GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,050
2 members and 1,048 guests
chi-o_cat, indygphib

Old 05-14-2002, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
General Hospital

Do any GCers watch General Hospital?

I was floored when I saw today's episode because I didn't really think that Carly was really dead...I figured the actress was on vacation!!!
Old 05-14-2002, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I watch it, but I haven't seen it in ages. The last time I saw it was after Liz and Gia's car accident and when Jennifer Smith kidnapped Luke and Laura. How did Carly die? Please fill me in on what's happening because it sounds like I'm missing a lot!
Old 05-14-2002, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I love GH and have been watching since Robin S. was my age! I cannot see it during the day but catch reruns at 10:00 on Soap Network!

I disliked Carly and am glad to see her go, wonder what really happend with that actress.....new job maybe?

Don't get me started about Lucky and Sarah, I could go for days!
Old 05-14-2002, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

And could we PLEASE do something with A Martinez, one of the sexiest and underused men on the planet (did anyone ever watch him and Marcie Walker on SB? Pure sizzle), and Kristina Wagner, too, while we're at it?! I've been watching GH literally since I was a baby -- my grandma watched it while she took care of me -- so I have these hazy memories of Audrey with her dorky nurses cap on, discussing Tommy's parentage with Jessie Brewer. But I'm not totally stuck in the far distant past -- I would drop everything to see Jason (who's coming back!) and Robin back together on-screen, and that's only the semi-recent past. Loved them, and waited patiently for about 5 years waiting for him to notice her -- did anyone watch way back when she was, like, 12, and had a crush on him while he didn't know she existed?
Old 05-14-2002, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by DWAlphaGam
How did Carly die?
Well, when Carly went to Sonny's place to give him a birthday card from Michael, she caught Sonny and Alexis having sex (ewwww!!!). Then she went to Zander's place and put the moves on him but, when he found out it was just about getting back at Sonny, he threw her out. Then, supposedly, she drove her car over a cliff. Friday, they finally found a body and, since it was unrecognizable, did a DNA test with hair from one of Carly's brushes, which matched. If this is really just a soap opera "gotcha," I'd like to see how they're going to explain it.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Could be one of Sonny's rivals or Helena's doings. The way I figure until they actually show the person in the coffin is the same actress, I figure they will bring "Carly" back when Sonny is about to get married...just in time to break up the ceremony.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I too have been watching GH since I was a kid with my Grandmother after school!

I really would love to see Sonny and Alexis together. I mean Carly died b/c of them, the relationship has to be given a chance!

I would also like to see Robin back, and Jason and hope that Carly is REALLY dead!

P.S. Did anyone else LOVE Stone and about die the day he died!?
Old 05-14-2002, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

i loved stone and robin. i've been watching (or should i say listening) to GH since i was little. my grams used to watch it at her house and when she had to leave, we would listen to it in her car on the radio. i just love GH.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I don't believe that Carly is dead. But then again, I'm still waiting for Brenda's big return.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:28 AM

I started watching when I was 12!
I'm only glad to see Carly go cause I hate the new actress. Bring back the old one. I could believe her as the vengenful trashy offspring of Bobbie.

When I started watching Jason and AJ were not even cast yet. Anna Scorpio was still a WSB agent and not doing double duty on another show. Uncle Mac was not existent. And Ned was getting ready to marry bride #1, Dawn. Who was Monica's daughter from an affair with some guy. Which was ironic because Monica had also had an affair with Ned. Then Dawn ran off with Lucy's cousin Dexter. Meanwhile Lucy married Alan.

So entriguing, how could I NOT be hooked!?!

Now that I've been working full time for the last year and a half; I can't watch during the day. Thank the Lord for reruns on the Soap Opera Network and the weekly recap in the newspaper.
Old 05-15-2002, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been watching GH since my best friend got me hooked on it in the seventh grade..The old Lucky was my favorite character of all time..the lucky and liz storyline years ago is my favorite! I haven't seen the show for a little while, but I've heard that carly isn't being killed off..supposedly she was carjacked. I guess we'll see...
Old 05-16-2002, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the updates, everyone!

I've been watching GH for as long as I can remember...I remember being about 3 or 4 and talking about Frisco and Felicia with my cousins, who also used to watch it. I cried my eyes out when Stone died...I got a puppy around that time and his name is Rocky because I wanted to name him after Stone (but he didn't really look like a Stone ). I heard that Jason is supposed to come back and get together with Liz, but I'm still holding out hope that Liz and Lucky will get back together!
Old 05-16-2002, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Oooo! I loved Frisco and Felicia -- does anyone remember when Frisco came back from the dead (he may have done this more than once) only to see Felicia marrying Colton? I was DYING over that one. And I also loved Stone, and wept like a baby when he died. The one scene/day I've never managed to see, though, after all these years, was the BJ dies/Maxie gets her heart storyline. I missed it the first time around, always seem to hear about it just after it's been aired again for some special episode. That's alright -- I'm not sure I could take it, anyway.

I also loved Karen and Jagger -- in fact, I've never been able to get fully invested in Sonny because he started out as Karen's manipulator/strip club owner (and also because Maurice Bernard played Nico who split up my much beloved Julie and Charlie on AMC -- but that would be another thread!).
Old 05-16-2002, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I Love GH, but never get to watch anymore (I rely on Soap Opera Digest now...isn't that sad???). I am old enough to remember Luke & Laura's wedding first hand (I was in elementary school...so I'm not really, really old!).

Here's a controversial question...I won't say what I think--I want to get Jason & Robin back together on this show, but it may not happen w/o a recast of Robin. What do you guys think? Is there someone out there who you think can fit Kimberly McCullough's shoes?

I think A Martinez & Kristina Wagner s/b paired up ASAP.
I am not a fan of Alexis with anyone...or Skye & Jax being together (eww) for that matter.

Why can't Ned just get some real love??? Bring Lois back (OK, that will have to be a recast too...). I just hope they don't make Brook Lynn an instant teenager. Leslie Charleson needs to lay off the Botox injections.

Enough, I could go on about this for days.
Old 05-16-2002, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DWAlphaGam
Thanks for the updates, everyone!

I've been watching GH for as long as I can remember...I remember being about 3 or 4 and talking about Frisco and Felicia with my cousins, who also used to watch it.
OK. THAT makes me feel really, really old.