GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,380
3 members and 1,377 guests
PGD-GRAD, Sarak24034

Old 10-03-2002, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Question No More Regionals!

Did anyone notice that there will be No More Regional Conferences according to International Site?

I am sure that this is a cost cutting move. I cannot really Blame Hdqs because of money crunch! BUT, This is the only Chance I had to go and meet Brothers from Different Zetas and intermingal.

Even though Denver GA was the closet to me, as a Small Business Man and the Amount that was being asked, I could not afford it!

I know we have become and have been a Big Business, God I hope it does not come Down to who can afford to attend!

Damn, we do not have to stay at the expensive Hotels, all is needed is a bed, shower, and TV!

I say get with it, I am not going to impress anyone, I just want to be with my Brothers!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2002, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello Brothers!

Tom, that is a good point you made about regionals!

One of the things that HQ is looking at is still doing events during the time for Regionals, just changing the format. We were looking at possibly going to other colleges, when we used to have conclave meetings. I am not sure yet what is going on for that..I am going to get a hold of Bo Gebbie who is our conference planner and update you on the details!

ZAX,

canman
Old 10-04-2002, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Please keep us abrest.

Does IHQ do any research before they change this stuff. I am all for cost cutting, but I believe that regional conferences are a fundamental necessity for leadership development in the undergrads. So this change format will be the third in 5 years. My vote, do it the same way it was last year, but use the aditional year to RESEARCH the most cost effective way to do it.

Hell, I liked the conclave way.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiPsi517
Post Cutting Costs

I was a General Assembly this last summer, and preached that to much money was being spent at conventions. I had many brothers that wanted to go, but could not aford the 600 dollars to attend. I am all about getting a huge peice of land in the middle of a national forest and just pitchig tents, more unity in camping anyway. Most of the guys at nationals avoid the subject of cost. I was told that if this "imgae" of class was not kept up then there was little point to the assembly, at least in the alumni eyes. I was told by a ELC that a good 1800 was spent on each person, so we were getting "a good deal." Well I don't want a good deal, I want Nationals to hold back on money and find a efficient way to share ideas and continue the bond without asking all of us for another ment after the increase in dues have been passed. Work with the tools you have and then ask your brother for help becasue Ideas are free and help is only a question away.

If not, then we should start our own. I will be gone for two years in Europe, but when I come back we will get the whole nation to go camping. LOL
Old 12-08-2002, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Bro, that is a good point! I wanted so badly to make a GA and Denver was the closest ever for me! But when I saw the Cost I just OOPS!

I have been to 2 Regionals in KC the last 2 times in 5 years.

To me there was no need to have at an expensive Hotel to show face! Who in the hell cares about face as it is a way for Brothers to get together and discuss many things!

Example, my guys in Pittsburg KS, 2 hours away were sent to Dallas. What is with that?

I am not sure what they are talking about having at Colleges!

I am sure they could and use the School Facilities which would keep the cost down!

Within the Kansas City Area, there are 19 schools with LXA Chapters within 4-5 hours driving time of KC! Maybe 6 more with a little longer driving time!

Just a thought!!

Cost cutting is important so Digital can get back up, keeping the ELC's, putting out publications to keep us informed and of course paying the HDQ Staff who do a tremendous job!

For everyones info, I think we have the largest paid staff including ELC's as opposed to voluntary work which is good but not great!

Check other Orgs and get an idea of what We have compared to what they have!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-02-2003, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SniffDNZ098
for those who signed up, have you gotten your money back yet? I paid by debit card and I havent gotten it back yet. Email nationals soon?
Old 03-03-2003, 07:00 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was an AM back in the dark ages (February 1974, just 1.5 years after we'd gotten rid of pledgedom, so we had plenty of actives who didn't believe in the idea of an AM), I went to a conclave @ Western Illinois in Macomb.

We stayed just off campus in a Holiday Inn (4 guys/room, as I recall). It wasn't the Ritz, but it worked well.

I've often wondered why these events have been held @ hotels when there are numerous campuses w/unions that have meeting rooms AND sleeping rooms. Speaking as an alum w/out vast financial resources, I'd like to see the GA's held this way.

ZAX,
Bill Foltz
BOZ 130
Illinois State '77