your location as compared with one of our late Client's Assignment of Lien holder / Beneficiary.

I wish to humbly request your help in protecting the client's interests and benefits he left with the firm before it is declared unserviceable and foreclosed on or before 25th of May 2009. My intention is to kindly seek your consent and perhaps to present you as the Grantee/Legal Lien Holder to the depositor so that the deposits can be secured and transferred to any safe location we agree upon. All legal documents to back up this process will be provided to you for official Notary purpose at your local Notary Office.

Please note that all procedures will be executed under legitimate process that will protect us from any breach of the local and international law.

I will further disclose more of the information to you on receipt of your positive response indicating your sincere interest.

Sincerely Yours

Kemal A

Seems like they're getting better . . . thought the dude send it through gmail. No respecting security firm will send this kind of email using gmail.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Hello Friend,

I hope my letter meets you in good health. I'm Kemal, an exchange employee with a security firm here in Istanbul-Turkey. I've contacted you due to your location as compared with one of our late Client's Assignment of Lien holder / Beneficiary.

I wish to humbly request your help in protecting the client's interests and benefits he left with the firm before it is declared unserviceable and foreclosed on or before 25th of May 2009. My intention is to kindly seek your consent and perhaps to present you as the Grantee/Legal Lien Holder to the depositor so that the deposits can be secured and transferred to any safe location we agree upon. All legal documents to back up this process will be provided to you for official Notary purpose at your local Notary Office.

Please note that all procedures will be executed under legitimate process that will protect us from any breach of the local and international law.

I will further disclose more of the information to you on receipt of your positive response indicating your sincere interest.

Sincerely Yours

Kemal A

Seems like they're getting better . . . thought the dude send it through gmail. No respecting security firm will send this kind of email using gmail.
I got this same one this weekend. Apparently we're both in for a big windfall.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

This guy IMed with the person trying to scam him- hilarious. http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:1905808

Old 01-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Good day

I do sincerely apologies for contacting through this media. However, I am left with just no choice other than to contact you through this media,
. I am married to Mr Humphrey,we have been married ever since the fifties,

I lost my husband and kids during the sept 11 attack in the world trade center and ever since then I've remained a widow
We were a dedicated Christians (Catholic) and decided to serve mankind to the best of our ability. Since their death, I have lived with the memories, fighting effortlessly to live a normal life but all to no avail. I suffered mentally and psychologically and shortly was diagnosed of Cancer.
I lived with the scourge praying earnestly for divine intervention. Just a month ago, the doctor informed me that I have just about three months more to live. I was not shocked.
I accepted the news in good fate. My dear beloved, it is in this regard that I write to you, having source your address from a database in my late husband's internet dozier after fervent prayers. Before my husband died, he deposited a sum of $million (eight million three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) with a security company. I alone have the deposit details and they will release the deposit to no one unless I instruct them to do soothe security company has no single idea of what's the history or nature of the deposit. They are simply awaiting instructions to release the deposit to any party that I may direct. This is the situation. I will simply nominate you as the next of kin and have them release the deposit to you.

I have wholeheartedly decided to donate the entirety of this fund to any devoted believer or organization and to achieve this, I need an individual that will utilize this funds adherently for these purposes: 1: For the sick, less and de statute
2: For the Widows and the motherless babies etc
3: orphanages, Research centers and widows propagating. These are the wishes of a dying woman are the desires of my heart, hence my decision as I do not have a child to take over my inheritance. Please, understand that I am not doing this because of fear of death as I am certain where my place already is
At this point, friends,well wishers, and my husbands relatives are all clamp around me as I sojourn in my hospital bed and are unaware of my plight, hence I will not be able to make an open conversation. When I receive your response, I will direct you at once to an attorney who shall assist you with the deposit portfolio transfer of ownership procedures.
The transfer of ownership certification cost and other miscellaneous expense shall be bear by you this purpose,i have decided to offer you 27% of the total sum.
This offer is bestially to reward you for your dedication and time wish to state here that my communication w I you will seize once i have gi vein you the attorney contact and of course a letter of authority mandating the security company to entertain your claims of right of ownership. All I need from you is Truthfulness, Honesty and Sincerity assuring me that you can in all honesty and obedience utilize the funds for the purpose with which it is meant.
In any a case, a quick response from you will be highly appreciated as I am already on a count-down and may not have ample time to finalize the procedures. Any delay in response may compel me to source for other measures or perhaps choose the alternative which I will not be happy to. Please, do not see this as a strange possibility or an unbelievable opportunity to make wealth, rather see this as a rare chance to assist the less privileged in truth and in spirit with a substance not betray my confidence in you.
please reply me on my personal email which is juanhump@gmail.com try to use this secret code 0505980 hen replying so i can know i am getting a direct response from you

And also contact my lawyer Barister Earl Simmons his email is earlsimmons@lawyer.com.
As soon as you read this email try to contact him and you can also collect his phone number to talk to him on the phone when you have contacted him.
Also let me have your
FULL NAME
COUNTRY
OCCUPATION
MOBILE NUMBER
I await your immediate response. Thank You and Bless You richly! Yours Sincerely
Mrs Juanita Humphrey
Old 01-04-2010, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Aw, I deleted the one I received yesterday It was the first one I have received in quite a while!

lawyer.com sounds like the most reliable website ever.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Attn: The Beneficiary ,

Compliments of the day, I am Mr Hillary Chris an executive officer with the Federal Ministry of Finance here in Nigeria.This is to inform you that there was a meeting held on 4th May 2010 at the World Bank headquarters in Geneva Switzerland by the World Bank, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), United Nation, Federal Bureau of Investigation officials in respect to funds owed to beneficiaries all over the World and we came to a conclusion that all affected persons will receive their funds immediately. In regards to this agreed new directive, I have been able to facilitate all the neccessary documents needed to effect your own fund release into your nominated bank account.

I have also submitted the documents to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) who in turn has also passed it on to the WORLD BANK Headquarters in Geneva Switzerland since the World Bank has instructed that all payment will be handled by them directly. Please I advise that you use the information below to contact the WORLD BANK REPRESENTATIVE in the United States of America as he is the one to effect all further transfer.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

WORLD BANK REPRESENTATIVE IN USA
NAME: MR WILFORD WILLIAMS
EMAIL: wilfordwilliams1@megamail.pt
DIRECT PHONE: 1 (801) 618 - 1109

Please when contacting him do not fail to tell him that you were directed by Mr Hillary Chris and also quote your transaction code which is (TF37DVD6) this code is your direct and secret code. It is this code the WORLD BANK REPRESENTATIVE will be able to access your documents and fund for immediate release as all the needed documents has been passed on to him to enable him effect your fund transfer into your nominated bank account in any part of the World.

You are hereby advised to contact him immediately either through phone or email and endeavour to keep me updated once you contact him or better still send me an email to any of my email address listed here.hillarychris1@live.com

Regards,

Mr Hillary Chris.
Never knew that World Bank's HQ is in Switzerland. Here I thought they were based in DC. Still trying to figure out what's the FBI role in all of this. Hahahaha

Last edited by moe.ron; 05-23-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri deezy View Post
This guy IMed with the person trying to scam him- hilarious. http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:1905808
no matter how many times i read this the "thanks man" at the end always kills me.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
what really got to me is that simple logic would've prevented people from being defrauded. Corporations, governments, law firms, will not be using free email services to send their official messages. Also, look at the caps being used people.
And the atrocious spelling and grammar.

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928
Old 05-30-2010, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

you just can't trust family. smh.

Good day,

I saw your email (in the Central Computer among the list of unpaid Inheritance funds that was originated from Europe, Asia Plus Middle east,Americans) among the list of individuals and companies that your unpaid fund amounting 10m Pounds Sterling. Your email appeared among the Inheritance funds/contract funds has been approved already for months. You are requested to get back to me for more direction and instruction on how to receive your fund.However, we received an email from SOMEONE who told us that he is your next of kin and that you died in a car accident Few weeks Ago. He has also submitted his account for us to transfer the fund to him including his International passport, we want to hear from you before we can effect the transfer to confirm if you are dead or not. Once again, I apologize to you for failure to pay your funds on time, which according to records in the system had been long overdue payment.Your fund will be paid through African Union (AU) Clearing house, Accra Ghana.More details will
kindly Reconfirm Your Informations Below:
FULL NAME:
COMPANIES NAME:
DIRECT TELEPHONE:
CONTACT ADDRESS:

Respectfully Yours

JOHN TEMBA.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

So they just emailed a "dead" guy? How long do they wait for a response? I sometimes wish my gmail spam filter wasn't so good, i'd like to see if I could get good responses.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

lol. a lot of times i reaalllly want to respond. i'd be like yes, i'm alive! and go on a rant on ima show that "relative" just how alive i am.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Good Day

I am Mr. Vincent Cheng Hoi Chuen, GBS, JP Chairman of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.i have a business proposal of Twenty Two million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only for you to transact with me from my bank to your country.

All confirmable documents to back up the claims will be made available to you prior to your acceptance and as soon as I receive your return mail Via my email address choi_chuen2010@yahoo.co.jp and I will let you know what is required of you.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mr. Vincent Cheng
Old 07-08-2010, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Vincent Cheng of China has a Japanese email address? Wow.

^The U.S. govt might want to look into this deal with China. Sounds legit.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Good Day

I am Mr. Vincent Cheng Hoi Chuen, GBS, JP Chairman of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.i have a business proposal of Twenty Two million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only for you to transact with me from my bank to your country.

All confirmable documents to back up the claims will be made available to you prior to your acceptance and as soon as I receive your return mail Via my email address choi_chuen2010@yahoo.co.jp and I will let you know what is required of you.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mr. Vincent Cheng
I got this one the other day.

Quote:
RE: NOTIFICATION AGAIN‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Fri 7/09/10 1:50 PM
To:
Dear Good Friend

We wish to notify you again that you are listed as a beneficiary to the total sum of 10,600,000.00G.B.P (Ten Million Six Hundred Thousand British Pounds) in the council and last testament of the deceased. (Name now withheld since this is our second letter to you). We contacted you because of your good name to the society and therefore we can present you as the beneficiary to the inheritance.

We therefore reckoned that you could receive these funds as you are qualified by your name and identity. All the legal papers will be processed in your In your acceptance of this deal. We request that you kindly forward to us your acceptance Notification; your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary documents for the release of this sum of money.

Please contact me for further details of the funds.

Yours Faithfully,
Wright Cosby
Quote:
RE: NOTIFICATION DE NOUVEAU‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Fri 7/09/10 1:16 PM
To:
Dear Good Friend

We wish to notify you again that you are listed as a beneficiary to the total sum of 10,600,000.00G.B.P (Ten Million Six Hundred Thousand British Pounds) in the council and last testament of the deceased. (Name now withheld since this is our second letter to you). We contacted you because of your good name to the society and therefore we can present you as the beneficiary to the inheritance.

We therefore reckoned that you could receive these funds as you are qualified by your name and identity. All the legal papers will be processed in your In your acceptance of this deal. We request that you kindly forward to us your acceptance Notification; your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary documents for the release of this sum of money.

Please contact me for further details of the funds.

Yours Faithfully,
Wright Cosby

================================================== =====================

Cher bon ami

Nous souhaitons vous informer encore que vous кtes inscrit en tant que bйnйficiaire de la somme totale de 10,600,000.00 GBP (dix millions six cent mille livres sterling) dans le conseil et le dernier testament du dйfunt. (Nom maintenant retenu car c'est notre deuxiиme lettre de vous). Nous vous contactй а cause de votre bonne rйputation de la sociйtй, et donc nous pouvons vous prйsenter comme le bйnйficiaire de l'hйritage.

Nous avons donc compter que vous pourriez recevoir ces fonds que vous кtes qualifiй par votre nom et votre identitй. Tous les documents juridiques seront traitйes dans votre Dans votre acceptation de cet accord. Nous vous demandons de bien vouloir nous faire parvenir votre notification d'acceptation, votre tйlйphone actuel et les numйros de fax et une adresse de rйexpйdition pour nous permettre de dйposer des documents nйcessaires pour la libйration de cette somme d'argent.

S'il vous plaоt me contacter pour plus de dйtails sur les fonds.

Veuillez agrйer,
Wright Cosby
In French and English! I feel special.