GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,366
3 members and 2,363 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old 08-10-2007, 09:59 PM

rushing advice anyone?!?!?

So here is my situation, every since I can remember I wanted to be a part of a sorority, the thought of being able to help people, network, and develop bonds have always caught my interest. With that being said I attended a School that was oh so far away from home, now I transferred to a school closer to home. Any way I'm in my junior year and I've been researching like crazy and I know which sorority I would like to be a part of. My question is should I wait until SP semester before I attend the rush and get to know everyone better or should I just take a leap of faith and hope all works for the best?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyCheetah19 View Post
So here is my situation, every since I can remember I wanted to be a part of a sorority, the thought of being able to help people, network, and develop bonds have always caught my interest. With that being said I attended a School that was oh so far away from home, now I transferred to a school closer to home. Any way I'm in my junior year and I've been researching like crazy and I know which sorority I would like to be a part of. My question is should I wait until SP semester before I attend the rush and get to know everyone better or should I just take a leap of faith and hope all works for the best?
It depends. Before any advice gets thrown out, what kind of sorority are you interested in?

NPC? NPHC? Local? Multi-Cultural? Service? Professional?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:14 PM

NPHC
Old 08-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
NPHC
Now that we know that bit of info -- you'll want to visit your interest sorority's forum and follow the proper intake protocol (which includes what you should and shouldn't do on GreekChat) listed in one of their stickied posts.

Discretion is key and so is protecting your privacy. You might want to be a little bit more anonymous in the future.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 11:12 PM

i may be pulling a little too hard.... but more advice would be nice.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:19 PM

Each of the NPHC sorority forums have advice-type welcome posts in them. They also advise interested girls to check out their national websites.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
i may be pulling a little too hard.... but more advice would be nice.
I'm not in an NPHC organization, but after reading posts like yours for the past 6+ years online, questions/advice pertaining to membership intake are not discussed online. If you don't believe me, you can try and post this exact same question in the sorority's forum and see what kind of reception you'll get.

Everything you need to know online is listed on the official sorority's website and in the sorority forum's stickied post regarding membership.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 08-11-2007 at 01:49 AM.